Upgrading Regular Mechs To Hero Status.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vokshev Bruvonski

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:22 PM

With ungodly amounts of Mech exp or GXP.

At least I can have a mech now with a camo pattern that does not suck, the clan invasion mechs have the most boring stripes ever. + it be cool to see all the extra mech xp put into use to reward the player playing that variant for a long time.

#2 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, I could see a payment of, say, 86,000 XP (4 times the Master efficiency) and 25,000 GXP after you've mastered a variant allowing you to add the c-bill bonus to a single 'Mech (not all instances of that variant), under the logic that by the time you've used it that much, it's effectively a widely known Hero 'Mech.

#3 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

I'd like to be able to upgrade regular mechs to Mech pack uniques. Especially since I came in late and missed phoenix. Would pay MC.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:15 PM

Would support this, but only with strict requirements:

1. 5,000 matches in that variant. Not chassis, that one particular variant.
2. 25,000 MC.
3. 1,000,000 XP. GXP would not count towards this.
4. ???
5. Profit.
6. Hero 'Mech status for that one variant.

That might just be enough experience in a 'Mech for it to become widely known. And Hero status should only be for those who REALLY want it -- hence the high MC cost, XP, and match count requirements.

The reason I state such high requirements, is that I've already been half-way to Hero status with my JR7-D even with those requirements. It shouldn't be that easy.

And Sparks ... those totals are way too easy to get. My JR7-D would have been Heroed at least twice over by now.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 01 November 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#5 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

Maybe include the mastering of a mech from each weight class, light, medium, heavy, assault. I thought of this while piloting my light mech and a friendly assault, who obviously has never piloted a light, made no effort to make room in a tight lane.

But ya a higher tier of skill for even a small bonus is a great idea.

#6 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

I think having a one shot unlockable "Hero Skin" for a chassis is a good idea. Especially for people that have put in the hard yards in their favourite chassis. But it should cost, say, 500,000 Mech XP. Not Global XP. Mech Xp. It's something for the truly dedicated. Not sure if it should add the C-Bill bonus. Fair enough, I suppose. But, IT WOULD NOT CHANGE THE HARD POINTS. Or Quirks for that matter. It would just be a reskin of the Chosen Variant. Just the one Variant as well. Maybe make it the next Tier above Master. Call it Ace Tier.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, the hardpoints should stay the same.

As far as the pattern goes ... that would be just like Heroes are now. OP just wants a normal 'Mech variant with the 30% C-Bill bonus. That way they can use any pattern they want on their personal pseudo-Hero 'Mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users