#21 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostGrantham Besat, on 12 November 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

Basicly we all know Wolf is divided and fairly weak. Jade Falcon has the lords and decent numbers but will lords work with them or will friction cause issues? Smoke Jaguar has one strong but very small team with very few other units to back them. Ghostbear seems to have the will to organize and the numbers but I dont know their tactics or comp history. It is going to boil down to the dagger stars to reinforce one of these groups and we will have to figure out what motive we will use to do that. Will we pick a friend whos weak or be objective to ensure that we take Terra. The more questions we answer now the stronger alliance we enter cw with.

CGBI has a very long standing comp team, that has had some noted success as of late, playing with most of these top tier teams. Not the top, but close to it. There is also Clan Kodiak which has had some success as well. When CW arrives, the Bears will be ready.

#22 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

I believe most units have already or will prep for CW. Most units will have several clusters like an assault cluster or "talon" as they are called in jade falcon, a defensive cluster like a "falcons guard" cluster to defend planets from attacks and a reservist cluster for the casual players in their unit.

I believe this is how most people will organize their units, unless they are ice hellion and hells horses who just want to blitzkrieg through the IS and have all clusters on offense. As for the dagger units, i believe they will mostly reinforce clan wolf because of the opportunity to capture Rasalhague. If your dagger unit i would recommend going where the fighting is most intense or do some lore research and find out what clan your unit observed with (Clan Diamond Shark observed Jade Falcon, Clan Nova Cat observed Clan Wolf, and so forth).

As for the jade falcons being ready...of course we are don't be foolish

#23 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 12 November 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:

unless they are ice hellion and hells horses who just want to blitzkrieg through the IS and have all clusters on offense.

Not all of the Clan Hell's Horses units subscribe to that war doctrine. In the future, refrain from blanket statements.
After all, Not all green bird units are the same quiaff?

That being said most units will likely be organized how you outline. Primary frontline troops, defensive players and your second tier or reserve players. Same as it has always been in MW league drops. CW not really any different when you get down to it.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 13 November 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#24 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

on the other side of the coin... We, The Clans are designed to NOT co-ordinate together but instead to actively compete against each other even towards a common goal.

#25 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:06 AM

My concern is that we lose focus and start hitting each other when planets open.

#26 DasaDevil

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 13 November 2014 - 12:36 AM, said:

on the other side of the coin... We, The Clans are designed to NOT co-ordinate together but instead to actively compete against each other even towards a common goal.

I think we're far better off breaking the lore and beating the IS, rather than competing against each other. Of course if we win, the IS will get buffs so that it never happens again.. But just this once. Just this once..

#27 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

take the fall... let them win, avoid the nerfs

#28 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostGrantham Besat, on 12 November 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

Basicly we all know Wolf is divided and fairly weak. Jade Falcon has the lords and decent numbers but will lords work with them or will friction cause issues? Smoke Jaguar has one strong but very small team with very few other units to back them. Ghostbear seems to have the will to organize and the numbers but I dont know their tactics or comp history. It is going to boil down to the dagger stars to reinforce one of these groups and we will have to figure out what motive we will use to do that. Will we pick a friend whos weak or be objective to ensure that we take Terra. The more questions we answer now the stronger alliance we enter cw with.

You know...making assumptions is a poor thought process...

I can tell you this much...of the groups you have the option of backing...Wolf or CGB are your only 2 options. CSJ will not have the numbers to even bother, and CJF is a joke beyond lords, and perhaps the russian unit, and even then logistics are not something just anyone understands.

Wolves still have active units in Germany, Russia, NA, and some smaller groups that are mostly casual...while political history fractured much of the groups off of one larger entity...know this: when the time comes, we will be working with the other units. If any of them wish to not bother...so be it...but the door will be open, as it basically has been all along.

If you want to sit here and posture...go ahead. Blow smoke all you want. The reality is once the rules come out, we will be looking at all angles of approach on all of this, and we helped to spearhead the grand council community effort in the inception phase...we would again be open to doing so. You must not realize, that CGB, CWDG, CSA, and other clans have been doing this for a long time. We hosted the first tournament for clans on the Strana Mechty TS back when it opened to kick off Lukoi's generosity and celebrate the new server.

So...the community is here, laying in wait. You may wish it would move faster, but you have to understand what you are dealing with. If you want to plan, approach units individually to construct the bigger picture. You are much more likely to get the response you are looking for by approaching them one by one rather than trying to get a conglomeration of groups to sit down and draw things up. Some groups simply do not get along very well with specific other ones. Though I would dare say much of the animosity has mostly died by this time...unless someone wants to contest that.

Not that I care, waste your energy...I have other things to do that carry more weight for our clan right now. Especially rather than convincing stubborn leaders with their own agendas to come to a meeting they paid lip service to at one time, and otherwise just summarily ignored when the time came.

