#21 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostEclair Farron, on 18 November 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

... I'm not a Banshee pilot but in my opinion it depends on the situation. If you like/prefer close combats I would use LBX canons.
I'm not that standart AC user. Definately not a Ultra AC user, because of jamming issues. Give me some LBX guns and I'm satisfied.

Ultra AC's never jam unless you tap repeatedly on the trigger. Hold it down, no jam. Smaller guns (one slot less), more focussed damage.

Standard Clan AC's have their place: While they still burst fire like the Ultra AC's, they tend to have lower heat values and other different stats.

#22 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

Do whatever you can with the group/chain-firing. For me, it's just not worth chain-firing because say hypothetical a light or medium runs into your little corner. The 3E can annihilate their CT faster than many other mechs simply because it forces you to have (pretty much) only 2 main weapon groups. So alpha them if you want with 3AC5s and your lasers and boom; the other team is down a Cicada or Centurion. Make use of the rocking effect and damage. Hope this helps.

Otherwise, might I recommend using the double-LBX build mentioned already. If you want to spread damage, and rock your enemy's cockpits, this is a very useful build. For me I run it with an LPL and mls or just 4MPLs to focus fire on the weakened parts of the guy I previously hit with LBXs to swipe their component, or on assaults at least open up a torso for my teammates as I back off. Remember not to rush in and be the center of attention with this mech too, if the enemy is already distracted and lost you as a target than stay beside and behind your teammies as they take opportunity of your LBX/mpl wounds and suppress so long as they don't walk in front of you. Avoid friendly fire.

Edited by Zephonarch II, 26 November 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#23 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 26 November 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Ultra AC's never jam unless you tap repeatedly on the trigger. Hold it down, no jam. Smaller guns (one slot less), more focussed damage.

Standard Clan AC's have their place: While they still burst fire like the Ultra AC's, they tend to have lower heat values and other different stats.

What's the point of taking UAC5's if you never use their burst fire capability?
You waste 1 ton and the advantage of burst dps.

#24 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

What's everybody's opinion on the 2x UAC5 + 2x AC2 build? Std engine, 4 MLas, endo.
I've been running it lately just to get a sense of variety - I'm new to assault mechs and I haven't elited the Banshee's yet.

I simply can't get the meta 3x AC5 + 2x LLas to work for me at all.

#25 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:42 AM

View PostHalcyon201, on 03 December 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

What's the point of taking UAC5's if you never use their burst fire capability?
You waste 1 ton and the advantage of burst dps.
you have the option. My post is also referencing _clan_ autocannons: clan ultra autocannons are smaller than regular autocannons and lbx autocannons. As such, there's plenty of reason to take clan ultra autocannons and only rarely (if ever) burst fire.

#26 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostTarogato, on 04 December 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

What's everybody's opinion on the 2x UAC5 + 2x AC2 build? Std engine, 4 MLas, endo.
I've been running it lately just to get a sense of variety - I'm new to assault mechs and I haven't elited the Banshee's yet.

I simply can't get the meta 3x AC5 + 2x LLas to work for me at all.

I used to run that on my 3E but I got tired of the limited ammo. Doing that setup forces you to take different ammo types, and since the AC2 fires faster you have to factor in a ratio between the ammo types so one doesn't run out before the other.
The burst damage is nice if the gun doesn't jam.

3x AC5 is solid. You have consistent damage and you know it will never jam. The Banshee is slow enough that when you expose yourself to deal damage you want to have reliable guns. Having both ultras jam means you're plinking with your itty AC2 and taking damage in the face because your reverse is too slow to return you to cover until the ultras un-jam.

Ultras on the CTF-IM are perfect since that thing can pop in and out of cover to deliver burst damage and hide again until the jams clear.

#27 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

I use 1 UAC5 + 2 AC2s + 2 LLs, I chain the lasers and alpha the ballistics, basically a straight up direct damage stream, had my highest daamge game in it with 1780, its a beast. Also I love huge XLs in my banshees so i go XL 380.

#28 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm curious... how much ammo do you usually take?

Right now I have 5 tons for the AC2 and 4 tons for the UAC5. I've never run out, and I usually have twice as much AC2 ammo left at the end match compared to my UAC5 ammo. I'm just going to trade an AC2 for a UAC5 ammo and call it a day - I've never run out of either.

Oh, and how do you rack up damage without dying? When I shoot things, they shoot back, and my cockpit shakes and I start missing or die. Doesn't seem to matter whether I chain or group fire, I die really fast if anything looks at me. Front armour is 66/107/66 at the moment.

Edited by Tarogato, 04 December 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#29 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:14 AM

As most others on this post have said, I would definitely group fire the 3 AC5s.

That said (and granted, I haven't run my Banshees since the quirks went in due to leveling my clan mechs) I run a different build on my 3E.

2xUAC5
2xLL
2xML
2xMG

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...90714c9dd551f9c

I find that it provides a lot of the same face smashing and sustained dps ability as the 3xAC5+ML or PPC builds but also provides a greater up close rip from the MGs. I will have to re-evaluate when I go back to them given the new quirks but the 3E and the 3S are by far my favorite mechs and have by far my highest K/D ratios.

#30 Aska Kriget

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

Well I use 3 PPc's and 2 Lbx 10's. I chain fire the ppc's and group the lbx. You can group the PPc's but the Ghost Heat is insane. The effect is great though constant PPC fire pus an additional double lbx salvo wrecks face.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users