Any Units That Don't Require A Website?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Artukk

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:10 PM

I'm looking to join a FWL unit that I can join without registering on a website. I'm all for VOIP but I'm just not interested in dealing with a website. Size of the group doesn't matter too much to me.

#2 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:15 PM

Artukk,

As a guild leader, I am curious why you do not want to be part of a website. Curious, not in a bad way ... just more of a "please help me understand why you feel this way" ... um, way.

I know that I enjoy having ways to send e-mail to my members and engage in conversations outside of TeamSpeak. Is there a reason that you do not like units with website besides just the fact that you do not like applications?

I use applications as a way to pre-screen applicants. It allows me to show what we are about and the application allows the prospective member a chance to respond to that in a way that is not as awkward as a TS conversation.

You brought up a very interesting point though and I am anxious to hear more of your thoughts on the matter.

Alex...

#3 Artukk

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

When a unit expects me to go to their website and apply I feel like it's more formal and joblike I guess. I'm here to enjoy myself and would much rather just hop on a voip and do some drops with people to see how we get along. I understand that it's a much more managable way to recruit people but its just unpleasant to me.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

Most units will do the "do some drops with people in TS to see how we get along" thing, before actually having you go and register on the web site. The application is a formality, yet it MUST be done, like any other paperwork.

Note that some TeamSpeak servers REQUIRE web site access to authenticate. Like the main House MarikTS3, for instance.

You're an odd duck, Artukk. The vast majority of people with objections, object to the VOIP part of being in a unit. They'd much rather sign up on a web site and have that be the end of it. It takes all kinds, I guess...

#5 Artukk

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

I guess I just enjoy dealing with people rather than dealing with automated systems.

#6 Etikor

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

I agree with Artukk. I don't join guilds in most games if I need to register to a website and if I do I'll register it to my junk email that I don't check. I just want to jump on VOIP and play games with people.

#7 Pet Dude

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUS West

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm trying to start a unit. We should join up. Not sure which house I'm taking in CW though. I'll figure that out when I get there. Look for me in game and I'll drop with you if you're cool.

#8 Sovery_Simple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:00 AM

With artukk here, hate the website and application crap, always just a waste of time, and usually just rots away in some corner of the net by the end of the day.

#9 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostArtukk, on 09 November 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I guess I just enjoy dealing with people rather than dealing with automated systems.

Most clans, groups, units, etc. have it so once you finish with the website registration, you never have to see it again except maybe once every few months so it doesn't auto kick from inactivity.

Personally I think websites are fine for communication and such, but my god when you try signing up for one of EVE's nullsec alliances... *shudders at all the registrations, confirmations, and impossible to read capchas...*

Those guys go overboard.

#10 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostArtukk, on 09 November 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

For the Marik TS it is done because if it wasn't there then there would be loads of griefers like there were before it was in place. This means there would have to be admins on all the time and able to kick folks out that come on and spout nonsense or play music just to mess with people.

Sucks, but that is the internet for ya.

I will say it isn't hard to get set up for the Marik TS though and there are tons of nice folks on there to play with at all times. It also isn't a 'unit' but hosts a lot of units at once so you could shop around through that in a way.

#11 Ramsess

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBrossard

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

Everything Barantor said +1 :)

Do apply ;)

#12 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

It sounds like you just want people to drop with. If you wanted a unit, you wouldn't mind going through the process of "joining" them. If you just want some people to drop with I suggest going to the NA Comstar TS3 server. You will find people of people looking for groups and even units that will let you drop with them as a guest. No fuss, no muss. It sounds like that is what you are looking for.

Good luck.

North American Comstar TS3 Server Info:
na1.mech-connect.net
pass: wordofblake
(I forget if the password was case sensitive like WordofBlake or whatever, but there it is. Good luck!)

Other Public and Guest friendly TS3 Info:
http://mwomercs.com/...e-chat-servers/
http://www.nogutsnog...php?topic=303.0
http://www.mercenary....php?topic=53.0
http://www.reddit.co...ms_server_list/

Edited by xNoSkillz, 01 December 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#13 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

My unit requires no registration or website. Send me an invite in game

#14 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostArtukk, on 09 November 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

I'm looking to join a FWL unit that I can join without registering on a website. I'm all for VOIP but I'm just not interested in dealing with a website. Size of the group doesn't matter too much to me.

View PostPet Dude, on 09 November 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

I'm trying to start a unit. We should join up. Not sure which house I'm taking in CW though. I'll figure that out when I get there. Look for me in game and I'll drop with you if you're cool.

View PostWhoops, on 23 November 2014 - 04:00 AM, said:

With artukk here, hate the website and application crap, always just a waste of time, and usually just rots away in some corner of the net by the end of the day.

Check this out.

http://mwomercs.com/...la-recruitment/

#15 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

Mostly it's a security and automation feature.
I know, for the house-marik.com site, I really wouldn't enjoy the process of tagging, approving, etc the 1k+ members who are still active.

What may seem like a job for you for 5 minutes of your time, were it not for that, would be a full time job for a handful of people.

Just sayin'

#16 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:04 AM

View PostBarantor, on 24 November 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

For the Marik TS it is done because if it wasn't there then there would be loads of griefers like there were before it was in place. This means there would have to be admins on all the time and able to kick folks out that come on and spout nonsense or play music just to mess with people.

Sucks, but that is the internet for ya.

I will say it isn't hard to get set up for the Marik TS though and there are tons of nice folks on there to play with at all times. It also isn't a 'unit' but hosts a lot of units at once so you could shop around through that in a way.

I would also add that the House Marik TS doesn't even require you to ever join a unit. You can use it solely for coordination on CW matches.

#17 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

Feel free to come drop with PUGS united.

You can find us on TS3.PUGSunited.org no registration required. Come and go as you please and if you like it why not join our ranks. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users