All Systems Nominal Cartoon, Community Questions

Art Video

102 replies to this topic

#21 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

Awesome! Nice to see this back in action! Definitely more dakka dakka jagermechs needed. SRM boats would be cool too.

#22 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

Plexi, I saw your videos during the first Town Hall and immediately loved them. The animation is great, the humor is clever and inside... I find myself cracking up with each episode.

So happy to see you're back!

#23 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

Fantastic news, I love this cartoon.

#24 Trumpetteer

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

Please don't forget to add a GG close, at least once.

#25 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

I actually laughed out loud at Ep.6.

#26 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

Greetings all,

You could make one of the trials and tribulations of the Clan bidding system, that could go any direction with laughs and outright silliness.

9erRed

#27 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostPLEXI, on 04 November 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Would you guys like to see more detailed animation, along the lines of Episode 6, with slightly longer wait times, or would you rather simplified animation that is quicker to produce (previous episodes)?

Perhaps a happy middle ground is the answer, and I am still actively experimenting with different methods.. But I would love to hear what everyone else thinks.

Amateurly speaking (as opposed to professionally), I recommend both, depending on the product. Frequent updates to your Youtube channel will drive traffic there, even if it's just "throwaway" clips or concept work. Oh, and the easiest of all: tutorials. Consider doing some intro to ToonBoom videos with how to get started, how to publish, how to tweaks, etc. But for the animation work, even comedy shorts that are stills telling a story can get people subscribing and liking.

For the ASN videos, make those the high quality ones and monetize them. Those are your premium product. The foundation for your channel. Keep those coming out at a regular interval so people know when to anticipate your next one, and you'll have your own F5 Brigade waiting for the next installment of ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL!

#28 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

1. Don't kill more Stalker!

2. Highlander could become a nice, long funeral.. (Just fot the nice music..)

3. No more such sadness... as by the death of the Stalker..

4. Superlow quality... quicker.. much quicker! (Best... 1/day..!)

5. Kill more Lighs!... And real ugly once, from the Clan side...

6. More Urbie!

7. Tanks.. Dropships.. Submarins.. whatever

8. QUIRKS!

SN: Takács?

And.. ye.. Thank you!

#29 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

That actually brought a tear to my eye.

Reminds me of my days starting out in a Trial Dragon, compared to now.

#30 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Skip ASN, I want a sequel to that Davion Blues? Or w/e it was...the vid with the lone hunchback being hunted by that crazed German lance of assaults......cuz really.....I hate when shows cut off right when it gets interesting....

Ok, just watched ASN 1-5....we can haz 6 now =D

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 04 November 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#31 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 04 November 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

Skip ASN, I want a sequel to that Davion Blues? Or w/e it was...the vid with the lone hunchback being hunted by that crazed German lance of assaults......cuz really.....I hate when shows cut off right when it gets interesting....

Ok, just watched ASN 1-5....we can haz 6 now =D

That was being run by TMC and NGNG, and I believe they are finishing up the next episode.

#32 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostPLEXI, on 04 November 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Now that Episode 6 is officially released, and many have had a chance to see it, I would like to ask for feedback about the style changes. Pacing of the episode aside, I had attempted to cram more detail into the individual frames. Now this did slow down the animation process a bit, but it is far and away the best looking ASN episode yet. While my skills will steadily improve and I will learn tricks to create animations faster, a big question I would like to ask is;

Would you guys like to see more detailed animation, along the lines of Episode 6, with slightly longer wait times, or would you rather simplified animation that is quicker to produce (previous episodes)?

Perhaps a happy middle ground is the answer, and I am still actively experimenting with different methods.. But I would love to hear what everyone else thinks.

Thank you so much for the wonderful support everyone!

Glad to see your return, I had wondered where the MechWarrior animated skits had gone off to, now I know.

