Sale: 3X Timber Wolf \ Thunderbolt Champion

53 replies to this topic

#41 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

No matter what kind of ...calyps comes... All I need, is a spotting Team.. The rest is just chainfire!

#42 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 06 November 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Just to nitpick, they're fusion reactors, not fission reactors.

LOL
Was typing a little two quick but luckily I know the difference.

Maybe I should change it to (Fuel, ammo and Pilot Sold Separately?)

And....Facebook is watching!

"
54 user(s) are reading this topic
[color=#777777]
6 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users
[/color]

#43 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

This couldnt fit better for the upcoming MadCatocalypse...

#44 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

Appeciative of the heads-up for the sale. Doesn't look like there will be a weekend event. Kind of disappointed, but I've been spoiled by so many of them.

#45 CimaGarahau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWesternmost Germany

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:23 AM

Nice, will keep that offer in mind. Extend the availability of this offer please!

#46 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

Am I the only one who noticed that the pictured Thunderbolt is actually a 5S and not a 9SE? :P
I should know, I have owned every Thunderbolt and only that one has two missile hardpoints in the RT. CX

#47 Patu

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:17 AM

Shouldnt the Timber go CBills any moment now anyways? (2nd week in november)
I don't really see the point, unless you really are too lazy to farm the CBills. But then again, just get the Invasion ones...

#48 Blackhawk ge

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

asked the question in post #24 already but didn´t get an answer, at least it was announced here:
http://mwomercs.com/...lease-schedule/
and 4 weeks ago there was the flash sale already. Can´t find anything where it says that the schedule was changed.

#49 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:52 PM

Oh no - we will see a lot of Timberwolfes out there !

Probably the best Mech in MWO...

#50 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:18 AM

So 15% off the MC on Timberwolves just a few days before they get released for c-bills and normally discounts on mechs are 30-50%? Such a geat bargain, what a steal, a whole 15% off! I guess it was only a matter of time before the old PGI/IGP attitudes would return :angry:

#51 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 08 November 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

So 15% off the MC on Timberwolves just a few days before they get released for c-bills and normally discounts on mechs are 30-50%? Such a geat bargain, what a steal, a whole 15% off! I guess it was only a matter of time before the old PGI/IGP attitudes would return :angry:

You do realize that no Clan mechs went on this kind of sale prior when they got released for C-Bills, right? When all were made available for Mc, there was a 15% off MC sale that lasted a few days. The Timber Wolf is getting a second 15% off sale. The Stormcrow was unique in that it had a 45% off sale (alongside the Shadowhawks, which were considered by PGI to be the best IS medium chassis) when it became available for C-Bills due to a weekend event.

Its not being treated as an Inner Sphere mech release, its being treated as a Clan mech release. Don't get your knickers in a twist over this perceived sleight when some critical thinking regarding previous Clan mechs should make it clear that this is getting treatment that is actually beneficial to the playerbase.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 08 November 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#52 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 08 November 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

You do realize that no Clan mechs went on this kind of sale prior when they got released for C-Bills, right? When all were made available for Mc, there was a 15% off MC sale that lasted a few days. The Timber Wolf is getting a second 15% off sale. The Stormcrow was unique in that it had a 45% off sale (alongside the Shadowhawks, which were considered by PGI to be the best IS medium chassis) when it became available for C-Bills due to a weekend event.

Its not being treated as an Inner Sphere mech release, its being treated as a Clan mech release. Don't get your knickers in a twist over this perceived sleight when some critical thinking regarding previous Clan mechs should make it clear that this is getting treatment that is actually beneficial to the playerbase.

How exactly do you view this as a "beneficial to the playerbase" sale? As someone already pointed out it is CHEAPER to buy the timberwolf a la carte even with a whopping 15% discount (plus the a la carte package includes 3 mech bays AND the special prime variant that has a 30% cbill boost). Any way you look at it (using true "critical thinking" as you say) this is a BAD sale...only 15% off, standard a la carte pricing cheaper than sale price ($ for $) with more benefits, (based on PGI's cbill release schedule) as soon as this "sale" ends the timberwolf will be available for cbills.
Unfortunately what you fail to realize is that I am actually trying to protect our playerbase from being fooled into thinking this is a "good deal" and having buyers remorse after realizing what they could have saved buying the Timberwolf a la carte or just waiting a few more days and buying the timberwolf for cbills.

Edited by A sebaceous cyst, 09 November 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#53 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 09 November 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

How exactly do you view this as a "beneficial to the playerbase" sale? As someone already pointed out it is CHEAPER to buy the timberwolf a la carte even with a whopping 15% discount (plus the a la carte package includes 3 mech bays AND the special prime variant that has a 30% cbill boost).

Plenty of players don't elite out mechs by getting variants they don't care for. With an Omnimech, you get everything you could want out of the mech with omnipods.

Everybody knows that its more cost-effective to get a la carte. Its pretty much that way for most of the Clan mechs in Wave I, and its not a secret. Some people would rather just get one, and some people would rather spend MC that they already own to get it.

#54 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:24 AM

Damn! I'm closed to master my crow, and starting on my ferret...what else?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users