Better Firing Options.

5 replies to this topic

#1 SuperPignouf

• PipPipPip
  • Fanjunkare
  • Fanjunkare
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

I'd like to have a toggle switch for weapons activation (for TAG, flamer, MG's mainly)

I'd also like to have a chain firing mode that actually fires at grouped weapons cooldown divided by amount of grouped weapons.

Edited by SuperPignouf, 31 October 2014 - 03:14 AM.

#2 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:44 AM

I'm thinking you don't understand weapon groups. Or you need more buttons on your mouse.

#3 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:07 AM

A toggle for TAG, yes. The rest, no... if you're spraying MGs and flamers for a long enough period of time to see a benefit in having a toggle, I wouldn't want to be on your team tanking your friendly fire. =P

#4 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

About the chain fire thing...try splitting up, say, 6 medium lasers into 2 groups of 3, then set both groups to chain fire & simply press both fire buttons at the same time.

#5 SuperPignouf

• PipPipPip
  • Fanjunkare
  • Fanjunkare
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:47 AM

Well thanks for your remarks... ;)

The general idea was to embed the functionalities of an ADHD fire control (http://evilc.com/joo...hd-fire-control) directly into the game.

To give a good example where this would be especially usefull, see
This is a video from sniperczar where he runs a DWF with several LBX2.
The guy is forced to use a macro editor to be able to chain fire them at maximum rate of fire. (One shot every T/N where T is weapon cooldown and N is amount of weapons). Being able to do this directly into the game would be really nice.

For the toggle thing, I once ran a Timby with 4 SRM6, 4 medlas and 3 machine guns. Caught in a long brawl I felt extremely uncomfortable having to keep a finger on the MG's buttons while firing the two other weapon types as much as possible.

#6 SuperPignouf

• PipPipPip
  • Fanjunkare
  • Fanjunkare
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:28 AM

Well if I want to use for instance those 4 LBX2 in chain fire at full rate of fire I'll have to split them into two usual groups and hold the two triggers in the same time. Ofc with good weapon grouping and a shiet-ton of buttons you could do anything.
Or you could go for a macro editor like the guy in the video did and use one button and be happy.

Having those functionalities directly embedded in the game would be nice. Especially for people like me who don't like to have more than 3 weapon buttons. I played WoW and in the late stages having to rollface through all those skills was a pest to me ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users