8 replies to this topic

#1 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:51 AM

Was just wondering, does anyone use the Command Console at all?
I mounted in on my Highlander ages ago just to test it out, and then totally forgot that I had it on there.

So far I haven't noticed it doing much at all. For a three(!) ton piece of equipment, I'd think it should really be more noticeable.

#2 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:09 AM

It's at the moment a fairly useless item. If there's someone out there who finds it useful, please speak up, but the general consensus is that it's not worth the weight nor cost whatsoever.

#3 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

View Postarmyunit, on 16 November 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Was just wondering, does anyone use the Command Console at all?
I mounted in on my Highlander ages ago just to test it out, and then totally forgot that I had it on there.

So far I haven't noticed it doing much at all. For a three(!) ton piece of equipment, I'd think it should really be more noticeable.

It is definitely over-weight for what it does but I still carry one on my Battlemaster 1S for the sensor buff.

#4 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

I use the command console, on occasion. It is over tons for what it does, I agree, but it has it's uses. Specifically, the faster target info acquisition time, also the sensor range buff are useful - for my purposes as a support mech. In many cases where I choose to use this, I'm using long range weapons, such as ppc, er large or even er ppc and having a quick acquistion of target info can really let me know very quickly where I have to hit with my shot to do maximum damage or get a kill. If I have to wait for the data on where to hit my target, then I give him more time to see and aim at me the same, even moreso considering the longer beam times now on the ER Large Lasers (inner sphere of course).

The 6% greater sensor range isn't really my concern, though it's a nice icing on the cake, further the 12% zoom increase can be nice with the fact that I'm also likely using the advanced zoom module, and target info gathering. Perhaps BAP as well. All these do stack together, meaning using the command console, w. bap, and the right modules makes for a better experience at the cost of 3 tons in weight that I didn't need anyways because I am running energy weapons at range and can spare that tonnage - not needing ammo.

Edited by Mad Porthos, 16 November 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#5 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

If it was a 2-ton piece of equipment, I would probably use it on occasion. As it is, the Command Console is exactly what Porthos mentions it is: something to throw on your mech if you have extra tonnage to burn (and don't want to buy a bigger engine). It isn't a competitive use of tonnage if you have another good way to use those 3 tons, simply put. I bought one, put it in some assault mech that I own, then took it out because it wasn't worth the firepower that I lost.

#6 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

Basically what Mad Porthos said.

I am currently using it on the Awesome 8R. I think it is only useful if you have a lot of tonnage, and if your mainly a long range missile support mech. I am running 2xlrm15+Artemis, 2xlrm5 +Artemis, command console, BAP, tag, advanced targeting sensors module, lrm5 cool down module.

The command console compliments the load out nicely. For any other type of load out, I would never take it personally.

also- ^PUGS

#7 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:35 AM

I would like to use it on a couple of fire-support mechs (sniper and artillery) but it doesnt make sense with current weight.

#8 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

I have found that does essentially the same job as BAP, for more weight. . I would like to see a few extra features added to it give it a little more viability for use in play! As it is, I currently choose BAP over the command console first when tonnage is a factor. .

#9 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:13 AM

I agree with all the posters, and sold it...after wasting time and cbills researching and testing it.
Its heavier than clan counter parts and I can tell a difference in clan TC's

I run the 3 ton target computer in the nova to help...its poor stats
my damage dropped in half, kills and assists stayed the same..hey, it "feels" like its working!
did the same in the banshee and something else...all I could tell was the loss of three precious tons
damage dropped, kills dropped, assists dropped.
no profit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users