No replies to this topic

#1 Alex Warden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSearching...

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

First of all, the idea behind the Quirks is great, and i think it´s a better approach (because easier to change) towards role specification than sized hardpoints would be...

but obviously there are some things about the distribution of quirks that are very odd... i will name a few that bother me personally... take it as it is, personal thoughts that might or might not make sense to you...

first, the K2, i think i dont need to say much to that one, there are alot discussions going on already... my personal gripe with it is that i hoped you would raise the incentive to use it as it was build, since the upgraded stock build (erppc, dhs, bigger engine) once was very very good, and the reason why barely anyone uses this mech anymore is that there are other mechs that do the ballistics part way better...

2nd, the Stalker 3F and 5M... i really don´t get it... the 3F gets LRM Quirks, the 5M SRM... but the 3F is way way better suited for close combat, because it´s unargueably more mobile (twist rate and all) than the 5M... i think LRM quirks are wasted on the 3F....

the Raven: those 2 that need HUGE ammounts of love, the 2X and 4X, get really underwhelming quirks, while the hero-variant (same for some other chassis btw) seems to get the perfectly fitting ones...

see above, the Oxide...it´s already an assault- (and some heavies) killer... i bet many good oxide pilots are rofl´ing already since they read about the enormous boots they´ll receive soon... as i said, there are quite a few heroes that smell alot like p2w with the quirks they´ll get, while some others are so misquirked that i don´t know if to laugh or commit suicide because i lose confidence in your objectivity...

Trebutchet: why is it that BOTH JJ variants get LRM 15 quirks? i thought you wanted to encougrage more diversity amongst the variants? why not give one LRM and one SRM??? seriously that would bring some diversity....

i certainly could keep this post going for a while, but i just emptied a bottle of irish whisky, and i think those mechs i just wrote about are enough to make my statement... i think the idea of role specific quirks is good, but your sense of roles might be a little off here and there...

pls overthink it...

Edited by Alex Warden Wolf, 31 October 2014 - 12:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users