So In Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance

9 replies to this topic

#1 Iyica de Tylmarande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

Did you choose to save your sister or get the armory?

Also did Ian Dresari become a jerk after he became Duke or was all that stuff about him in Black Knight just Steiner propaganda? It felt weird killing my former character and his lancemates in the expansion.

#2 TheDevilsIncarnate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOutside Your House With A 'Mech

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

First time? Saved the sister. Blood is blood after all, and by that point I was so overpowered I didn't need the extra weapons.

And yeah it really killed the experience because I no longer felt immersed killing my former game character (who became a much worse shot btw)

#3 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

Last playthrough I did the sister mission because I had no interest in the Dire Wolf as I had been using my Awesome since I got it. Three PPCs at 80 KPH on Veteran is surprisingly pretty good, even in the city.

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 October 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

In Canon story line Ian Dresari did not save his sister (in the Canon one which was released when Black Knight came out and the 2 stories were canonized in 2001).

Actually, canon, the player character from MW4V did save the sister, but then some time into his reign, his sister died suspiciously and put his domain under martial law.

As for the OP's question as to "steiner propaganda", because I looked it up on Sarna, I'm guesing that somebody after Black Knight went and retconned the player character being a douchenozzle in Black Knight for some reason or another, because its played rahter straightforward in Black Knight.

#4 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

Mauler: x2 AC/20 (dont remember the ammount of ammo) no heat sinks, x4 ML, no silly missiles, and then threw on as much armor and engine as I could.

Everything fall down, go boom.

Let the sister die, even being as young as I was playing it, the math just didn't add up. Save sister, or get better tech which will help me save the world.

#5 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostSizzles, on 30 October 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

Mauler: x2 AC/20 (dont remember the ammount of ammo) no heat sinks, x4 ML, no silly missiles, and then threw on as much armor and engine as I could.

Everything fall down, go boom.

Let the sister die, even being as young as I was playing it, the math just didn't add up. Save sister, or get better tech which will help me save the world.

Well, she dies anyways in the Add-on Mechwarrior 4: Black Knight

#6 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:02 AM

Saved her every time... because Dire Wolves suck. :) Always finished in a Mad Cat

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

I know it has been a decade (or more) since I last played it but I could have sworn the MW4 Black Knight story mentioned Ian ascending the throne after the sister died under mysterious circumstances.

I was also somewhat disappointed that the character I had played turned evil,

I did try not saving the sister second time through, but ended up feeling so guilty I just loaded up an earlier save game and did the rescue mission before the final mission.

#8 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

Sister, first time. The armory stuff wasn't worth the beating even if you didn't give a rip about the storyline. Which didn't matter anyways, given ian's face/hell turn in black knight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users