3 replies to this topic

#1 Galland

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

I'm not sure if anyone notices, and it certainly doesn't affect gameplay, but when you throttle up your 'Mech to full speed, the pilot's arm in the cockpit actually pulls back on the HOTAS instead of pushing it forward. I believe that on fighter planes, pushing the HOTAS forward means to increase thrust, so shouldn't it work the same for 'Mechs?

#2 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

It doesn't bother me, but I have noticed. I'm almost certain it can work both ways based on how something is engineered.

To me, it's makes about as much difference as a steering wheel that is positioned on the left side of a car as opposed to a steering wheel postioned on the right side of a car.

Edited by Livaria, 17 November 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#3 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostLivaria, on 17 November 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

It doesn't bother me, but I have noticed. I'm almost certain it can work both ways based on how something is engineered.

To me, it's makes about as much difference as a steering wheel that is positioned on the left side of a car as opposed to a steering wheel postioned on the right side of a car.

Same here. Not that noticeable, but it's still there. But the "bobbing" animation; that's what that's called, is fine. It's only that some mechs have a "bobbing" glitch like the Wolverine when backing up. There is no animation in that case. That's what they should immediately fix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users