You know where to find us...if you want to talk we are here...as ever.

As for your "strong daggerstars", forget not from whence you came.

#29 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

Seyla

#30 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 13 November 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

My concern is that we lose focus and start hitting each other when planets open.

I am less concerned about petty squabbles. I think most of what animosity there was left after the divisions is mostly dead...

#31 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

#32 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostGyrok, on 13 November 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

I am less concerned about petty squabbles. I think most of what animosity there was left after the divisions is mostly dead...

I am not talking about that. I was talking about intra clan hostilities. Rusz said that there would be intra faction planets to fight over as well as inter factions. My concern is that while CGB is fighting to take a Kurita planet CSJ decides to try and take a CGB planet and etc....

#33 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

clan units will fight for their factions, check. daggerstars are still a toss up as to where they go? hmmm. non represented clan units are fight for? hmmm.

the clan objective is terra, the crusaders overall goal. our proposition is to make that happen. broad logistics with the limited info given to this point? who has done it? the GC Community forum post? what was discussed? noone wants to talk about it because they feel dejected over the wasted time. i get it. prior proper planning starts with some small steps, and we are wanting to start doing that.

forgetting where we came? nope, have not forgot.

do we want to sit back and plan last minute for how we can impact community warfare for the clan's glory? hell no. we want to make things as smooth as possible for all that choose to be involved.

#34 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostGyrok, on 13 November 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

You know...making assumptions is a poor thought process...

I can tell you this much...of the groups you have the option of backing...Wolf or CGB are your only 2 options. CSJ will not have the numbers to even bother, and CJF is a joke beyond lords, and perhaps the russian unit, and even then logistics are not something just anyone understands.

Wolves still have active units in Germany, Russia, NA, and some smaller groups that are mostly casual...while political history fractured much of the groups off of one larger entity...know this: when the time comes, we will be working with the other units. If any of them wish to not bother...so be it...but the door will be open, as it basically has been all along.

If you want to sit here and posture...go ahead. Blow smoke all you want. The reality is once the rules come out, we will be looking at all angles of approach on all of this, and we helped to spearhead the grand council community effort in the inception phase...we would again be open to doing so. You must not realize, that CGB, CWDG, CSA, and other clans have been doing this for a long time. We hosted the first tournament for clans on the Strana Mechty TS back when it opened to kick off Lukoi's generosity and celebrate the new server.

So...the community is here, laying in wait. You may wish it would move faster, but you have to understand what you are dealing with. If you want to plan, approach units individually to construct the bigger picture. You are much more likely to get the response you are looking for by approaching them one by one rather than trying to get a conglomeration of groups to sit down and draw things up. Some groups simply do not get along very well with specific other ones. Though I would dare say much of the animosity has mostly died by this time...unless someone wants to contest that.

Not that I care, waste your energy...I have other things to do that carry more weight for our clan right now. Especially rather than convincing stubborn leaders with their own agendas to come to a meeting they paid lip service to at one time, and otherwise just summarily ignored when the time came.

You know where to find us...if you want to talk we are here...as ever.

As for your "strong daggerstars", forget not from whence you came.

[T] [CW] Gyrok Carns

Posted Image
1 posts
0 votes

Since CWDG is now down to approximately 10-15 active members...and basically almost your entire roster came from CWDG. I would be interested in proposing a merger at this point. Details could be worked out were this something agreed upon. However, I present this to you in the hope that we can reunite now that the only major issues have been resolved.

Posted Sun at 22:35 · OP · Last edited Sun at 22:35

No sir I do not make assumptions I make Observations. I will consider your post a change of heart on you personally joining us. I am sorry I consider you a decent person.

Edited by Grantham Besat, 13 November 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#35 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostGyrok, on 13 November 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

We hosted the first tournament for clans on the Strana Mechty TS back when it opened to kick off Lukoi's generosity and celebrate the new server.

Don't let me get credit for the SMTS - that's Cyphersphere's hard work and effort that allows for that 512 person server to exist. I invite units to make it their regular TS in the spirit of Mercstar, NGNG, and CI's if they want to increase/improve collaboration, but we are not holding our collective breaths on that option.

#36 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 13 November 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

prior proper planning starts with some small steps, and we are wanting to start doing that.

I'm pretty sure I asked this before.

What steps are you talking about taking?

Thus far there are no logistics to deal with, everyone has their own comms so that's not an issue, no one knows the rules or how the corridors will work out so there's less interest in formally aligning a Loyalist unit at this time and there's no idea on what incentives there will be for taking planets cross-factionally, that would entice Clans to attack each other (as they often did in the lore...so I suspect we will get tantalized with some reasons to do so -- and if so, Clan units WILL do it in an effort to gain a leg up on the competition).

