75 replies to this topic

#61 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts
  • Locationbehind 73h_m0nz73r

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

okay. back to my ORIGINAL POST, stop taking this GAME so seriously.. its just a game right? they have to make money too. and where did i state complete fact about you not being able to play your blinged out commando? as the person already posted, the devs have said, and maybe at this point u are mad, sorry bro, but the devs have put it into affect like this.

as for wasting your time reading my comments, i wont insult you, im sorry if i wasted your time, i dont know how to explain it to you properly. i dont want to be in a unit, but i also dont feel like trolling or being trolled or being around a bunch of other people that decide to take a game seriously. that only leads to really really unhealthy points of view and mindsets..

#62 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostArtyomBrusilov, on 01 November 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

So what you really want me to do is take the game seriously, but from a lore standpoint not a competitive standpoint.

I'm not gonna lie, whenever I see someone in a Clanmech and they don't have a clan badge next to their name, there is a big of cognitive dissonance but that's what CW is (hopefully) going to be for.

Not sure which planets you are fighting over or defending but I only run Mad Cat's and other Mechs I took from my defeated enemies. No longer are they Clan mechs. Not my fault I have been able to convert so many Timbers, Direwolves etc into Mad Cat / Daishi, Masakari, Ryoken's. :)

#63 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

Kuh-licked on the the link from the main index, and suddenly verrrry glad I'm a Merc. :)

Love you guys! Have fun and all!

#64 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 07 December 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Not sure which planets you are fighting over or defending but I only run Mad Cat's and other Mechs I took from my defeated enemies. No longer are they Clan mechs. Not my fault I have been able to convert so many Timbers, Direwolves etc into Mad Cat / Daishi, Masakari, Ryoken's. :)

Not that this is a dig BUT from a lore point of view that would be ultra impractical. Its the game year 3049 and in lore reality the clans rarely if ever lost initial battles that year so gaining the battlefield after a fight in order to salvage anything would be rare. getting enough usable parts off enough of the same variant of the same type of machine to build a complete one would be even more difficult, finding techs to understand the programming and assembly and function of the parts to get it all to work in weeks as its only been a few months since Clan tech showed up, would be an order of magnitude more difficult and unlikely THEN... finding enough parts to keep it running day in and day out... AND compatible ammunition, coolants and lubricants. You'd be dreaming.

Not to mention the haulers, transports, buildings to house it all, travel time to and from the planet the fight happened on, vast numbers of engineers, techs and geeks to do anything with it all AND rebuild the workspops to handle the new stuff... Not happening in weeks or months... maybe a year or two.

You'd need a few Twolves just to pull apart to see how they ticked. They would be mostly useless afterwards I'd guess.

You'd be able to use a few as rides but they'd be glitchy and low on ammo and you'd have to consider them disposable because, for now, you ain't going to be repairing much. Just a few patches.

Not taking this too seriously, I just work in a field that allows me to cost things like this up. It can get frightening, but a girls got to earn a coin.

Food for thought.

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 07 December 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#65 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

-_- this topic's done, Clan Loyalist...

#66 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

Say what now?

#67 Captain Chloroform

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

You're ranting about how everybody needs to stop taking this game so serious and complain about how other people play? I have both IS and Clan mechs and i belong to an IS faction....are you wanting to TK me then??? DON'T TAKE THIS GAME SO SERIOUS....oh wait, that's the title of your post. Take your own advice there child and calm down.

#68 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Posted Image

#69 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostSakai Yuuji, on 01 November 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Lol a troll at best, a huge hypocrite at worst...

Though I will say, in all of the games I have played, never have I ever met such an intense and flame-prone player base (at least in matches. I have gone game after game where someone starts talking **** before the match even freaking starts). Especially considering that at this point in the games development, an individual match means absolutely nothing to anyone at all lol.

Obviously you haven't played World of Tanks. At least not competitively.

#70 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

This topic was dead, who's the necromancer who raised it?

#71 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

now that cw is in effect, please, take this game COMPLETELY SERIOUS.... sooooo serious that there will be competitions in it. also, looking for a lax unit, one that doesnt care much about what others have to say, although on coms, im usually quite, i do a lot of other stuff.

