Ppc Wall Hit And No Hit Registration (Aparently)

3 replies to this topic

#1 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

I've been playing with PPCs lately, and I have a fealing they hit walls easier than lasers and balistics. Even when I'm sure the projectile will go trough, it hits the ground, or invissible corners or walls. If I looks around a bend, with the dirt on my right side, and fire a weopon on the left hand at a vissible object, there is no reason for the projectile to hit the ground. Still it often do.

Shooting at mechs partially behind cover are often challenging, because the projectile hits the object even if I shoot to the side of it. Even so, a PPC can allmost go trough a mech without hitting.

Also, I have some issues with hit detection. Or I'm not sure if it's registering. If I fire a couple of shots in a row, I can see all of them hit, but my hit indicator only flashes on the first hit. I fire like 1.5 - 2 sec apart. Are these hits counted. I'm counting manually, and I think not. But it's hard to say for sure.

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

I would assume that the PPC projectile is fairly large in size, as its counted as a ballistic weapon in the game and has its own hitbox as it travels.

Lasers can get much closer to objects before colliding into the Hitboxes and vs props and terrain because the beam is tiny in width/height.

#3 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

terrain clipping is attrocious in this game even with lasers you can see them hitting terrain through there whole duration and they are actually no where near the terrain. that kind of stuff never should get past beta.

#4 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Most of the maps need to be combed for crapy collision boxes. Unfortunately, PGI doesn't seem to be prioritising the maps...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users