The Blooding

11 replies to this topic

#1 Garuss Acine

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

I am seeking to earn my place in the warrior caste by going testing in The Blooding.

If any clan units are running tests and have an odd number of cadets and would not mind a stray Star Adder showing up to test out with their lone cadet, I am all ears. Or perhaps other players not in a unit are wanting to do the same, can tag along as well.

I am just wanting to know what weight class of mech should be brought, what level the mech should be at(Basic, Elite, Mastered) and if modules are allowed or not.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear back soon.

Edited by Garuss Acine, 12 November 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#2 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWithin the Vision.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

The Spirit Cats will blood you if you wish to seek the Vision.

#3 Garuss Acine

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:30 PM

I am thankful for all the responses I have received so far.

However to make sure there is no confusion, I am not seeking a unit, I am simply seeking for a trial of position to be run to earn a place in the warrior caste.

#4 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

Traditionally the rite of passage to become a member of the warrior Caste is normally a trial of Blooding associated with joining a specific Clans Touman. All other forms of the Trial of position are then promotional attempts when then within the warrior Caste as an existing member of a Clan. Hence you can understand why you may have received invitations to join various units with the request for a trial of blooding.

http://www.sarna.net...i/Trials#Trials

http://www.sarna.net...ial_of_Position

#5 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

It is like asking to be a Soldier without joining the army... it kind of is a requirement

#6 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 17 November 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

It is like asking to be a Soldier without joining the army... it kind of is a requirement

Seyla, well said

#7 Garuss Acine

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

The trial is for joining the ranks of a clan touman, after completion the warrior is assigned to a unit. While there are plenty of units, there are no over clans to fall into. The trail as far as remember was never given to join one galaxy or cluster over the next. It was simply earning rank the right be in the warrior caste and then sent to where the clan needed the pilot.
Since there is not exactly true 'clan' in the game, I am just seeking to have a bit of rp/lore fun.

#8 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostGaruss Acine, on 18 November 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Since there is not exactly true 'clan' in the game, I am just seeking to have a bit of rp/lore fun.

In what way? there are many that follow very closely to clan ways. Including trials and the like. I do not understand what exactly it is you are looking for.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 18 November 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

In what way? there are many that follow very closely to clan ways. Including trials and the like. I do not understand what exactly it is you are looking for.

Apparently he just wants a Clan unit to let him fight a Trial of Position just for earning the rank of warrior, without actually join any unit. I think it can be done, i applaude the intention, however i must admit it is a bit odd :P

#10 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

Contact us Spirit Cat will put you through your trial.

#11 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

I am asking about "True" clan. does this even mean?

#12 Garuss Acine

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 18 November 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

View PostLucky Moniker, on 19 November 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

I am asking about "True" clan. does this even mean?

There may be units that strictly adhere to lore, and build a community from these lines, and then there may be those seeking to simply play how they like. There is nothing forcing individuals from sticking solidly to lore, save for themselves. Now if they had a more invested chain of command, that forced players to adhere to lore strictly, I would call the factions 'true' clans.

right now, I am seeing the clan factions as more like the Kindraa from Clan Fire Mandrill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users