#1 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

So. I just finished watching vlog#9 and it seems the devs believe that most units will be mobile among the factions. They don't want them jumping around constantly, but they expect the majority of them will be changing contracts. I was just wondering what are our units plans? Whose here for the long haul, who thinks they might jump around and what other factions are you considering?

#2 Limidas

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNew Copenhagen

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

Think i'll stay with Frr permanently :)

#3 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

Not sure. We'd be focusing our priority on FRR, but other contracts that wouldn't put us against the FRR are not out of the option, including clans.

#4 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

For lore-er unit is clear... Forever!

I think, the most of the not lore-er unit will try first a 1 month time... then, they will see how it works... I doubt, they choose much longer times, still they find a community or reward, what them mostly fit. For those, who don't find a fitting color either... It is a very high possibility, that they will jump IS-Clan-IS-Clan... Just for their players can use all theirs Mechs...

Edited by Sky Hawk, 05 November 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#5 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Most likely permanent FRR (with a small chance of possibly taking a Steiner contract as long as it isnt vs FRR).

#6 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

The name says "1st Rasalhague" for a reason.

#7 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

We will stand and fight the Clans. What will you do, Dane?

#8 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:24 AM

House Units should be diehard defenders and stalwarts guardians of House honor and glory... Mercenaries on the other hand, fight for coin.

Both are right and proper in its own time and given its individually unique circumstance.

My Mercenary Unit will never go Smoke Jaguar, as I would prefer. In all likelihood our Unit Commander will take a timed contract for FRR or possibly Davion. Thus it is very likely we will soon be brothers-in-arms as a fair number of our brethren prefer FRR over other factions.

We specialize in RECON and SUPPORT, so in part it'll be our Scouts NARC'ing / BAP'ing and our Gauss / LRM's smashing Mech and Structure alike as the FRR takes it to the Clans in Sector after Sector on World after World.

Given all that is possible for us when we act in unison, the use of the term "Fair Weather" may be an unfortunate descriptor. For I am sure the FRR "powers-that-be" will welcome all contributors to the FRR cause against the Clan Invasion.

If at some distant time circumstances change, I agree that our Mercenary Unit may be one of those that will (for a time) fall away from the Rasalhague Banner. But it will be our memories of FRR camaraderie during our shared trial of arms (or not) that will drive our Unit decisions with regard to future contracts. No doubt many other Mercenary Units will similarly be influenced toward or against the FRR cause based on House interactions.

Hopefully under some thread here on the Rasalhague forum floors there will be an effort to meet and great / coordinate support to Rasalhague defensive Windows of Conflict when CW kicks off. This would be of great benefit to all this that follow the Rasalhague Banner.

I look forward to seeing which House forums ignore or malign those Mercenary Units who's time under a House's Banner will be finite... and which House elements on these forms meet and greet in good faith and open friendship with those Unit Commanders and MechWarriors who for at least a time, will fight and win, drop and perish for a Cause not their own.

Sectors may be one and lost, Worlds set aflame in Submission or liberated to Freedom as a direct result of House and Mercenary relations.

Who here believes similarly? And who would see it go a different way?

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 06 November 2014 - 01:36 AM.

#9 RedlineHunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGPS said I'm here, but I think I'm over there...

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'm planning on being with FRR for the long haul. Really looking forward to CW, hope PGI does it right.

#10 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

There is the common (and mostly accurate) perception on the MWO forums that I am unable to stick with a faction / unit for a significant amount of time (although I was with the MGA for nearly one year), so I aim to change that perception and I will remain a loyal Space Viking for the foreseeable future.

#11 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostSuperAtomicAirplane, on 05 November 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

We will stand and fight the Clans. What will you do, Dane?

It is good that you ask!
I will have a proper answer for you at the end of the month. :D

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 06 November 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

Given all that is possible for us when we act in unison, the use of the term "Fair Weather" may be an unfortunate descriptor. For I am sure the FRR "powers-that-be" will welcome all contributors to the FRR cause against the Clan Invasion.

