Need A Signature!

45 replies to this topic

#1 WDBDBloodyTriggerZ

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:22 PM

This topic probably is not going to be very popular at all but please SOMEONE MAKE ME A NICE SIGNATURE! =D

If you can add something i am the founder of House Steiner's Brawling Brothers.

Edited by WDBDBloodyTriggerZ, 01 November 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:48 PM

Gatta get a better idea of what you want to see. Is there a particular theme or information you'd like to have? What does a signature mean to you?

Here's the signatures that I've done so far. Maybe you might see something that you like or inspire you. Can be static or animated if you want.

For a contest, so this was just kinda my own thing.
Posted Image

This one wanted something other than just his name and rank. Also wanted the division he scored in.
Posted Image

This one wanted something to show that he's a jack of all trades type/capable of anything. Also let me know some of the colours he'd prefer to see. Which was red, blue, green, and grey.
Posted Image

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 01 November 2014 - 07:03 PM.

#3 WDBDBloodyTriggerZ

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

Make it sophisticated maybe a little goofy. I'd like the colors blue, white, and gold. Or maybe red and black.( Steiner Colors)

With the name WDBDBloodyTriggerZ and maybe founder of House Steiner's Brawling Brothers

Perhaps an atlas killing a dire wolf.

Edited by WDBDBloodyTriggerZ, 01 November 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#4 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostWDBDBloodyTriggerZ, on 01 November 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

Make it sophisticated maybe a little goofy. I'd like the colors blue, white, and gold. Or maybe red and black.( Steiner Colors)

With the name WDBDBloodyTriggerZ and maybe founder of House Steiner's Brawling Brothers

I'm not involved in making this signature, but do you man a founder's atlas like in my sig?

#5 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

View PostWDBDBloodyTriggerZ, on 01 November 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

Animated or static?

#6 WDBDBloodyTriggerZ

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 01 November 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

Animated or static?

Actually i would love to see an animated one of the atlas killing a dire wolf. With steiner cammo.

Sorry about the late responses i have been helping my friend with an argument on his topic.

Edited by WDBDBloodyTriggerZ, 01 November 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#7 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostWDBDBloodyTriggerZ, on 01 November 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Actually i would love to see an animated one of the atlas killing a dire wolf. With steiner cammo.

Sorry about the late responses i have been helping my friend with an argument on his topic.

If you can supply me with a video I can incorporate that. Or I'll have to fab something out of the concept arts and create some assets for explosions, bullets, missiles, lasers, and then key frame the animation.

This is just what I have right now if you don't like the look, font, colour, alignment, or anything else, then now is the time to iron it out because it'll guide me to understand what you'd like.

So far, since you want it animated. Your name and credentials would appear after the atlas kills the Direwolf.
How I image the animation playing out with the Direwolf and Atlas:
  • Direwolf walks in from a side (right or left?), fires all his weapons.
  • The Atlas comes in from the other side, unloads at the Direwolf.
  • Direwolf dies, falls down (out of screen) and the Atlas walks across and out.
  • Once he clears the side, it cues your name to fade in, and the credentials fade in as soon as your name reaches 100% opacity. Then it'll hold there for 2 or 3 seconds (or how ever long you want), and then it fades out and the animation loops to the Direwolf and Atlas.
Posted Image

P.S. I had a gold textured border, but it looked thick and gaudy. If you want to see it let me know. You can see hints of it on the outside between the edge and yellow line to add some interest to the border. In this version it's toned down a lot.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 01 November 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#8 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:13 PM

oh wow, can i get a siggie too? :D

#9 WDBDBloodyTriggerZ

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:19 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 01 November 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

If you can supply me with a video I can incorporate that. Or I'll have to fab something out of the concept arts and create some assets for explosions, bullets, missiles, lasers, and then key frame the animation.

This is just what I have right now if you don't like the look, font, colour, alignment, or anything else, then now is the time to iron it out because it'll guide me to understand what you'd like.

So far, since you want it animated. Your name and credentials would appear after the atlas kills the Direwolf.
How I image the animation playing out with the Direwolf and Atlas:
  • Direwolf walks in from a side (right or left?), fires all his weapons.
  • The Atlas comes in from the other side, unloads at the Direwolf.
  • Direwolf dies, falls down (out of screen) and the Atlas walks across and out.
  • Once he clears the side, it cues your name to fade in, and the credentials fade in as soon as your name reaches 100% opacity. Then it'll hold there for 2 or 3 seconds (or how ever long you want), and then it fades out and the animation loops to the Direwolf and Atlas.
Posted Image

P.S. I had a gold textured border, but it looked thick and gaudy. If you want to see it let me know. You can see hints of it on the outside between the edge and yellow line to add some interest to the border. In this version it's toned down a lot.

