So Which Clan Is Most Like The Bene Tleilaxu?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Idisvali

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

...and is anyone forming a 'The Society' unit? Or is it a bit early?

What clan has the experimentation, dissembling of hidden motives, great plan for the future and most reclusive character?

#2 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

I'm writing material for the Political intrigue of the Snow Ravens...

#3 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

Ah yes the most stupid part of the worst series of books. Please more.

#4 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:53 PM

Clan Black Sheep has been a long standing Dark/Bandit Caste Representative. I wrote up a Lore inspired and timeline following account of Our Creation by Nicholas Kerensky (who treated me as if I was Family [Respected Uncle] as well as his, mother and father and brother while we took off out of SLDF space for parts unknown (yes my persona is over 300 years old, due to an unknown side affect of a believed to be failed Longevity pharmaceutical by a Jealous Rival who used it as a poison in response to me gaining the affection of a woman who didnt even know he was interested in her a few years before the Exodus)as the SpecOp's of the Clans with no Grand Council Oversight. But its still just FanFic. Now Goliath Scorpions are the 'Religious Nuts' and Blood Spirit I would consider to be the Fundamentalists of the Clans, but neither of them I would say are Reclusive. The bene Tleilaxu arent so much reclusive as they are secretive, just like the Bene Geserit and Mentats so as to maintain their Niche in the Universe/ Just because the Tleilaxu also have Muslimistic religion at their core.

#5 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

Posted Image

Greetings Idisvali, I though I would make you aware of The Dark Born. The earliest and most established player unit representing specifically the Clan Dark Caste in MWO.

The Dark Born represents elements of the Dark Caste from Clan society, who are associated as nefarious characters from multiple origins. Normally represented as bandits within the Clan worlds they also have mercantile and other associations deep within its Dark recesses. Please note however that this unique kind of game play will be treated with some maturity and that respect to other pilots in MWO will be expected. So other than reasonable RP elements presented as part of the role to make the experience more enjoyable, any personal disrespect to other players or units outside of this context will not be tolerated.

The Dark Born community then represents both lone wolves and pilots interested in playing in more team work orientated game play like 12 man competitions though the focus of the game play will be orientated towards Community Warfare where the use of the Clan Loyalist faction will be employed for game play options initially but also the ability to switch factional allegiances for alternative tech use (this will be decided by the group). This recognising a complete spectrum of player interests from casuals to more competitive as well as veterans or newer players. The Dark Born is a Bandit group and a site for individual lone wolf players who want to play this game with a more "criminal" perspective as part of Clan society. This with a hope that PGI will represent this style of game play with a little more capability in the future.

The community has both a forum site and TS3 Server with various tools and links to other community sites to give a comprehensive guidance to playing MWO in the Dark Caste. This includes training aspects and guides that are being incorporated to help pilots in their various team games with an appropriate command structure known as "The Silk" to also help guide these interests. In addition new features are being developed as alternative trial systems different from Clan Zellbringen that helps personify the interests of this group better. A training course for orientation is in development with a view to expanding the pilot training requirements as things progress and become more established.

Diplomatic interests with other groups are also being established to help provide gameplay opportunities and further social interests as the Dark Born group develops. This also identifies with the idea of respectfully keeping player and RP interests separate despite obvious canon associations with the Clans. As such we are representative as part of the Clan society and their community interests being included in the Clan community forums etc.

The Dark Born site can be found here: [color=blue]http://mwodarkborn.enjin.com[/color] which includes the TS3 server details for use. So even if you want to join as a visitor or lone wolf before considering committing to joining more organised elements of the unit this is acceptable where the interest with this element of game play and Clan society exists in MWO.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies, and bacon doughnuts dipped in JD.

Regards,

Noesis
Governor

#6 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:38 AM

View PostNoesis, on 15 November 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

Cool picture! Very Underworld Deathdealer like

View PostNaglinator, on 14 November 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Ah yes the most stupid part of the worst series of books. Please more.

Which books?

#7 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 15 November 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

Which books?
Frank Herbert's Dune saga.

#8 Asheron Storm

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

I'm not sure what this Bene Tleilaxu is, but it sounds like the appropriate answer is "Cloud Cobra".

Here's why:

Cloud Cobra is scientificly advanced, religious fundamentalists who are secretive and reclusive. They are masters of political intrigue who have no true enemies. (The proof follows)

Cloud Cobra are a scientifically advanced clan: having been one of the key developers of the clans genetic engineering and eugenics programs. They have maintained a top-of-the-line aerospace force and, while their mech forces lag behind, they have helped other clans (mostly ghostbear and star adder) in developing mechs. Recently, their most remarkable technological endeavor has been the development of the Sylph VTOL Battle Armor and their training of Elemental-aerospace hybrid pilots to use their battle armor.

Cloud Cobra is Religious Fundamentalists. As some clans are divided into Bloodname-houses or Kindraa, Cloud Cobra divides itself into cloisters. Although the Cloisters might seem to have many religious and political differences, they never get into any serious fighting between them, owing in part to their unified over-riding belief in "The Way". Cloud Cobra's faith in "The Way" has been spread to most (if not all) other clans, and has even spread to the inner-sphere. "The Way" is inscrutable. It causes the clan to change course of action without a moment's notice. No one seems to blame them for this, and they always seem profit from these changes in some fashion, though other clans never seem to notice.

Cloud Cobra is Secretive, being the controlling partner of the tanite worlds (along with Star Adder, who replaced clan Burrock). No other clan knows about these worlds (Which are also a haven for the dark caste and the remnants of clan Burrock). It's even possible that Cloud Cobra is keeping the Dark Caste and Clan Burrock remnants around on purpose. Cloud Cobra also secretly maintains trade and communications with those clans who went to the inner-sphere, even after the home-world clans voted to exile the failed invaders. They have also been covering-up known problems with the clan genetic engineering program for generations. Other clans have noticed them "claim-jumping" genetic lines, but they haven't figured out why.

Cloud Cobra is reclusive, having started off as a military under-dog (they had the only clan founder who was a non-combatant, Wyndham Khatib was Kerensky's chaplain). The clan has been picked on by the "scavenger clans" who perceived them as being weak. Although they have been able to defend themselves, they have never been able to bring their mech forces up to the levels of the more militaristic clans, so they try to fly under the radar whenever possible. Politically, they tend to engage other clans "just long enough", then slink back into the shadows. They have some bitter rivals, but no enemies. They have loyal allies (notably Star Adder and Ghost Bear), but no real "friends". In fact, they are so reclusive and secretive, many clanners probably didn't even know what I told you here.

Sadly, I've only seen one or two posts trying to start up a Cloud Cobra unit ever since I joined the alpha of this game. Because very few people know about them, and they tend to achieve their goals through politics or through aero-space superiority rather than mechs, it's difficult to find people who really want to play them.

I'd also like to note that Cloud Cobra has the Stiener bloodname and a penchant for political maneuvering which could give them a relatively peaceful path to taking over leadership of the Inner-Sphere.

Edited by Asheron Storm, 15 November 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#9 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

The conspiracy theory is that Clan Coyote created the society and sabotage the HPG network during the wars of reaving so that the IS would not know what was happening in the homeworlds, which is why they were targeted for annihilation but it was never carried out because IKhan Brett Andrews was killed by the clan cloud serpent Khan at a clan council meeting. But absorbed warriors of Clan Burrock also played a role in the society

Edited by Grimwill, 16 November 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#10 nimrodusmaximus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

Someone should form a Bene Tleilaxu guild just so people can say "Beware the dirty Tleilaxu". I'd join just for the name.

#11 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users