Town Hall Meeting With Russ Bullock (Youtube Videos)

83 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

Greetings MechWarriors!

Russ Bullock will be online once more on NGNG's Twitch stream to discuss Community Warfare!

You can follow and watch NGNGTv here: http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv
The Town Hall will begin on Thursday, November 13th, 2014 at 6PM PST and will last for 2 hours.

See you there!

Here is the Town hall archive on YouTube! (in 2 parts)

PART 1

PART 2

#2 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:29 AM

Got Questions? We are collecting them here as well: http://www.nogutsnog...hp?topic=2521.0

Edited by Sean Lang, 13 November 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#3 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

Question for Russ:

Are you planning to go back and rework old maps to address balance and gameplay issues? If so, on what timeframe?

An example would be Forest Colony: much too small, no tactical options, geometry issues causing a performance hit (I think). Others I’d list would be Alpine, Terra Therma, River City.

#4 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

I have to post this, well just because.

So....UrbanMech....ETA?

-ST

#5 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

Question:
Some time ago it was mentioned that the amount of "space" controlled in CW by a faction will modify the amount of resourced you can earn by dropping and stuff like that
Considering that there will no doubtly be some factions with a lower population compared to others, what can be done to prevent bigger factions to "gang up" and take away planets from said factions and what benefits will players of these underpopulated factions have by fighting for them?

Question 2: are there plans for new weapons to be introduced later in the game? i for once would like to see some low tonnage ballistics to fill in the weight gap like LAC2

Question 3: any plans for new "bundles" or Clan hero mechs?

#6 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

Any new weapons to be implemented in a couple months or soon? Had a topic about it a while back, a Binary laser cannon. Another quick question would be if we should worry about the new maps having to much graphics and causing freezes like The Mining Collective did when it came out.

#7 Thomas de Ville

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 90 posts
  • LocationGermany / Terra

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hello got some questions for Russ:

a) When comes the falling back, when to mechs with different weight collide?(see the beta)
b ) Different circumstances(all Maps/Modi)
Like shattered (random droppoints of all mechs -like the Dropship was shot down)
or weather (Sunstorm - no ecm no instruments only shooting at targets in sight.
c) Beagle probe got no feedback -suggestion a circle on the radarscreen with enemy/team and shutdown mechs in range marked with differend collors,

If I can help send me an e-mail got some ideas. ;)

Edited by Thomas de Ville, 13 November 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#8 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

Here's my list! :D

1) Any chance on Mech collisions/knock-downs being implemented?

2) Any chance of the old Heat Vision (Predator Vision) making a come-back?

3) Update on JJs? When can we expect our jump turn rate to be decoupled from engine size so that JJs can be buffed for turn rate bonuses as stated in one of the Command Chair Posts?

4) Can we expect to see Death from Above implemented any time soon?

Edit: One big one I want to add:

5) Can we have an update on the Mentorship Systems?

Edited by Nightmare1, 13 November 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#9 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for the info!

#10 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

Now that all weight classes in the queue are heavily influenced by the mechs released, could we abstain from the 3,3,3,3 rule and go to a 5,4,3,3 match making?

#11 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostBSK, on 13 November 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Now that all weight classes in the queue are heavily influenced by the mechs released, could we abstain from the 3,3,3,3 rule and go to a 5,4,3,3 match making?

That's a lot of mechs. Don't know if I want to see 30 mechs on the field.

#12 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:55 AM

With drop decks being set at 240 at least initially I was curious on how soon after launch we will see other drop sizes for some planets? For instance some planets might be only 200 tons while others are 300 tons.

Also I have seen some talk that you might remove 3/3/3/3 in the group queue to be replaced by tonnage limits as it would make things easier on the MM. While I'm not a fan of the 3/3/3/3 setup it is at least more tolerable than a tonnage based system that prevents people from playing mechs they enjoy and/or paid money for. Would you consider removing weight and class restrictions instead as it would have the same effect without pissing people off?

Edited by WarHippy, 13 November 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#13 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostBilbo, on 13 November 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

That's a lot of mechs. Don't know if I want to see 30 mechs on the field.

Please stay out of this thread unless you want to get banned for trolling. Of course the number of mechs stays the same when I speak of adjusted limits per weight class ..