Hopefully under some thread here on the Rasalhague forum floors there will be an effort to meet and great / coordinate support to Rasalhague defensive Windows of Conflict when CW kicks off. This would be of great benefit to all this that follow the Rasalhague Banner.

I look forward to seeing which House forums ignore or malign those Mercenary Units who's time under a House's Banner will be finite... and which House elements on these forms meet and greet in good faith and open friendship with those Unit Commanders and MechWarriors who for at least a time, will fight and win, drop and perish for a Cause not their own.

Sectors may be one and lost, Worlds set aflame in Submission or liberated to Freedom as a direct result of House and Mercenary relations.

Good points.
I think I am going to want to get together with the leadership of the FRR and see if they'd be willing to come up with a more structured or functional Althing. Something that wont step on anyone's toes, but at the same time, will be effective in CW.

Earlier I brought up creating a sort of FRR-Wide ranking-recognition system or 'Alt-Ranks'. I kind of let that stew for a bit, but I'll return to that as well. We've all been raiding distant shores and earning glory and boon for ourselves, perhaps now is the time that we come together and form our own Great Heathen Army.

#12 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

The 1stH haven't been training these many months just to give up and cede territory to the Clans. In all likelihood however no unit can expect to retain all of it's members forever. I image as time passes some players will want to switch things up and tryout other groups or simply find other games to occupy themselves with which is fine. Based on what I've seen, I think it's fair to say that the members of the 1stH plan on defending the FRR for the foreseeable future.

#13 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostTabu 73, on 08 November 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

The 1stH haven't been training these many months just to give up and cede territory to the Clans. In all likelihood however no unit can expect to retain all of it's members forever. I image as time passes some players will want to switch things up and tryout other groups or simply find other games to occupy themselves with which is fine. Based on what I've seen, I think it's fair to say that the members of the 1stH plan on defending the FRR for the foreseeable future.

Well, if we stick to lore, we can hold out against the Clans for the rest of our natural lives if MWO stays on a 1 to 1 timeline, LOL.

#14 Hug Kesse

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 51 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTarragona - Catalonia

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:53 AM

The 325th MSs will be loyal to the FRR. At the firsts contrats (1-3), we do not take a permanent contract. We should take a short one (one to three months), in order to examine how the CW works and evolve. When we will have an idea of this we will enroll for a permanent contract.

#15 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

Deffinitely taking contracts on the northern perimiter border or along any of the clan invasion borders. We have had this planned since closed Beta and have taken this line in the ISW resource league.

Playing as the Circinus Federation, which is a minor Periphery power, and single handedly stalling the clan invasion for a few weeks may not have been canon... but who says we can not rewrite the future history? :D

EDIT: Actually during the closed Beta we were planning on opposing the Goonswarm who were by far the largest faction... but they shriveled up and went belly up shortly after the Beta was over.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 10 November 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#16 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

My unit is undecided...many aren't happy about the "must use IS mechs" part of CW if you're in the FRR. I haven't heard if that stance has changed, but I guess we'll know more once it gets closer.

#17 Grim DeGrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

Well if it ain't the Sarsaparilla Kid! Good to everyone you.

#18 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

To be accurate though, the Clan-Tech restrictions (according to PGI) have to do with the planetary assault battles that will be fought. The opportunity to continue and earn Loyalty points via a queue similar to the ones we already play in. So....run your Clan mechs during events, and regular matches, and run IS mechs specifically for the combat-windows that apply to planetary assault.

It is about the best compromise that PGI could hope to make at this point. I for one did not want to give up my stable of 90+ IS Mechs either, so I can definitely relate.

#19 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

I think being committed to one unit / faction is just not for me, I am happier playing on my own schedule and terms. Every unit I have been a part of, were mostly full of great people, but it just never works out.

#20 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

FRR for life.. and if the FRR gets conquered? FRR-in-exile. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users