222 replies to this topic

#141 Artur Valour

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 129 posts
  • LocationTexas, Holy Terra

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

Well Done PGI! I have been playing since closed beta and have never been more excited about the game... Can't wait for Community Warfare!

#142 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostArtur Valour, on 18 November 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Well Done PGI! I have been playing since closed beta and have never been more excited about the game... Can't wait for Community Warfare!

That makes two of us! *Crosses Fingers* All I want for Christmas..... =]

#143 Jorunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

I love the more regular vlogs, the coverage and presentation is great. Seeing the hard work you all do behind the scenes to bring us this amazing game shows how much you all love it. I am truly addicted and am looking forward to more maps. Now that I have all my Timbers and Banshee's I don't know if I need any other mechs, you'll have to do something special at the heavy/assault end to get me excited.

I love the Mining Collective map and can't wait to play the Viridian Bog. Beautiful work!

#144 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

Well done, PGI. I'm having loads of fun in the new swamp map. Thank you!

#145 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostJTSR, on 19 November 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Hi CSJ,

yup your right to asses the creature by its appearance and classify it that way, science has been doing that since time in memorial. However animals and insects of various species have been known to mimic, so there is always a potential to miss identify :D bet PGI art dept will say nothing lest they open the flood gates of scientific speculation B) lol.

as to the weight issue i agree except for the fact our Mechs are running around on these surfaces with no penalty, so it would suggest the actual surface is not a true quagmire of a swamp but rather firm underneath ...i may regret saying that PGI might impose a movement penalty on the map in the watery parts :ph34r: .

oh a Jason Mech, how cool :lol: ...bugger you just gave me the prefect entry to the Halloween art work comp...bugger bugger :D lol

ok with this reasoning can bring everything in BT, whether useful or not ... but it has then no more BT but a poor copy of any other mainstream SF universes :) the next target please ...antigrav Mechs, 400t Mechs,Athmosphereflying Battleships, all perfect for BT universe...

Lucky..
well, that the trees are indestructible, otherwise would be in this cattle sure there is no more ... what it actually feeds, the daily food requirements would have a Argentinosaurus-gang match, only to have enough energy to have for getting around, but most likely it will beam by itself the swamp, and gravity there is probably even lower than in the Terran moon: D therefore necessary Jumpjets :D
Since no bones are visible and no skeleton, it can only be an invertebrate, regardless of whether or not mimic, mimicry and serves mostly to protect themselves from predators, so there run 800m high anteatersin this flat Swamp?

Every creature is tailored to its environment, it can no longer grow, as the environment permits, by providing adequate food, gravity ...

to be able to supply those animal (terrestrial planet) with oxygen (even without tracheae) would be an oxygen concentration of 100% or more necessary ... a spark and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

this creature is a absolutly unrealistic Animal, in a Universe with more realistic touch a other SF Universe...its no CBT more creepy Dark Age Kidding

Edited by CSJ Ranger, 20 November 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#146 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostCSJ Ranger, on 20 November 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

Stuff.

Boring! Get over it.
Sci-Fi universe dude.
They have an explanation for the giant bugs. Apparently you didn't read it.
Your ability to breakdown a non terrestrial biology (xeno-biology) is seriously lacking.
Stop trying to bring everyone down.

#147 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

I have been hating on Forest Colony for so long im glab you made a map that is worse in everyway. With thermal vision you can see the mech but not the terrain, with normal vision you can see the fog and the immediate terrain but not the mech. The map is also small, like very small, the vid made it look much bigger.

Again, the locust has a windshield almost impossible to see out of unlike most mech on that singular map, fix that please, i found myself enjoying being dead and spectating others on that map because you can actually see out.

Edited by DAYLEET, 23 November 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#148 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostTopa101, on 04 December 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Pilots! please go to the NGNG forum or any other MWO forum,
and petition to have "Waypoint Commands" incentivised with CBill's.
Also, winning Commanders rewards, for putting your units in successful positions on the battle field.

In my opinion this will improve Cogent mech play in all battles.

