Upgrades Sellable

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wulfgang VonStryker

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

I wanted to say that I attempted to put endosteel and ferrofibrous on my new Atlas S just to find out that they will not fit, and I lost the c-bills that they would have cost and cannot find any way to sell back the worthless items. This is an expensive loss, regardless to whether or not it cost me real money, it cost me in time. It takes me quite a while to gather those c-bills. Nearly two and a half million to be exact, just to find out that the ferrofibrous armor takes so much space I cant have a bloody engine in the crazy thing. If you are going to design and hand out a mech that cannot be upgraded, PLEASE tell us so before we lose our shirts trying! Is it all that hard to make the upgrade items available to sell back when they can't be used?

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

If you exit the Mech Lab without hitting the Save button, your config goes back to the way it was and you don't spend any money.

It will come up with a popup that says something like "Your loadout has changed. If you exit without saving, your changes will be lost. Do you want to continue?" Just click Yes.

Boom. No C-Bills spent.

#3 Wulfgang VonStryker

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

So, what you are saying is, too bad. Hell of an attitude.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

The upgrade items can be used, but not together on an assault 'Mech that wants to carry decent weaponry. PGI has no idea what dumb and crazy stuff us pilots do to our 'Mechs, so they can't have any kind of universal warning like that.

And there is an way to experiment without spending any money (the way I described -- don't save the changes).

No further action is needed on their part.

You've been a member of the forums since August 2012. If you've surfed these forums at all, certainly you've heard of Smurfy's Mech Lab. Use it. Also, check out Mech Specs for their various MW:O-related topics and builds.

The next time you have a problem or question in the Mech Lab, tab out and ask on the forums BEFORE you do anything else. Answers are usually posted pretty quickly.

You can TRY to get your C-Bills back by E-mailing support@mwomercs.com and pleading your case. They might give it back. But learn the lesson well, as they will only do it once, if at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users