8 replies to this topic

#1 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

Anyone have a build that they use specifically with the quirks given out?

Website I use for quirks, thanks to the maker of it:
http://snafets.de/mwo/quirks.htm

I use the battlemaster BLR-1G its quirks are:

BLR-1G
Posted Image
Additional Armor (LA&RA) +14
Medium Laser Range +20%
Energy Weapon Range +10%
Medium Laser Duration -20%
Laser Weapon Duration -10%
Medium Laser Heat Generation -20%
Energy Weapon Heat Generation -10%
Missile Weapon Cooldown +12.5%

BLR-1G

Thats the build I use with the BLR-1G due to the quirks. It works well with pin point 30 damage, and I still can use the lrm 10 and tag for C-Bill grinding.

#2 teabuzz

• Pip
  • The Clamps
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

Most insane quirks of the mechs I usually pilot is this guy:

DRG-1N

2xAC5 and 2xML. You can fire 2 ac5's at the ac2 fire rate with the cooldown module. Expecting it to get nerfed.

#3 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

I'm actually making all of my builds specifically tuned for the quirks. I play assault almost exclusively as piloting a light mech makes me dizzy, hence I'm particularly bad at it right now.

Here are some of the builds I run quite a lot recently and I'm rather enjoying. Note there may be some mistakes as I'm recreating these from memory. I also pug/solo queue exclusively, so keep that in mind.

Banshee 3E : AC5 x 3 and ml x 4.

Just a note, if you get the AC5 cooldown module for this guy I would recommend never chaining the fire on the AC5s. I would shoot all 3 at once, because once you hit backspace on that weapon group, they won't chain through fast enough to get you max possible dps, alpha, and damage concentration, kind of the same problem you run into if you do that with more than 2 AC2s.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c158bcf978f7850

Banshee 3M : lpl x 4.

Set up in 2 weapon groups, each chained so you only fire 2 at a time for zero ghost heat buildup. My build sacrifices bigger alpha for much better heat tolerance on hot maps, and high armor. Not ideal for pre-made groups but good for solo queue.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...63f3df0ce97fc73

La Malinche : lpl x 2, mpl x 2, srm6, ac10.

While you could drop the SRM and mpls easily and pick up a third large pulse laser with some tweaks, I instead went for a few lighter short range weapons for bigger alpha up close and two additional double heat sinks for slightly improved thermal tolerance. Probably the only build I run that doesn't focus maxing quirk bonuses. I could see a 3 lpl build being better, but it annoys me to have a weapon type split between arms and torso as it hurts my accuracy. Better pilots than me might not find this to be an issue.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...079cd7d1761093d

BLR-3S : mpl x 6, srm6 x 2

Kind of a no-brainer wubmaster build maxing out the bonuses for mpls with two srm6 as kind of a backup weapon if your heat level gets too high and you need just a bit more damage to take someone down. Still fun to play, albeit not very effective in certain situations.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fd11e045792e928

Edited by Skarlock, 15 November 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#4 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

CN9-D

Love it!

#5 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

View Postteabuzz, on 12 November 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

Most insane quirks of the mechs I usually pilot is this guy:

DRG-1N

2xAC5 and 2xML. You can fire 2 ac5's at the ac2 fire rate with the cooldown module. Expecting it to get nerfed.

The Awesome and Wolverine also get some really sick quirk bonuses. They seem pretty balanced for the most part, as all of the mechs that got really high bonuses needed some love IMO.

#6 EpicWarrior202

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

JM6-DD
:ph34r:

#7 Zelumbras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

Two AC-5 that shoot as fast and far as AC-2's with the quirks plus the cooldown and range module. Just serious fun pumping out 12 dps of heat neutral dakka at 800m range :ph34r:.

BJ-1DC

Could even switch to normal heatsinks and drop 2 points of head armor to fit another 1/2 ton of ammo.

#8 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWhere you don't want to be

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Already posted this in another thread, but this is currently the best Heavy build I have been able to cobble together, and the best one I've seen so far: Mr. Huge's Plasma Torch

The min-maxing advantages are many: It squeezes out absolutely everything possible from the match between tonnage, slots and ferro-fibrous; it uses the "sweet spot" 300XL engine; it uses PPCs rather than lasers and with the quirks added the sustained fire capability with just 13 DHS is just ludicrous; it can still provide cockpit shake and with the quirks on the AC/2s its ballistics profile is insane; it has the mobility and agility to defend itself against strafing runs from light mechs; it has the frankly superior Jagermech chassis profile... I could go on.

Basically, the only trick to playing this mech is learning some basic heat management and target lead. It suits my very scumbaggy playstyle to a tee.

#9 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

Cataphract 4x with 4 ac5s and cooldown module and enough ammo to swap some out for BAP or AMS depending on how thing are running. Like all Cata put up with it until you get the speed tweak. I am getting 3-5 kills/match in this thing including some 1v2 staring contest that I usually drop one and tear the other apart. It is an AC20 that fires almost as fast as an ac2. Make sure you are stranded in the open.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users