Need Help With My Direwolf (And Tips)

5 replies to this topic

#1 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

In order to understand this OP beast, i became it, and i learned many of its disadvantages in wich i havent said "*** YOU WHALLLEEE" in 2 days

My prime and A model builds are good for me. They play well. The prime model is in preperation for the king crab and carries 2 Dual gausses and 8 MPL. The A model has the standard 6 UAC5 loadout (wich is heck alot of fun) but i changed it to a 2 UAC2 4 UAC 5 now.

Its the B model that is giving me some headaches. I have been running a build for the day now, but sometimes it just, doesnt feel..Right

So i have another possible build, but i am not sure if this one will be better then the other

DWF-B
This is what i currently have

DWF-B MK2
This is the build what has my attention

Or well, can anyone reccomend something else?

Edited by theta123, 16 November 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#2 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:46 AM

Well, personally - & this gonna sound weird - both have too many weapons & not enough cooling. Sustained fire on both of them are going to have you riding your critical heat alarm in no time. The DWF has a reputation for being able to 'boat' an obscene amount of weaponry, but from my experience, that tends to quickly overheating & making all the weaponry useless.

The alpha #'s look awesome, but thats not the be all end all of the game, no matter what others would have you believe.

Try this - 2x ERLL's in one arm & 2x UAC20's in the torso's, 5-7 tons of ammo & a targeting computer (I run a MK-VI in mine). Good sustained dps, still a solid 66pt alpha & good heat efficiency. I regularly pull down 800-1k damage & 4-7 kills per match. Keep the 20's in seperate firing groups for both heat efficiency & douple tap ability & the two ERLL's in another group. Swapping out the 2x ERLL's for 4x MPLS's is also solid if you want a pure close range brawlwler beast, but I like being able to reach out @ far targets in the early stages, or if you get dropped on Alpine.

Just because you CAN boat every weapon, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Hope this helps.

~Xythius

Edited by Xythius, 17 November 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#3 Shiven

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

I just recently picked up a DWF-B myself. The sustained firepower is awesome.
DWF-B

This one is great as a mid ranged brawler / skirmisher - you can set the AC/2's to chain fire and just hold down the trigger until you're out of ammo. Using the M-ER lasers + AC-X 10 as a heavy burst combo.

Don't expect to burst people in one shot but, anything that isn't running will die very quickly.

Edited by Shiven, 19 November 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#4 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

DWF-B

This has been the result. Great build. Love it
thanks

#5 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

DWF-B

This is heavily influenced by a mixture of Direwolf builds.

Specifically...

Natashas Kerensky's "Lonewolf" and "Widowmaker"
Archon Prince Victor Ian Stiener-Davion's "Prometheus"
Direwolf Configeration A, DWF-A

use PPC's to take enemies on at range. Then stop using it and switch to the large pulse laser, UAC 20, and 2 SRM 6's.

This thing is quite a blast and it feeeeels like a direwolf as well!
Replace the 2 SRM 6's for 2 medium lasers and then you got the widowmaker if you wish.

Mimicking my Direwolf A build could also do the trick, (1 CLBX 20, 2 CL LRM 20, 3 CL LL, 1 C AMS. all using direwolf A parts)

You could redo it to utilize the CT energy.

#6 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

I've ran my Dire Wolf B like this for a while now:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c739e648d658e9c

I've 2-shot heavies with this, especially ones with easy to hit CTs like the Catapult, Jager, Dragon, etc or those running XL engines. If I spot a 'mech that XL is popular on I target the sides instead--like Dual Gauss Jagers and Dual Ac20 Jagers.

Basically it goes: Alpha, then a 2nd gauss Salvo.

The -A arm gives you nice trackability with your lasers too.

Edited by Kain Thul, 21 November 2014 - 12:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users