Cb Income Is Ok, But Xp Is Terrible

22 replies to this topic

#1 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

You know. After reward system was overhauled, my CB income is ok. 100k+ even for very bad matches - is really good thing. But XP income is just terrible now. I understand, that changes to reward system were made to do something with role welfare. Yeah, now there is a time to get rid of Spiders, who openly attack your Dire Wolf, cuz they 100% sure, that you will miss them 3 times in a row with your 2xERPPC from 10m distance (true story, happened to me yesterday), and give them CB and XP for doing work, they are intended to do - scouting and targeting. But something is really wrong with rewards now. Just tell me... Is this ok to get 600XP for almost perfect match, where you have won, survived, dealt top team damage - almost 900dmg, done something like 3 kills + 8 assists, destroyed 6 components? Really? Don't you think, that PGI overnerfed standard "damage dealer" rewards? You know, it really looks very funny, when you see, that everybody and their grannies now have TAGs equipped, only to abuse reward system and boost their rewards.

I mean. Good matches are so rare today. Only 1 match of 100 is good, balanced, close and not a stupid stomp now. You wait for this match for ages. And when it finally happens, you see... 1200XP reward with 2x first match bonus, i.e. actually just 600XP reward... And it really feels like mockery.

Edited by MrMadguy, 01 November 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#2 gregsolidus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:23 AM

Eventually, your going to have to pay for this game whether you like it or not. Free to play does not equal free to enjoy. While C Bills earnings were pretty poor given the only major avenues for profit were damage and kills (and we still don't have bonus that encourage the use of lighter classes) they aren't going to consistently tweak things till their comfortable given there are so few avenues to slow player progress. Buy a champion and combine it's 30% boost with the 50% you get from premium time.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:38 AM

It is the opposite for me. Even in loss I am getting over 1000XP, but in victory, I am only getting about 175K C-Bills where I used to get 200K or more.

C-Bill reward nerfed, while XP is buffed. And come November 4th, the C-Bill rewards are gonna be even less cause TAG reward will then only work with LRMs.

Edited by El Bandito, 01 November 2014 - 02:39 AM.

#4 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:44 AM

View Postgregsolidus, on 01 November 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

Free to play does not equal free to enjoy.

Even the most cynical, jaded side of me doesn't believe any developer to this day, no matter how big their ego, has made a game based around this super flawed principle.

Then again, that's kinda what happened to hawken. So where's hawken today?

Posted Image

#5 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:50 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 November 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

Even the most cynical, jaded side of me doesn't believe any developer to this day, no matter how big their ego, has made a game based around this super flawed principle.

It's a personal adage, not really a direct interpretation of developer mentality.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 01 November 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

You know. After reward system was overhauled, my CB income is ok. 100k+ even for very bad matches - is really good thing. But XP income is just terrible now. I understand, that changes to reward system were made to do something with role welfare. Yeah, now there is a time to get rid of Spiders, who openly attack your Dire Wolf, cuz they 100% sure, that you will miss them 3 times in a row with your 2xERPPC from 10m distance (true story, happened to me yesterday), and give them CB and XP for doing work, they are intended to do - scouting and targeting. But something is really wrong with rewards now. Just tell me... Is this ok to get 600XP for almost perfect match, where you have won, survived, dealt top team damage - almost 900dmg, done something like 3 kills + 8 assists, destroyed 6 components? Really? Don't you think, that PGI overnerfed standard "damage dealer" rewards? You know, it really looks very funny, when you see, that everybody and their grannies now have TAGs equipped, only to abuse reward system and boost their rewards.

I mean. Good matches are so rare today. Only 1 match of 100 is good, balanced, close and not a stupid stomp now. You wait for this match for ages. And when it finally happens, you see... 1200XP reward with 2x first match bonus, i.e. actually just 600XP reward... And it really feels like mockery.

Ok my average XP per match for all mechs 570. My XP per match with my Atlas-S is 620 with no XP bonus, So I average 50 more points per match. Thats a pretty good improvement.

#7 MrMadguy

• 2,198 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:03 AM

View Postgregsolidus, on 01 November 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

Eventually, your going to have to pay for this game whether you like it or not. Free to play does not equal free to enjoy. While C Bills earnings were pretty poor given the only major avenues for profit were damage and kills (and we still don't have bonus that encourage the use of lighter classes) they aren't going to consistently tweak things till their comfortable given there are so few avenues to slow player progress. Buy a champion and combine it's 30% boost with the 50% you get from premium time.