I love your ideas on the animation and my the dire wolf walk in from the right. Sorry i dont have any videos and the sig that you made looks kind of plain.

Edited by WDBDBloodyTriggerZ, 01 November 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#10 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostWDBDBloodyTriggerZ, on 01 November 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

I love your ideas on the animation and my the dire wolf walk in from the right. Sorry I don't have any videos and the sig that you made looks kind of plain.

Good to know about the animation.

It's plain now because it's a starting point/proof of concept, not to mention it's everything that you've asked for so far. And the red and black will be the colours on the Atlas during the animation. Do you like how it looks now, but you want more stuff happening on it, or am I starting over?

#11 WDBDBloodyTriggerZ

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 01 November 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Good to know about the animation.

It's plain now because it's a starting point/proof of concept, not to mention it's everything that you've asked for so far. And the red and black will be the colours on the Atlas during the animation. Do you like how it looks now, but you want more stuff happening on it, or am I starting over?

Think it would look nicer with out the golden outline and a thicker font. Also i think i would look nicer with a background like this one Posted Image

or

Posted Image

Edited by WDBDBloodyTriggerZ, 01 November 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#12 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

Reminds me a bit in reverse of one I made

Posted Image

#13 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostWDBDBloodyTriggerZ, on 01 November 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

I love your ideas on the animation and my the dire wolf walk in from the right. Sorry i dont have any videos and the sig that you made looks kind of plain.

its not difficult to shoot a video ingame really
I did that with her in her golden Dire, a friend with an atlas and premium time, and me having premium active and having my trusty Nvidia record the whole thing

or maybe you would already be happy with a bit more easy to record
Posted Image

just gotta remember to do what you want to do a bit faster
gif's get especially big the longer the animation is, meaning how long the movie is

I changed the sig I posted about 6 or 7 times I think, with 2 major overhauls, because the one I made it for wasn't specific enough with what she wanted in the beginning :D
so it comes down to trial and error, seeing how it looks and what the "customer" thinks about it :P

Edited by Peter2k, 15 November 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#14 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

these signatures are super sexy, i hope i didn't offend MoonUnitBeta last time we chatted ^_^' :unsure:

i am horrible at conveyance!

#15 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPleasant Valley, NY

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

I got the sig I want but every time I try to put it into the box then hit save I get a server error, and yes it is resized actually just smaller then the limits.

#16 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostEldamar, on 04 February 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

I got the sig I want but every time I try to put it into the box then hit save I get a server error, and yes it is resized actually just smaller then the limits.

where would that sig be hosted?
gif or pic?

can you post it as a pic here (and it shows)?

#17 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPleasant Valley, NY

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Both hosted on Flickr but when I put the same code into the signature set up box I get, scratch that I was directed to an error page tonight it worked fine

#18 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 01 November 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

Gatta get a better idea of what you want to see. Is there a particular theme or information you'd like to have? What does a signature mean to you?

Here's the signatures that I've done so far. Maybe you might see something that you like or inspire you. Can be static or animated if you want.

For a contest, so this was just kinda my own thing.
Posted Image

This one wanted something other than just his name and rank. Also wanted the division he scored in.
Posted Image

This one wanted something to show that he's a jack of all trades type/capable of anything. Also let me know some of the colours he'd prefer to see. Which was red, blue, green, and grey.
Posted Image

Those sigs look amazing! Is there, by chance, a HOWTO out there that shows a newb like myself the basics (or even the advanced) on how to create these wonderful works of art?

#19 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

View PostJohn Archer, on 07 January 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Those sigs look amazing! Is there, by chance, a HOWTO out there that shows a newb like myself the basics (or even the advanced) on how to create these wonderful works of art?

I got Photoshop license through work
Some look like done in after effects

Gimp would be able to ape Photoshop, but nice animations
It's not so easy with free tools

And static are way easier

That being said
YouTube is still you're friend here

Only thing is to restrict the size to the 720x80 pixels for signatures

You really wanna have a guide?
Gotta know what you have software wise
Then again
I never liked gimp

#20 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

View PostJohn Archer, on 07 January 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

If you have teamspeak or skype, I can guide you through it if you want.

I can also send you the ,pdf's if you want so you can learn from them. I've also recently done one for a star citizen signature, it was my biggest yet.
Posted Image
Everything was made in photoshop from scratch, layer by layer. 144 layers or something, and it took something like 32 hours to create. It takes a long time.

Everytime you make something you learn something else. I can show you around the program and buttons to click to get you started.
For instance, this is my very first animation i made in photoshop.
Posted Image

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 07 January 2016 - 04:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users