Gaming Mice Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

I'm trying to find more information/help in regards to getting my new mouse working for MWO (Corsair M95) and noticed that it appears the help threads for gaming mice are scattered at best and none seem to contain any real sort of help.

IE: short walk through for how to bind x button on y brand to do z.

So I figured I'd start a thread for just that. If you know of a good walk through for any mouse type please drop a link into this thread with what mouse it is for. Also, try to stick with ones that are directly related to MWO as the game for some reason acts quite differently than many others in regards to gaming peripherals.

My main issue is getting button 15 assigned as my weapon group three (using Key:3 at the moment) and to act like it's held down instead of a single stroke. Again this problem is for the Corsair M95.

#2 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

That's the sniper button correct? I've not had success assigning anything to certain buttons on the M95. I think some buttons may be locked to certain functions and this includes the sniper buttons and the profile buttons. The software seems to think they are programmable but I've had no luck.

I generally like this mouse a lot, the software's just a little impenetrable. Of course that seems to be true of most peripheral software.

Please post back if you ever figure this one out, I’d like to know too.

#3 Summer

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSouthwest US

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

I don't seem to have the problems with this mouse that Gauvan mentioned. Here is a graphic showing the steps needed to map button 15 to 3.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Summer, 30 October 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#4 Summer

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSouthwest US

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

Here's a bonus tip for Tag: How to assign the top button to weapons group 6 for toggle on/off

Posted Image

Always remember to "Save to M95" after you are done making changes.

Edited by Summer, 30 October 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#5 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

That's awesome, thanks!

I was (ahem) not saving the changes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users