Lol. Funny thing, is that I'm playing on AS7-S now, so this includes 30% bonus. I just get used to get 3k+ XP for good matches and 600XP for almost perfect match - is just unacceptable. Bad thing about F2P games - is that it's usually not P2W, cuz you have to keep your free players satisfied, otherwise you'll find yourself with 100 players remaining in your game and no "meat" to be smashed by your "VIP" players. I mean, if investing money could bring me some fun, then I'd surely invest some. But currently investing money will just make you even more angry, cuz you have no right to blame the game, you're playing for free, but paying money and getting absolutely the same crappy game - is certainly the great reason to be sad.

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 01 November 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

Lol. Funny thing, is that I'm playing on AS7-S now, so this includes 30% bonus. I just get used to get 3k+ XP for good matches and 600XP for almost perfect match - is just unacceptable. Bad thing about F2P games - is that it's usually not P2W, cuz you have to keep your free players satisfied, otherwise you'll find yourself with 100 players remaining in your game and no "meat" to be smashed by your "VIP" players. I mean, if investing money could bring me some fun, then I'd surely invest some. But currently investing money will just make you even more angry, cuz you have no right to blame the game, you're playing for free, but paying money and getting absolutely the same crappy game - is certainly the great reason to be sad.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but champions don't get an XP bonus... :huh:

#9 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

This game feels more like an arcade game than a mech simulator. I dont feel like I'm in a war machine, I can see a light mech and even a medium getting destroyed but heavies and assaults are total jokes in this game due to the way the armor just melts off with the whole meta thing. Too me meta took away the fun in the game, I haven't even played it since they nerfed the clans er large laser

Without a decent story this game just wont be able to draw more players in, this is like destiny just a cash grab, and a constant pointless grind. I'm glad I stopped spending money on the first clan wave, and I'm also glad that I'm not gonna buy the destiny dlc. I'm tired of devs making games that are meant to draw more money out for content that isn't even important. Sure you can grind it out but you have to spend more time than its worth, this xp system is just another joke in this game.

Meh I miss the mechwarrior days when it was about it's story, I felt like I was in a powerful machine in the older games, this game does not bring that feeling too me. It's also how I felt about the older star trek games like bridge commander and klingon academy, and the x wing series they had such a great balance of power your ship didn't just blow up with a few shots you had to use strategy.

My solution is to lower how much ammo you get for the really powerful one hit and you lose more than half your armor kind of weapons. I want my victor to feel earned.

Edited by Darth Bane001, 01 November 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#10 MrMadguy

• 2,198 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 01 November 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but champions don't get an XP bonus... :huh:

Yeah. I just wanted to say, that there is no need to give me advices to invest some money into this game to get fun, cuz I've already done it (bought A La Carte Clan mechs for example) and now I'm wondering - where is this fun, I paid for??? You should know, that my avg CB income was about 100k per match and XP income was about 2k per match. Now my avg CB income is about 150k, even with this recent tendency for matches to be stupid stompfests, but my XP income is 3-4x times lower now - about 500XP, and this is just unacceptable. Leveling mechs was bad enough due to PGI boosting your ELO, while you're leveling your mech to force you to buy premium time (yeah, conspiracy theory, lol), before reward system was overhauled, but now it's just seems, they are joking: 600XP for perfect match - is simply ridiculous.

Edited by MrMadguy, 01 November 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#11 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:25 AM

before XP rewards were very random because they hinged almost entirely on savior kills. since just 3 saviors could get you 450 XP, that could easily double a matches score. and since they were so easy to get it meant that lots of people had an inflated XP gain. now average XP gain is lower, but it should be more consistent with actual performance, and not just a savior kill lottery

but yes it was great to get an 8000xp game with good performance, lots of saviors and a perfect UAV deployment plus the daily double.

Champion mechs get the XP bonus, and they just had their XP bouns boosted to 30%. the reward mechs are listed as champs, but they get the hero CB boost

Edited by That Guy, 01 November 2014 - 03:31 AM.

