Town Hall Meeting With Russ Bullock (Youtube Videos)

83 replies to this topic

#21 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

Questions about Elo ratings. What is the typical range of ratings within teams? We've hear a fair amount about the difference in rating between teams. There is a lot of talk and speculation that the matchmaker is grouping really good players with really bad players in order to make a team to face really average players. How often does that happen? Does the MM take the variance within teams into account when creating matches?

#22 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

will you ever put all clan players on one side and all IS players on the other?
or is that going to be part of CW?

and are all clans going to be introduced in a package form or will we see clan mechs come out like most of the inner sphere mechs?

#23 Legend_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

Competitive question; Following the announcement that Marik Civil War are getting help from PGI in regards to prizes and such, are there any plans for PGI to assist or sponsor other community run competitions.

A prime example of this would be the MRBC league. Not only is it likely the biggest community run competition in MWO right now but it also has an exceptional amount of European players, a vast market that could grow even bigger still.

#24 stillnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSolaris V.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

Hey Russ! Two Questions:

Any idea when Clan Hero Mechs will be announced?

Also, any chance that there will be a Daily Missions implemented?(I made a thread about this about a month ago)

Here is the link: http://mwomercs.com/...daily-missions/

#25 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

Question: CW is really right around the corner, any chance you could get someone to put together a teaser trailer? (30 sendos with one eject)

Question: Considering how many features are being dropped all at once (1-2 maps, ejection, drop decks, cw) have you considered rolling one or more features out to the public test servers for preview and stress test prior to the big release?

#26 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

Question about maps:
  • How often can we expect new maps now that you've got all the assets (textures, buildings, plants, etc) and will start to recycle these for new desert maps, urban maps, jungle maps, etc?
  • Can you give a rough percentage of how many maps will only be used for dropship mode and CW versus maps that are only used for quick games with skirmish, assault and conquest?
  • Will some maps be available for both dropship mode and the old game modes?

#27 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostThomas de Ville, on 13 November 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Hello got some questions for Russ:

a) When comes the falling back, when to mechs with different weight collide?(see the beta)
b ) Different circumstances(all Maps/Modi)
Like shattered (random droppoints of all mechs -like the Dropship was shot down)
or weather (Sunstorm - no ecm no instruments only shooting at targets in sight.
c) Beagle probe got no feedback -suggestion a circle on the radarscreen with enemy/team and shutdown mechs in range marked with differend collors,

If I can help send me an e-mail got some ideas. ;)

This guy has some good ideas.. contact him.

View PostBSK, on 13 November 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

Please stay out of this thread unless you want to get banned for trolling. Of course the number of mechs stays the same when I speak of adjusted limits per weight class ..

You sound more like a troll than he does. All he said was 30 mechs on the field are too man. Imagine the added LRM chaos 6 extra mechs would cause.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 13 November 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#28 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

Heres a question why have the rewards for narcing enemies just completely disappeared?

#29 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostBilbo, on 13 November 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Calm down there fella, that is not at all apparent from your original post.

It is, as it is written RIGHT at the beginning. Just keep posting and derail a thread on the front page.

Light mechs were down to 1% today, lets see if we get 40% with the release of the Mist Lynx.

#30 Sougard

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

Question: Are you considering running an extended (24+ hours) IS vs Clan test on live servers in the nearest future?

#31 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostLan, on 13 November 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

1, Question: Conquest, have you considered randomized cap locations?

Background explanation: Conquest mode and randomized capture point locations (aswell as team drop locations) would increase the replay value of maps by a factor of 100 since new tactics would be called for and even improvised per drop. Currently, we have a set of tested and true tactics for all Conquest maps, you know where it is likely to fight and the terrain plays out much in the same way. By randomizing (not totally but in a equidistant manner to the teams) we increase the challenge and can use points of the maps we never normally visit.

I like your idea to make maps more 'replayable' since new maps are SO slow to come out of the pipeline. They should come up with ways to utilize the same maps but give the player a different experience with each game.