#14 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

Are we thinking of moving away from 3/3/3/3 and towards tonnage in the group queue? The tonnage event was the first event I can think of where the quality of matches actually went up instead of down.

I also posted these on reddit:

CW:

Are you really dropping all the normal maps and game modes from CW leaving it 100% Invasion? If that is the plan, can you explain why?

A preview of the time windows pls? Can we at least find out how many hours per day you are expecting at launch? 12/24? 8/24? 6/24?

Population imbalances. What are you planning to do to prevent population imbalances between factions from being a huge problem? Every video game ever with multiple npc factions for players to join eventually has issues with this if they don't plan for it.

Are there any ideas on the table to make some kind of Matching in CW so that bads/newbs/casuals/small groups actually play in CW? Put another way, what makes you think that people who refuse to play in the group queue will touch CW? Elo won't work but 100% pure FIFO sounds too brutal for words.

Clan vs IS:

Will we ever see a Clan vs IS test ALONG WITH a weekend challenge in the group queue? This would give data from: better players, playing more seriously. Instead of solo queue data with all the vagaries that represents. Double bonus points if you make it so players can earn the reward twice once with clan and once with IS. That way players can see for themselves which is stronger because if there is imbalance they will take longer to get the wins with one side.

How happy are you with the ClanXL drawback? Most players seem to say its barely noticeable.

Edited by Hoax415, 13 November 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#15 CrazyWorm9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:08 PM

posted this at ngng but will post here too

once CW is implemented will we see timeline skips so new weapons and mechs can be introduced that otherwise we have to wait 20 yrs for?

and when CW is out how will events unfold or players be updated to what important battles happened? will there be a regular newsfeed or will it be just hover over planets to see who won control?

thanks crazyworm aces wild

Edited by CrazyWorm, 13 November 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#16 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostBSK, on 13 November 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

Please stay out of this thread unless you want to get banned for trolling. Of course the number of mechs stays the same when I speak of adjusted limits per weight class ..

Chill out man. All he said was he wasn't sure he would be ok with 30 mechs on the field. You said 5,4,3,3 matching which would be 15 mechs per side. Maybe look at what he said and understand you mistyped?

#17 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostHoax415, on 13 November 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

How happy are you with the ClanXL drawback? Most players seem to say its barely noticeable.

Just like in an IS mech when you blow off half the mech.

#18 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostBSK, on 13 November 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

Calm down there fella, that is not at all apparent from your original post.

#19 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:21 PM

1, Question: Conquest, have you considered randomized cap locations?

Background explanation: Conquest mode and randomized capture point locations (aswell as team drop locations) would increase the replay value of maps by a factor of 100 since new tactics would be called for and even improvised per drop. Currently, we have a set of tested and true tactics for all Conquest maps, you know where it is likely to fight and the terrain plays out much in the same way. By randomizing (not totally but in a equidistant manner to the teams) we increase the challenge and can use points of the maps we never normally visit.

2, Question: In CW, have you considered using the game modes as wins with advantages?

Background explanation: For example, in the initial stage of invasion the defenders should hold a resource edge given that they have the whole planet to draw on. At the same time, the defenders advantage would not be overwhelming given they can't be everywhere, that is the benefit of the attackers as they can pick and choose where to strike (plus their initial supplies are preplanned for a certain period). This could take the shape of marginally faster respawns for defenders in the early stages of the campaign and shifting when the invasion gains more control over resources. Conquest could even be required for certain benefits to be utilised, like fuel for dropships influencing the drop timer etc.

#20 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

There are some Clan mechs that could desperately use the availability of alternate Omnipods, mainly the Ice Ferret and Summoner. Please ask Russ if they are looking into injecting them into the game. The specific pods people have suggested are:

Ice Ferret -
Alt. B - LA w/ 1E, 1M
Alt. D - RA w/ 2E

Summoner
Alt. F - LA/RA each w/ 1E, 1B
Alt. I - LA/RA each w/ 3E
Alt. M - LT w/ 1E, 1M

These are timeline appropriate pods that could really help these mechs out.

Edited by Kevjack, 13 November 2014 - 12:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users