#1 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hi guys,

I'm new to coding but not new to Battletech and mechwarrior.

The reddit link explains it better, but I made a tonnage calculator for the tons of fun weekend that focused of member involvement, ie the group members select their own mech with updates pushed to everyone.

I'll update the tonnage rules as they change(if they change) when this type of comp happens again.
Check it out and feel free to pop suggestions of improvements or ever different directions to take and i'll give it a go to code up.

There is no database backend or complicated login, its quick and dirty and if you want it all to disappear the dropship will delete when either the server reboots or the last member leaves.

http://www.reddit.co...ate_than_never/

direct link is http://tonnesoffun.azurewebsites.net/

cheers

#2 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

While it's cool that you have the ambition and effort to invest in something like this, I don't know that what you've put together is any easier than just pulling up the calculator functon on my computer and just running numbers through there.

#3 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

Well just fancy calculator as you said.

Gets member buy in as they know what mechs they have or have not available.
When the invasion and dropship mode rules I'll update it as a selectable rule set so members can add a series of 4 mechs per member. The mech details and initial list are pulled from pgi's api so it'll update when new mechs are added.

Thinking of adding and rss feed to the front page so players can use it as an LFM notices for dropships made and destroyed.

Cheers

#4 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

Update: Building a new version for the MRBC.
Check out the reddit.

Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users