1 reply to this topic

#1 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Hi

I was thinking about the behavior of C-LRM´s and that they shoud have some downside
beside the advantage of dealing damage shortly after they get on their way out of the tube.

My idea is that it woud make sense if you had to fuse the lrms via a detonator on the missles that can be enabled and disabled with a key.
Enabled:The rocket deals damage at close range but you get less protection in tube
section,like with the missle bay doors opened,nothing leathel.You just take little more damage in that section.
Disabled:The rockets deal damage at 160m with full damage and you get the normal ammount of damage dealt to your mechs missle bay sections.

That woud let the players think twice if they shoud spam your view constantly with C-LRM´s regardless if you running away or charge them all guns blaizing.
I mean theres a reason why long range missles only getting sharp after 180m,the clanners
just can take the risk to die with one last red side torso a bit quicker then with C-LRM´s wich
detonator goes sharp automaticly in a safe distance of 160m.

Probably the programming code of the C-LRM´s wont make this possible at all
and it woud be another extra key in controls you had assign or remember but
it woud make this clan weapon system to something more then a spam-em-mam oppurtunity
without being the same or worse then the IS LRM´s

What do you think about this idea MWO´ers?

AH!And check out my youtube playlist of collected Music for Mech Warfare 3049 :)

https://www.youtube....sooAULbi7t1D5mk

Edited by shr84, 31 October 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#2 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users