Personally, I like both styles of animation, the higher detail parts are really pretty looking and seeing that Atlas vs Heavy metal fight with such detail was excellent.
However maybe a combination of this newer high detail and the older style might be effective? Older style for larger scenes with 'characters' that are further away, while reserving high detail parts for close ups and epic fight scenes. That way you get a combination of faster animation because you're not spending as much time as you would if you did everything with insane details that might get lost since they'll be further away.

Pacing wise, this one was a little fast, but understandable since you had lots of materiel to catch up on.

As others have said, episodes with an overarching story would be nice, but I'd personally miss the random little moments of hilarity, I personally burst out laughing at the inclusion of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. joke from Episode three.

I guess the important thing to do is just do what you do best, you were and are doing awesome and funny work. Our input into your workflow and creativity is just potential to spoil what you have working so very well.
So take what the internet tells you under consideration, but do what you think works best.

#33 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

@Ep.6: I may or may not have cried laughing when that HM engaged JJs. :lol:

Feedback: to be completely honest, I personally didn't notice a difference at all in the quality/detail. It's the content that holds me and the humour is great. I'd personally rather see more material in a lower quality over less material with more detail - it's your ideas and story/concept that I like and all I want is moar. ^^;

Edit: on rewatch I see the details we're talking about. Definitely nice, maybe you can find a happy medium
(as opposed to a sad medium, like the Cicada...
... too soon?)

Edited by Tarogato, 04 November 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#34 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostTarogato, on 04 November 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Edit: on rewatch I see the details we're talking about. Definitely nice, maybe you can find a happy medium
(as opposed to a sad medium, like the Cicada...
... too soon?)

Too soon. Indeed :P

Edited by Mech42Ace, 04 November 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#35 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

I'd love to see something about the PPC speed nerf. Maybe have a mech fire it and watch is just kind of mosey along across the battlefield towards its target.

Actually, nerfs in general, like the Highlander jumpjet. Maybe have a rain of LRMs falling on a mech. Next scene, it's forum posting. Then, suddenly it's a rain of nerf darts with the obligatory "Fwoomp" sound.

How about something along the lines of a group of mechs formed up in a murder ball charging, they come around a corner and a light fires a single small laser at them, next thing you know, everybody but one is back around the corner.

How about a giant chef roasting a mech in the center of Terra Therma.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

#36 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

Well personally , if you ever watched some of the Starcraft Carbotanimations , if not please do, they are awsome X) https://www.youtube....arbotAnimations even if you never played the game.

Something like that for MWO might be great publicity content.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 05 November 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#37 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

Episode 6 is great.

Here are a few other things I'd like to see show up at some point:

- HSR causing someone to lose a leg after ducking behind cover while a shot missed by good margin. Would be most appropriate on a light.

- Artillery Warrior Online. In other words, an episode where the two sides are busy spamming strikes instead of doing real fighting. Could maybe be interrupted by lone hero willing actually to fire his own weapons instead of calling in off-map support.

- The Centurion AH coming back from the dead, or maybe descending from heaven (like a Valkyrie, or like Chuck Norris).

- A Hunchback 4G that keeps doing terribly. A message comes through that Quirks have been updated, and suddenly it's an unstoppable monster.

- Something riffing on Warhorns, somehow.

- Catapults and Trebuchets behind the lines, actually manning catapults and trebuchets as they rain rocks down on the enemy on the other side of a hill.

Regardless, keep them coming. This whole series has been inspired.

#38 NickTheHalfling

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

Yes! Please, more! MORE!

#39 Tanek

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 37 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 07 November 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

- The Centurion AH coming back from the dead, or maybe descending from heaven (like a Valkyrie, or like Chuck Norris).

The AH coming back from the dead only to find out its a terrible zombie build.

Also a King Crab that can only walk side-ways.

I love these shorts, keep up the good work man. Ep 6 made me smile after a really bad day.

#40 Jcat

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:01 AM

maybe something involving the cn9al and PPCs, always make sure to use more P-P-PC-C

(yes i am one of the pilots of the two dual PPC centies running amuck)

Edited by Jcat, 08 November 2014 - 12:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users