Three Damn Years, Russ.

Gameplay Weapons

45 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

Took you three full years to realize and admit the simplest of truths--that the pulse family needed far more to offset the extra tonnage (twice as heavy as regular lasers in case of the small and medium variants). Meanwhile people have been screaming about it for years--me included.

As to Pulse lasers I finally took the plunge in admitting that the extra tonnage was not going to be justifiable to players unless the damage was higher yet the heat was the same. The extra tons were more than penalty enough.

I am as happy as I am angry ATM since it took three full years for resolving such simple issue, and I do hope Russ finds an elegant yet simple solution the the ECM/LRM/counters issue soon, as well. Cause that has been going on for equal amount of time.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 October 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#2 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

The Clan LPL in particular was already viable, and I suspect that it will be a complete [REDACTED]cannon on November 4th. Perhaps even better than its original pre-nerf values.

Wubhawk Prime awaits is ascension.

Maybe the SPL and MPL for both sides might be finally worth using for a change. And the IS LPL, which is currently also bleh.

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

Pulses should deal more damage through a faster duration and cool down...not through higher straight up damage......

Pulse should be like 1.1 duration, 2.75CD vs LL 1.5duration, 3.25s cool down....but the LL does its 11/10 while the LPL gets its 10/9 or w/e.....

BUt I guess what we have now makes them pretty damn well amazing. Seems its just going to flip the coin and obsolete regular lasers all the same....

View PostFupDup, on 30 October 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

The Clan LPL in particular was already viable, and I suspect that it will be a complete rapecannon on November 4th. Perhaps even better than its original pre-nerf values.

Maybe the SPL and MPL for both sides might be finally worth using for a change. And the IS LPL, which is currently also bleh.

But I wanna see a truly viable PPCHawk.....lessen it's Ghost heat penalties and give it better overall heat dissipation......really shouldnt take it the direction of the awesome and simply make it fire so much you cant not destroy everything.....

#4 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 30 October 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

Pulses should deal more damage through a faster duration and cool down...not through higher straight up damage......

That's an idea I also offered, although the heat should go down as well if that's the case. Otherwise, the mech cannot brawl for long.

#5 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

I've been pretty happy with the med pulse lasers since the little buff they got a few months back, and my friend got his Catapult up to 12 or so on the leaderboards with LPLs though they seem heavy and hot still.

But hey, if they want to buff them some more thats fine with me

#6 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

Are you really making a thread just to harass Russ over when the Plaser adjustment came?

#7 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

Dual Large pulse on my On1-K works well. I don't use the pulse mediums though. I like the range synergy with the regular medium lasers.

#8 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 October 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

That's an idea I also offered, although the heat should go down as well if that's the case. Otherwise, the mech cannot brawl for long.

As a trade off, perhaps don't cut heat. Just their TT values, or whatever balance is suited to. cLPL will have the proper 10 heat, but 13 damage instead of 10. It's already usable, might just replace most ERPPCs.

Anyhow, if we have the same heat, but able to fire twice as fast as a standard laser (I.E, 1-1.5 second cooldown+whatever burn time), they could be good backup weaponry, since they would be too hot to effectively boat, but not worthless to take in pairs. Might cause issues of being too powerful...but I'd be happy to try it on the test server.

#9 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

It was a long time coming, but now it's here some mechs are going to be wubbing with a vengeance.

Wolverine WVR-6K

Large Pulse Laser Range 25%
Energy Range 25%
Large Pulse Laser Cooldown 12.5%
Energy Cooldown 12.5%
Large Pulse Laser Heat Gen -12.5%
Energy Heat Gen -12.5%

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 30 October 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Are you really making a thread just to harass Russ over when the Plaser adjustment came?

I am reprimanding him that certain simple issues take no-brainer to change without waiting for 3 full years. Such as the pulse lasers, and now, the ECM issue.

It is hardly worth called harassing.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 October 2014 - 07:30 PM.

#11 Squirtbox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:33 PM

I would have liked all pulse lasers to have been roughly half the burn duration of their regular counterparts. To compensate for the much shorter burn time the cooldown could have been extended slightly to be equal to the regular versions.

#12 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 October 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Took you three full years to realize and admit the simplest of truths--that the pulse family needed far more to offset the extra tonnage (twice as heavy as regular lasers in case of the small and medium variants). Meanwhile people have been screaming about it for years--me included.

I am as happy as I am angry ATM since it took three full years for resolving such simple issue, and I do hope Russ finds an elegant yet simple solution the the ECM/LRM/counters issue soon, as well. Cause that has been going on for equal amount of time.

And its only ONE of many issues that have sat unresolved much less mentioned as needing to be fixed (even though they clearly need addressing) ... for years at a time. Which is sad, frustrating, and infuriating all at once. It sucks to enjoy a game concept but be slapped around by poor development for so long, essentially being penalized for being a long time supporter.

#13 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostSquirtbox, on 30 October 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

I would have liked all pulse lasers to have been roughly half the burn duration of their regular counterparts. To compensate for the much shorter burn time the cooldown could have been extended slightly to be equal to the regular versions.

They already did that.

They were worthless.

#14 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:12 PM

Fair criticism is fair.

#15 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

I'm happy that yet another issue has been dealt with (or is in the process of) and, while I am a mite afraid of what the cLPL might turn out to be like (I'm reserving judgement), even the very fact that we finally had an admission that pulse lasers were not where they should be, and haven't been for a long long time, is progress.

November 4th will be glory. And an effective complete balance reset which will stir the pot and get everyone figuring out what they can do and what might be the new meta.

... And the Awesome is finally Awesome.

#16 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 October 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

I am reprimanding him that certain simple issues take no-brainer to change without waiting for 3 full years. Such as the pulse lasers, and now, the ECM issue.

It is hardly worth called harassing.

View Postgregsolidus, on 30 October 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Fair criticism is fair.

And constructive because.....

?

You got me. How is this thread productive, constructive, or even a discussion?

(I do believe in criticism, I am a strong proponent of it...but only when it has a purpose and a defined goal. Otherwise it is known as "whining." Or, in this case, being directed at a particular person regarding an issue that *has* been resolved.. "harassment.")

#17 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

View PostFupDup, on 30 October 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

The Clan LPL in particular was already viable, and I suspect that it will be a complete rapecannon on November 4th. Perhaps even better than its original pre-nerf values.

It isn't going to be as big of an improvement as you think. With the heat increase its damage/heat ratio is nearly identical and if you consider burn length the DPS is almost identical to the IS version.

Range is what it will have at the expense of more heat. DPS is negligible.

#18 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

It's a less than subtle way of saying "work on medium and small sized balance issues faster". Is it crude and needlessly aggressive? Yes, but there is a grain of truth in most insults.

Edited by gregsolidus, 30 October 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#19 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 October 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

THEY
DON'T
LISTEN
TO
US!

No matter how much they try to make us think they do, no matter how many fake ass radio or youtube broadcasts they do, they don't give a flying ****. The only thing they care about is pleasing accounting in the short term.

I've seen a dozen companies like this go up in smoke. It WILL eventually cost them EVERYTHING.

#20 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

little bit dramatic don't you think

some of you guys could probably do with some vacation time from the forums. All that overtime, you gotta have a couple weeks banked at least :lol:

Edited by cSand, 30 October 2014 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users