#32 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

Here are a couple for you, Russ:
  • GENERAL Are there plans for a more efficient way to track bug reports and new feature requests? I am talking about something like Uservoice or GetSatisfaction.
  • MAPS When will the maps get a severe gameplay pass that includes removal of hard to see obstacles (like those pesky River City statues) and creation of new access routes (like a new alternate climbing ramp for PUG hill in Alpine, for instance).
  • MAPS/GAMEMODES Any chance we could have random or more than one drop location setup for each game mode? I feel that maps like Alpine or Tourmaline on Skirmish mode, could benefit from that as new areas are explored.
  • UI When will he have a engine/module locator in the UI?
  • UI Will the Smurfy-like mechlab be online before the end of the year, or will we get that only after Phase 2?
Thank you!

#33 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

Any plans of implementing the 'paperdoll' style layout in the UI when equipping a mech? This would greatly facilitate building a mech as this would avoid click on each.. individual.. body... part. See smurfy's website, nice and simple.

#34 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

Any plans to sell custom hangars for MC?

For example: hangar with a view to faction-specific cities. Or with faction-specific mechs patrolling in the background. Parts of the hangar with changeable colors. Purchase insignias and banners with MC to decorate hangar.

#35 Strongpaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSouth of Montreal

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

Balance question 2 parts

1 ) When will the Dirty Nerf on my Nova's ( The only mech in the game that gets a heat penalty for having Small and Medium lasers on the same mech) go Away

and
2 ) If not then do I Get 500$ a week back for you ruining my gold Nova package?

#36 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

I know it was NOT intended, but a lot of people have taken your (Russ's) comments as if you're throwing IGP under the bus. Could you share 2 things were the relationship with IGP helped Mechwarrior and helped PGI?

CW:
what effect do you think splitting the player base between "play now" and "faction" game play will have? Does Mechwarrior have a large enough population size to sustain 3 different game modes and faction queues?

#37 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

Questions:

Any plans of adding Classic game mode, for stock mech to rummble?

If not, I'm interested if:

Will CW feature that only stock configurations to battle as hard-core battletech experience?

Thanks for your time answering on our questions Russ. :)

#38 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostBSK, on 13 November 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

It is, as it is written RIGHT at the beginning. Just keep posting and derail a thread on the front page.

Light mechs were down to 1% today, lets see if we get 40% with the release of the Mist Lynx.

no it´s not, i gotta agree with the others... you were asking for 5433, which can easily be confused with 15 mechs per side... honestly, i still don´t really know what you are asking for... if it´s a "dynamic" matchmaking based on the numbers in the que, you kaybe should make that clearer...

TOPIC... QUESTION: will PGI consider to show the CPTL C1 more love? compared to other mechs that weren´t all that popular pre-quirk, it got some very weak/ basic quirks, while others got nearly overwhelming ones...

founders cat would love to be taken out more... example: some higher general energy and missle quirks instead of comparibly low specialized ones...

((i realize it has jumpjets, and you added a general rule to handle JJ mechs differently... but the JJ don´t make it more attractive than alot of other mechs... one might get to the conclusion you hate us elite catapult founders... ))

Edited by Alex Warden, 13 November 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#39 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

I had a couple additional questions occur to me:

Would you be amenable to adding an ongoing “daily quest” for C-Bills similar to what you might find in an MMO? An example would be “win X matches in Y different mechs in 24 hours for a C-Bill payout.” (The idea came up originally in this thread.)

If we have feedback on the quirkening, what’s the best or most useful way to provide it?

#40 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:35 PM

Question:

Why are you not using the existing maps and game modes for CW in conjunction with the new invasion mode/map? PGI have spent a lot of time and resources creating them, it would be silly not utilise them for CW as well.

Further, you could use the existing game modes and maps as a lead up to the larger invasion mode to create an immersive planet conquering feel. e.g. assault or skirmish to establish a landing zone, conquest to establish resources, additional assault/skirmish matches to progress and finally invasion. It doesn't have to be exactly linear but you get the idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users