Lrm, Liberation Radar Munitions! Over / Under Powered?

43 replies to this topic

Poll: LRM, Liberation Radar Munitions! (54 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do you Feel about the LRMs?

1. Like All 3 LRM LOS Concepts, (7 votes [12.96%])

Percentage of vote: 12.96%

2. Like LRM LOS Spread Concept, (10 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

3. Like LRM LOS Damage Concept, (1 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

4. Like LRM LOS Speed Concept, (3 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. No LRMs are Fine as is, (26 votes [48.15%])

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

6. Other(Post) (7 votes [12.96%])

Percentage of vote: 12.96%

LRM BUFF/OK/NERF Secontion!

1. NERF! NERF! (4 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

2. NERF! (3 votes [5.56%])

3. OK! (23 votes [42.59%])

Percentage of vote: 42.59%

4. BUFF! (3 votes [5.56%])

5. BUFF! BUFF! (2 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

6. Rawr im a Dinosaur! (19 votes [35.19%])

Percentage of vote: 35.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 15 March 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Speak to me in English, pustule! Insect! "r u cerial?!" indeed. If you are a CHILD continue to speak thus.

It's somewhat hard to resist to pop a "u super cereal?". Instead of getting mean, i'll leave it be. Have a nice day, mr. old man, sir.

View PostVinJade, on 15 March 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Need I remind you that Clan APs does not do it for all ECM units but one at a time, PPCs only screw with it for such limited time that you could never get a lock on it before you lose it, "..." ECM is the only counter against itself.

Afaik IS BAP also works only against one ECM, the difference between IS and Clan is that IS BAP will target the nearest ECM mech, while Clan BAP must lock onto the specific ECM mech directly.

#42 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

In general, I see lots of complaining regarding LRM’s, however 95% of those complaining are not running AMS either. If the enemy uses AMS, and sport an ECM mech or two, LRM’s are close to useless. Especially the 6x LRM5 streams gets shut down quickly by some AMS cover.
Also, in MWO today, there are ECMs in close to every match, and that alone have had a huge impact on LRM effectivity, especially for those firing from up to max range. However, many of the ECM mechs, like the lights, tend to run off keeping friendlies outside of the bubble. In addition, the team are often not good at keeping inside the Atlas ECM bubble either.

I don’t see any reason to nerf the LURMS before ppl start using countermeasures properly. I have some LRM boats myself, like the Catapult A1 with no slots for secondary weaponry, but also on my other Catapults I choose to run missile only simply because by the time I need them everything already going sideways, and a couple of ML’s won’t change much on these builds. Other builds are more balanced, like my LRM Warhawk with 5MLs. However, I have a different style playing that one.

I consider myself a rather skilled pilot, and proper LRM’ing are not straight forward. LRM’s are splash/spread damage weapons, and thus running a 300dmg round just don’t cut it. 500dmg minimum or I consider it a bad round. I do not count kills when LRM’ing. I’m usually on the front line, and the laser and dakka folks bitching about LRM’ers tend to stay behind further back. 70% of my LRM shots are from less than 400m, exceptions are taged, narced or UAV-spotted enemies, or enemies engaging friendlies and my LRM boat of choice is the A1. The rest are suppression fire to prevent enemy from moving safely, forcing them to hide, where hits are considered a bonus.

However, as of late, doing good rounds in this mech is no longer a walk in the park, exceptions are when the enemy have little or no protection, or they **** up by not using what they have. That is not the fault of LRM pilots or LRMs being OP. More and more often large portions of the round are with no locks lasting long enough to land a volley if you are more than 2-300m away due to the number of ECM mechs deploying these days. In these rounds, inexperienced LRM boat pilots might as well be AFKs, and are a huge drawback for the team.

Friendly players refusing to lock and keep lock, and yes I know many of you could have kept those locks, does not make things better. There simply are not enough to gain by spotting, much less bringing narc or tags. Instead, I get people bitching about how I ruin their duel if I shoot at and/or kill the enemy mech they are circling with.

Even if I engage from within 400m I try to remain under cover as the even the most unskilled enemy pilot is able to hit those huge pods on each arm. When I run my LRM/SSRM C4 I move out of cover more often to remain in the firing range for both weapon systems, but I cannot remember the last time I used that one. Nerfing indirect fire LRM’s does not make the game better, simply because LRMs are not OP. In addition, your first example of LRM players are no longer valid in a huge number of games. Ok, the players might be there, but they do not achieve jack **** other than making peoples lock warnings flash a bit.

#43 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:29 AM

LOS bonus speed ??? Like anyone can make their rockets move faster with only a glance.
Likewise LOS bonus to damage ???
I would love to try that greenery too ;)

Edited by DuoAngel, 06 April 2015 - 02:32 AM.

#44 Kyrs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

The LOS spread to me seems to be the logical choice.
I would also add to the fact that the current AMS system force player to BOAT missile or just not use them. The AMS system that reduce to amount of missile via a percentage and not a hard fix number would help balance things. (Light with one or two lrm5 are totally broken.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users