I'm not finding it, can you throw up a link please? =] I would ABSOLUTELY vote for that!

#149 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostTopa101, on 04 December 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Pilots! please go to the NGNG forum or any other MWO forum,
and petition to have "Waypoint Commands" incentivised with CBill's.
Also, winning Commanders rewards, for putting your units in successful positions on the battle field.

In my opinion this will improve Cogent mech play in all battles.

Dude, you take command in every match you drop in, attempt to get the team to go to murder central, and expect PUG teams to listen.... learn the maps better, come up with feasible tactics and act like you KNOW what you are doing and people will listen, they are lemmings, being rude in match will never get you listened to.... look at your "command" track record

#150 C4RNAGE

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLast known orbit ->Inautus

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

Yes the map refreshment :

1.FOREST COLONY are too narrow make them wider more square'ish more space on the water use the hills in the water so we can go behind them :).

2.CAUSTIC VALLEY some more buildings around could help with cover from enemy lrm's.

3.And the ORODRUIN where u throw in "THE RING the ONE" - i will cut in the half so the volcano is on the border or make it narrower - bit too big map.

4.RIVER CITY bit too small add 20%-30% of the surface would improve a lot.

5.AHhh almost forgot the 100 tons mechs walking around and the is no track of them on the ground left no marks stay ?
Do they hover above the ground :)? I know they left the marks for short time but they gone after few seconds :((.

The tracks should be visible this will be helpful for ALPINE PEAKS and some other maps.

So please ... waiting for improvements . :)

#151 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

I have to ask will the clans be getting new omnipods from other configurations because currently some of the mechs lack a good missle omnipod like the Nova and the Dire wolf.

#152 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostUminix, on 05 December 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Dude, you take command in every match you drop in, attempt to get the team to go to murder central, and expect PUG teams to listen.... learn the maps better, come up with feasible tactics and act like you KNOW what you are doing and people will listen, they are lemmings, being rude in match will never get you listened to.... look at your "command" track record

You must have played with this person in game... I don't really know them. I didn't take anything negative from what he was saying. Care to elaborate? I think people who command well should be awarded with higher pay, am I wrong?

#153 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostSandtiger, on 23 December 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

You must have played with this person in game... I don't really know them. I didn't take anything negative from what he was saying. Care to elaborate? I think people who command well should be awarded with higher pay, am I wrong?

I would love to, but since I posted that, he read it or maybe not, but since that post his tactics have improved as well as his attitude towards the other players, I myself have been following his suggestions and 'orders'

#154 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostUminix, on 23 December 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

I would love to, but since I posted that, he read it or maybe not, but since that post his tactics have improved as well as his attitude towards the other players, I myself have been following his suggestions and 'orders'

*eyes pop out of their sockets* Just playing Uminix.~Grins. That's sweet! I like it when commanders don't patronize their troops for losing a match. We all make mistakes. :ph34r:

#155 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostC4RNAGE, on 12 December 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

5.AHhh almost forgot the 100 tons mechs walking around and the is no track of them on the ground left no marks stay ?
Do they hover above the ground :)? I know they left the marks for short time but they gone after few seconds :((.

The tracks should be visible this will be helpful for ALPINE PEAKS and some other maps.

So please ... waiting for improvements . :)

Obviously you have never heard of the Stealth Hover Atlas The Capellan Confederation has used them for years. ^_^

#156 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

Been two months since the last VLOG. :(

#157 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

Yes, PGI, may we please have another one? I would love to hear about your plans for Phase Three, what you want to include, and when?

#158 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

It's not a VLog, but you guys did listen to the last the town hall meeting from last week, right?
http://mwomercs.com/...archive-update/

#159 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

Yes, I heard it, I was there live for the entire thing. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of things concerning this game...

#160 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

I listened to it finally, and there are some tantalizing hints that Russ "gets" my concerns in CW. What he wasn't able to do is say what the plans are to address it, and its fairly clear that nothing along the lines of depth and logistics will occur until perhaps well after Q2 this year.

The focus is on stabilizing the current iteration well through 2015. The complexity that I am after might not be in the cards at all, unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users