14 replies to this topic

#1 Maelstroem

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:59 PM

Havent played for a long time.. First i wanted to come back when full CW will be implemented but somehow i wanna jump in and melt some faces from time to time. So currently i got 4 Mechs. I got a Atlas, Centurion, Cataphract (2x), Jaegermech.

Well i am looking for something like best mech for the buck. I have no clue whats good at the moment. I like mid range and also dakka. I dont like lights and Assault are most to slow. So heavy should be best i guess.

Could someone please suggest with a mech where i cant go wrong. My guess would be Timber Wolf due i would prefer IS Mechs..

#2 Saiphas Cain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

Heavy + dakka usually points to Cataphract if you're looking for an IS mech. Granted, my experience with the chassis is limited to the Ilya Muromets but somehow I always think I'm terrible at it, and yet have a better than average performance. Multi-AC builds are pretty damage reliable so long as you hit. Exactly which Cataphract is a matter of which AC you prefer though. Check the new quirks list for your preference.

There's also the Jagermech, which I don't own and can't comment on, but watching them in spectator the multi-AC/2 builds look fun as hell.

Edited by Saiphas Cain, 07 November 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#3 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostSaiphas Cain, on 07 November 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Heavy + dakka usually points to Cataphract if you're looking for an IS mech. Granted, my experience with the chassis is limited to the Ilya Muromets but somehow I always think I'm terrible at it, and yet have a better than average performance. Multi-AC builds are pretty damage reliable so long as you hit. Exactly which Cataphract is a matter of which AC you prefer though. Check the new quirks list for your preference.

There's also the Jagermech, which I don't own and can't comment on, but watching them in spectator the multi-AC/2 builds look fun as hell.

new quirks enable the Jager DD to dakka well. 3 uac5s and presto.

#4 levitas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

Oddly, the Dragon 1N can put out dakka like nobody's business with the AC5 quirks it got.

#5 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

View Postsolar levitas, on 07 November 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Oddly, the Dragon 1N can put out dakka like nobody's business with the AC5 quirks it got.

this,it can outgun any inner sphere mech and almost every clan mech,only thing you need to fear in it is 4 UAC10 or 2 gauss 2 ppc dire wolves

#6 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

cataphract 4x and a cataphract 3d to get you to your elite skills, with the new quirks all three mechs are good sturdy weapons of mass destruction

#7 Maelstroem

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:55 AM

Ok i have bought the Dragon N1 and mounted a XL300 2x AC5 and ERLL. Until its fine. Thanks for the advise. Now i have to get that 3mill Cbil for the -12% Cooldown. :)

#8 Maelstroem

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

Ok i am back. Played a lot with the Dragon but honestly dont know.. i am somehow not happy with it. So my plan is now i want to master one mech. It should be a heavy IS Mech. What would be best for the buck? I does not have to be dakka can be everything as long as it is competitive in PUG games.

#9 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:47 AM

One thing about the dragon that the quirks can't fix is its easy to hit shape. Maybe try the catapult k2. Its still one of the more popular IS mechs.

Edited by Soulscour, 19 November 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#10 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:06 AM

View PostMaelstroem, on 19 November 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

Ok i am back. Played a lot with the Dragon but honestly dont know.. i am somehow not happy with it. So my plan is now i want to master one mech. It should be a heavy IS Mech. What would be best for the buck? I does not have to be dakka can be everything as long as it is competitive in PUG games.

You've already got 2 Cataphracts so Mastering that chassis by getting yourself a third is the easiest option IMO.

#11 Maelstroem

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:12 AM

Edited by Maelstroem, 19 November 2014 - 03:47 AM.

#12 Maelstroem

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

No i dont have two. Its just the 2x

Edited by Maelstroem, 19 November 2014 - 03:48 AM.

#13 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:53 AM

which jager do you have?

anyway you already have the best dakka heavy chassis so master their best dakka variant.

CTF-4X 4x AC5

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c2879ca2f8c44d7

Jager S

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7d36a01d2ab6a3c

ac2 cooldown module doesn't exist so you can fully use the quirks this way too

https://mwo.smurfy-n...db9eae31463de01

and the dragon you already have.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ff356b03f6114d7

They all use AC5s on purpose so you can swap the module between the 3, the module will boost your dps with AC5 by 12% and still they are very low on heat. Get it as soon as you can.

As for other mechs to master the chassis, Jagers are 3 for cbills so just get those, CTF get the good old 3D that can jump, since you already have 2X and 4X is the best dakka for cbills, and for the dragons they are 3 as well for cbills so just get those.

You have a really good plan if you master these 3 chassis, and get the needed XL engines, waiting for CW :)

Edited by fx8320, 19 November 2014 - 02:24 AM.

#14 Maelstroem

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:47 AM

View Postfx8320, on 19 November 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

which jager do you have?

anyway you already have the best dakka heavy chassis so master their best dakka variant.

CTF-4X 4x AC5

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c2879ca2f8c44d7

Jager S

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7d36a01d2ab6a3c

ac2 cooldown module doesn't exist so you can fully use the quirks this way too

https://mwo.smurfy-n...db9eae31463de01

and the dragon you already have.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ff356b03f6114d7

They all use AC5s on purpose so you can swap the module between the 3, the module will boost your dps with AC5 by 12% and still they are very low on heat. Get it as soon as you can.

As for other mechs to master the chassis, Jagers are 3 for cbills so just get those, CTF get the good old 3D that can jump, since you already have 2X and 4X is the best dakka for cbills, and for the dragons they are 3 as well for cbills so just get those.

You have a really good plan if you master these 3 chassis, and get the needed XL engines, waiting for CW :)

Thats a great advise thank you. You are advising i should master these 3 mechs. Do i get any benefits or do you mean i will just have more diversity so i can choose 3 different chasis`?

#15 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

You should master mechs, they turn into something totally different with all the skills unlocked.

You like dakka, you want IS mech, and you have the best IS mechs for that, you are taking the right path.

Ask yourself what you like more between Jagers, Phracts and Dragons and master one chassis first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users