Answered

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

I'm not sure why you feel the need to constantly auto-log people off the website, but I wish you would stop. This isn't my bank account, I don't care if someone who has access to my computer can post under my account. Let me stay logged in permanently.

The name and password autofills anyway as soon as I hit "J".

#2 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

I understand your frustration. This feature has been there as long as I can remember. I've seen PGI people respond earlier that this shouldn't happen but nevertheless it does. I haven't really found any correlation with anything I do, my Internet connection has not been disconnecting or anything, it seems quite random when it happens. But it happens often.

#3 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

Greetings all,

If any of the Dev.'s, Admin, moderators changes anything on the site, it may 'log' you out, till the new page or items are cycled.

- Very annoying, especially after completing some reply's and ready to post them.
- Always need to check if I was logged out before pressing that button.
- And one of the reasons for my settings for 'new page' being set to a 'new tab'.

9erRed

#4 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:31 AM

Its not the 24 hour timer that irritates me. Its the random stuff. I will log in, read a post, type a response and discover I had been auto logged out.

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

^ I feel the opposite. The random reboots are fine, that's necessary and I understand that. But maybe a 48-hour timer instead of 24?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users