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 01 November 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

Yeah. I just wanted to say, that there is no need to give me advices to invest some money into this game to get fun, cuz I've already done it (bought A La Carte Clan mechs for example) and now I'm wondering - where is this fun, I paid for??? You should know, that my avg CB income was about 100k per match and XP income was about 2k per match. Now my avg CB income is about 150k, even with this recent tendency for matches to be stupid stompfests, but my XP income is 3-4x times lower now - about 500XP, and this is just unacceptable. Leveling mechs was bad enough due to PGI boosting your ELO, while you're leveling your mech to force you to buy premium time (yeah, conspiracy theory, lol), before reward system was overhauled, but now it's just seems, they are joking: 600XP for perfect match - is simply ridiculous.

Your XP to C-Bill averages don't seem to match up Madguy. My Average XP (over all) is 570 per match and Cbills is 85,470.
I know I make quite a bit more C-Bills than XP per match even in my Atlas-S its about 100,000 C-bills and 620XP. I never seen someone make more XP than Cash per match. Got any pics to prove my averages wrong? I am interested in seeing this phenomenon. :huh:

#13 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:11 AM

XP rewards are very low, but GXP rewards are hilariously pisspoor. I think this is a bigger problem than CB earnings.

#14 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:36 AM

My stats page says I'm averaging 1001xp per match, and that number has gone up significantly since the new reward system was put in. It's not terribly uncommon for me to get 2000xp games without the daily bonus or premium time.

The thing is, you need to finish kills if you want XP in the new system. XP used to be essentially random, given that savior kills amounted for almost all of what you would earn in a match; as long as you survived for long enough to get to the end of the game, you'd probably clean up with savior kills at 150xp each, and you could get 2-3 of those per kill. Now, you've got a lot more control, but it's tougher to get. Assists aren't worth all that much, kills aren't worth much, and all the little flanking/lance/protection bonuses don't really add up to much either. The best way to get XP is to bull into someone and pummel them until they die, and make absolutely sure you're the one to finish them off.

If you deal someone 250 damage and then a teammate plinks them with an MG to finish them, you might get 100xp. Not even worth the time. If you get the kill before they can swoop in, you're getting a 100 xp kill, plus a finishing blow bonus, plus a solo kill bonus, plus component destruction, plus a brawling bonus, as well as a few other things that can add on to that. A single solo brawling kill is worth 500-700xp, depending on the amount of damage you did out of the total, and what other bonuses come with. If you can deal the majority of the damage to and finish off one person per match, you'll have plenty of XP.

Playing a light with TAG/NARC is apparently a pretty good way to rake in XP as well, but I can't say as much about that, even my lights tend to be scrappers and brawlers. Feel free to correct me if I am in error, to anyone who plays a more scout-oriented light game.

#15 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:39 AM

I'm sorry but Income is NOT okay. Far from it. Now they're going to take tag damage and tag kills away and have them respond only to LRMs. That is going to lower the income even more since Tag is highly abused right now for those rewards.

The XP was hit really hard and is much lower than previously.

They need to rethink how many cbills you do get for lance formation and proximity protection

#16 Darzok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:55 AM

I think the XP is fine i avg around 740 many games i am over 1k but then other times i get bad games and i do more or less nothing and earn all most nothing its just the luck of the draw.

I all so happen to think the Cbills is fine but that is for another topic.

The grind is not that bad in MWO the only semi grind we have is GXP and apart form that there is no real grind when you stop looking at xp and cbills and play for fun all of a sudden you got what you need.

#17 PitchBlackYeti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 November 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

Then again, that's kinda what happened to hawken. So where's hawken today?

[hawken data]

Sorry for OT but I'm interested in video game history and how certain developer decisions reflect on their games popularity. Was there anything in particular that caused such sharp drop in the playerbase of Hawken (never played it)? Bad f2p model? Boredom/lack of new content?

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

Pitch, I would think it is a lack of Sexy rides.

#19 PitchBlackYeti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 November 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

Pitch, I would think it is a lack of Sexy rides.

It's still leagues better than the "TV-mech" :D
http://oyster.ignimg...8px-Recruit.jpg

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostPitchBlackYeti, on 03 November 2014 - 05:21 AM, said:

It's still leagues better than the "TV-mech" :D
http://oyster.ignimg...8px-Recruit.jpg

I know... I just couldn't stand to stay connected to that picture man! *Shudder*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users