I listened to you guys in comms weeks ago, with the CHH guys, and we have had some conversations since, so I understand where you are coming from and what you would like to see happen in the end....but you are giving zero indication of what needs discussing at this point.

The Grand Council was an interesting but failed experiment for the reasons you already know about. So far, this thread is remarkably similar. That's not an attack mind you. I appreciate the effort you are making.

But I still do not know, after two pages, what the heck you want to talk about. What do you want to talk about?

T

#37 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 13 November 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure I asked this before.

What steps are you talking about taking?

Thus far there are no logistics to deal with, everyone has their own comms so that's not an issue, no one knows the rules or how the corridors will work out so there's less interest in formally aligning a Loyalist unit at this time and there's no idea on what incentives there will be for taking planets cross-factionally, that would entice Clans to attack each other (as they often did in the lore...so I suspect we will get tantalized with some reasons to do so -- and if so, Clan units WILL do it in an effort to gain a leg up on the competition).

I listened to you guys in comms weeks ago, with the CHH guys, and we have had some conversations since, so I understand where you are coming from and what you would like to see happen in the end....but you are giving zero indication of what needs discussing at this point.

The Grand Council was an interesting but failed experiment for the reasons you already know about. So far, this thread is remarkably similar. That's not an attack mind you. I appreciate the effort you are making.

But I still do not know, after two pages, what the heck you want to talk about. What do you want to talk about?

T

I think the issue is how do you get around the burn out created by PGI. Ghost Bear had the right idea there needs to be something in place we can all use a solid something not just lose handshakes and wait and see.

#38 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostGrantham Besat, on 13 November 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

[T] [CW] Gyrok Carns

Posted Image
1 posts
0 votes

Since CWDG is now down to approximately 10-15 active members...and basically almost your entire roster came from CWDG. I would be interested in proposing a merger at this point. Details could be worked out were this something agreed upon. However, I present this to you in the hope that we can reunite now that the only major issues have been resolved.

Posted Sun at 22:35 · OP · Last edited Sun at 22:35

No sir I do not make assumptions I make Observations. I will consider your post a change of heart on you personally joining us. I am sorry I consider you a decent person.

Honestly...I would like to thank you guys for taking all the fair weather players, and the inactive guys, and basically most of the dead weight that was not willing to train others. Looking back on things now...the group we currently have in place has never, ever, had attendance issues, they are willing to train, and recruit, and they do not complain who is online and who is not. Those guys all left...

So, while I was initially dismayed because I called them friends, we are energized now. Something we could never manage to do while everyone who was negative, or dropping everywhere else but with us, was here. Sometimes a blessing does come in disguise. I thank you for that...I feel we are actually a healthier clan now.

May the Great Father guide your path as well as our own path has been cut in our rebirth trothkin. We will talk more...

#39 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostGyrok, on 13 November 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Honestly...I would like to thank you guys for taking all the fair weather players, and the inactive guys, and basically most of the dead weight that was not willing to train others. Looking back on things now...the group we currently have in place has never, ever, had attendance issues, they are willing to train, and recruit, and they do not complain who is online and who is not. Those guys all left...

So, while I was initially dismayed because I called them friends, we are energized now. Something we could never manage to do while everyone who was negative, or dropping everywhere else but with us, was here. Sometimes a blessing does come in disguise. I thank you for that...I feel we are actually a healthier clan now.

May the Great Father guide your path as well as our own path has been cut in our rebirth trothkin. We will talk more...

This is part of the issue groups split up because of differences but some people will try to tear apart anything others do that they have a grudge against. I will not debate you Gyrok I wish you every bit of luck but until you can play the game without a Grudge against Alpha or a Grudge now against us as a fuel source you will have issues. anger is not a good place to base a clan on. I understand you did not like failing our 1 v 1 testing when you applied to join us but at the same time we did warn you it was a test.

Edited by Grantham Besat, 13 November 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#40 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

What "needs to be in place?"

This is all just hand-wave, theorycrafting atm.

What do you need that you do not have? We can all meet here via the forums to debate ideas/issues readily enough. We all have multiple TS options to communicate in person. What else do you need? What this entire thread implies is that you would like to see a hierarchy develop, and to a degree that was attempted with the GC. The problem there being, outside of a a select few, no unit was going to subborn itself to the decisions of such an eclectic and argumentative collective.

This also implies you want to determine alliances and potentially alignment. The latter is not likely to occur unit CW is actually explained and understandable and frankly will be highly affected by the nostalgia factor of many players. Alliances are what they are. Engendering more takes time and collaboration. So drop in, do some scrims with some teams, see who shares your mindset to some degree and boom all set. But I doubt the Loyalists are going to unify in agreement on how to play this stuff out...at least not at this point. Alliances are not likely to form via discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users