47 mechs, mostly mid through heavy. i dont like light mechs, although i do own a couple and i did purchase the phoenix overlord and the new resistance package with the zeus. i have 4 atlai and a king crab..

no, not all of my mechs are kurita, but they are all IS mechs. as kiera raven stated on how its basically improbable that any house had clan mechs at our current juncture, that's what happened.. also, i just felt like giving my peice of mind to the people that took this way too seriously (not the whole competitive part so much, but yes, because it wasn't quite possible yet to do that, although they are getting there now, thank god!) and didn't care that you gave a piece back, it was quite entertaining reading all the comments, thank you guys! it made my day everytime i read this post and saw someone saying something or posting meme's..

looking for cw unit that's fun, and can handle a little bit of poking fun now and then, not all serious stuff (i am not in the military anymore and don't wish to be treated like that or at work or any of that crap) but yeah, some form of training and what not does need to be in place, that i do understand, but everyone kinda missed the point.. so okay.

#72 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

no one missed the point man, you flat out told me I should NOT be allowed to play mechs I OWN as gifts from PGI or bought with actual US DOLLARS. I and others all knew before this thread that in cw we would have to run faction specific mechs, we don't agree with statements like, "I want to tk people every time I see them running in the wrong mechs"

to quote you dude....

Stop taking this GAME so seriously

View PostFr0z7y, on 13 December 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

now that cw is in effect, please, take this game COMPLETELY SERIOUS.... sooooo serious that there will be competitions in it. also, looking for a lax unit, one that doesnt care much about what others have to say, although on coms, im usually quite, i do a lot of other stuff.

47 mechs, mostly mid through heavy. i dont like light mechs, although i do own a couple and i did purchase the phoenix overlord and the new resistance package with the zeus. i have 4 atlai and a king crab..

no, not all of my mechs are kurita, but they are all IS mechs. as kiera raven stated on how its basically improbable that any house had clan mechs at our current juncture, that's what happened.. also, i just felt like giving my peice of mind to the people that took this way too seriously (not the whole competitive part so much, but yes, because it wasn't quite possible yet to do that, although they are getting there now, thank god!) and didn't care that you gave a piece back, it was quite entertaining reading all the comments, thank you guys! it made my day everytime i read this post and saw someone saying something or posting meme's..

looking for cw unit that's fun, and can handle a little bit of poking fun now and then, not all serious stuff (i am not in the military anymore and don't wish to be treated like that or at work or any of that crap) but yeah, some form of training and what not does need to be in place, that i do understand, but everyone kinda missed the point.. so okay.

in your last post, you tell us to take it seriously now, yet want a lax, fun unit with jokey tendencies? what is it you really want Frosty?

I can assure you, you are more infamous than you know, and the people I know would never allow you into their unit, because they read this thread too.

Edited by Uminix, 14 December 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#73 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

lolz, infamous? i didn't think you guys even cared.. that.. that makes me feel sooo special yay! people know and care!

serious is different from competitive. i used to run lan parties and be competitive in games, do all sorts of other things that didn't have people talking like this to each other.

want is different.. it makes me sad inside. sorry.

i guess i have to say sorry for pissing everyone off, unintentionally i might add. i was expressing myself. you didn't have to read it, the title did speak for itself. and yes, i read everything u said because you, i guess would say, wasted your time reading it...

so again, sorry mwo community for wasting ur time on my thoughts. i read your piece of mind too.

#74 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

The threat is over to rp'rs. We have won and defeated the anti-lorists. It's Suntory time!
Posted Image

#75 The Mourning Star

• Pip
  • Chu-sa
  • 13 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

I understand that it is just a game, but I also like to win. If people just play for laughs and pure entertainment value then stick to the reg match making. But community warfare should be used by those who enjoy the challenge of working closely as a team. But then again, this is a world of humans we are talking about so common sense is not very common.

#76 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:59 AM

View PostFr0z7y, on 31 October 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

u want to be all formal about stuff, stop piloting stuff on your kurita account thats not kurita.

Already beat you to it. I also seem to know more about which mechs are Kuritan than PGI does, considering their faction event lineups.

As for the clan mechs I have, in the rare occasion I use them, I stick primarily to using mechs that the DC would have salvaged from fighting the Smoke Jaguars.

Edited by ice trey, 23 December 2014 - 07:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users