#41 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

View PostFrost Lord, on 18 November 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

its problem is its not that fast for a 25T mech and all its weapons are in its arms so its easy to disable also there starting armor is light in the arms and legs, i put them all up before I dropped for the first time, also ECM is a pain since you are forced to carry your entire payload in the other arm meaning one hit can leave you redundant with out firing a shot.

Yes, I realize that clan lights in MWO are sub-par compared to IS lights, but if lights are implemented properly, they should require skill. Lights in Battletech were not meant to stand toe-to-toe with an assault mech and brawl.

Edited by Ed Steele, 18 November 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#42 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostEdanomel, on 18 November 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

[/b]

Just a slight quibble on the canon here:
Grayson's Shadow Hawk was never owned by Durant Carlyle. It belonged to another pilot of Carlyle's Commandos before it was sabotaged and subsequently captured by units loyal to Kurita during a covert Op on Twellwan. Durant Carlyle piloted a Phoenix Hawk, which is as we all know one of the 'unseen' 'mechs. The Phoenix Hawk was destroyed during the opening strike of the aforementioned covert op resulting in the death of Grayson's father. Grayson later recaptured the Shadowhawk while escaping from the Kuritan forces. Grayson later passed his Shadowhawk to Lori Kalmar, his XO (and much later, his wife) following the destruction of her locust while aiding the the rebelion on Verthandi. By that point Grayson had captured a MAD-3R Marauder (another unseen 'mech) which was to be his signature 'mech for much of his career.
Also, Grayson's Shadowhawk was a 2H model, and had none of the modifications listed for this Hero 'mech.

I realise I'm being picky but the least you could do is brush up on the canon before you release a Hero 'mech supposedly based on a particular character. Yes Grayson piloted a Shadowhawk. No, it never had the specs that you have attributed to it in your Hero 'mech.

That's it for me, rant over.

Thanks so much, you have written it, so I don't have to. Good job!
I nearly choked when I read that line about Durant Carlyle in the Patch notes.

Edited by Duncan Jr Fischer, 18 November 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#43 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 November 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Yes, I realize that clan lights in MWO are sub-par compared to IS lights, but if lights are implemented properly, they should require skill. Lights in Battletech were not meant to stand toe-to-toe with an assault mech and brawl.

im not saying they need to be able to go tow to tow with anything, if i can only do just under 125KM (with speed buff) and only mount weapons in the arms you need to be able to take more then a couple of hits in the arms since they are the most exposed part unless you are fighting head on. and with that speed you cant scout unless you are with a group, funny thing is the B torsos have a 20% armor buff, would be nice if there was anything in the torsos. if you compare it to the kitfox you are five tun shot for a -7Km speed difference you can also mount weapons it the torsos and fit a laser in the ecm arm the kit fox works like a Raven supporting the rest of the team the mist lynx can also till it takes a hit.

#44 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostFrost Lord, on 18 November 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

im not saying they need to be able to go tow to tow with anything, if i can only do just under 125KM (with speed buff) and only mount weapons in the arms you need to be able to take more then a couple of hits in the arms since they are the most exposed part unless you are fighting head on. and with that speed you cant scout unless you are with a group, funny thing is the B torsos have a 20% armor buff, would be nice if there was anything in the torsos. if you compare it to the kitfox you are five tun shot for a -7Km speed difference you can also mount weapons it the torsos and fit a laser in the ecm arm the kit fox works like a Raven supporting the rest of the team the mist lynx can also till it takes a hit.

Which is why I have more respect for clan light pilots who do well, than IS light pilots.

#45 Silversynch

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

Guys, the real thing about the Myst Lynx is it's a support mech, not a skirmisher like the spider.

#46 Palladinn

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

WHat about new Locust?

#47 CimaGarahau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWesternmost Germany

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

I like the new map, something different.

#48 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostFrost Lord, on 18 November 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

its problem is its not that fast for a 25T mech and all its weapons are in its arms so its easy to disable also there starting armor is light in the arms and legs, i put them all up before I dropped for the first time, also ECM is a pain since you are forced to carry your entire payload in the other arm meaning one hit can leave you redundant with out firing a shot.

This things going to be pretty easy to hit going at 113km, unless its absolutely *tiny* like half the height of a commando. I don't know that I'd consider a hit to the arm as a bad thing or a good thing. On the one hand, you lost all your weapons. On the other hand if they hit you anywhere else you would have blown up.

Currently the ice ferret is the Go To "light" mech. Speed is king.

Edited by Asmosis, 19 November 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#49 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 November 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

• Fixed the shape of the footprints of the Mad Dog

Hell, yeah!

rest is fine too :)

#50 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostSilversynch, on 18 November 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Guys, the real thing about the Myst Lynx is it's a support mech, not a skirmisher like the spider.

im not talking about using it as a skirmisher, you still need the arms to use tag nark and ECM

View PostAsmosis, on 19 November 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

This things going to be pretty easy to hit going at 113km, unless its absolutely *tiny* like half the height of a commando. I don't know that I'd consider a hit to the arm as a bad thing or a good thing. On the one hand, you lost all your weapons. On the other hand if they hit you anywhere else you would have blown up.

Currently the ice ferret is the Go To "light" mech. Speed is king.

not realy its left and right torso have atlest twic as much armor and internals and one set has a 20% buff to armor

#51 hurtswhenip

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:26 AM

The new map is great. the only way it could improve is if you could get it more than 1 in 20 games.
As for the Pirates' Bane, sooooooo enjoyable.

#52 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 18 November 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

New map is good mechs are great but the lack of good C-bill rewards makes me log out in disappointment.When you up the C-bills per battle PGI to 150k+ win or lose it might be worth grinding for a bit until then its back to playing WarThunder.

ROTFLMAO War Thunder the game where the devs NEVER do anything that the players want, the game where EVERYONE complains that the silver lions are so sparse that it is laughable, the game which is so pro Soviet that it hurts (Yak 9 or Yer or how about a T54 or IS4 anyone) and do not get me started on the team killing and so called specials that "happen" there and before you yell that I have no idear what I am talking about, I am level 82 there and gave up in disgust after the 1.34 patch I still have over 400 days of Prerium (which boosts your earnings by 200% and still give you ****** rewards) Try playing that crap game without Premiun Tier 4 and above, the rep costs alone eat up anything your "earn".

But I have seen you play here and after watching you "play" I can understand why you do not make any C-Bills, the fact that you do not seem to know what the R key is for says it all. I average over 130K per game here and I am a god awful player so what is your excuse?

#53 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostDuncan Jr Fischer, on 18 November 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

Thanks so much, you have written it, so I don't have to. Good job!
I nearly choked when I read that line about Durant Carlyle in the Patch notes.

I know Alex Carlyle piloted an Archer at one point. Didn't he inherit that from someone?

#54 Man with Axe

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:41 AM

Nice patch, thanks PGI. I will skip many good things came with it, but do not think I haven't noticed them just because I'll draw your attention to the very annoying fact of impossibility to disable film grain and distance fog in user.cfg. Please return those features back as user selected variables!

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

wow, the invasions upper tight armor parts on the lynx look really great.
The map is also nice except that strange over 1000m worm. That things is truly some overkill feature.
But I wonder if that map doesn't have a kind of desing flaw.

what will a team do, when there are JJ ecm lights wih radar derp, like the lynx and spider 5D or kit fox are going up to one of the ponds? they seem to be pretty untouchble for other mechs up there, and retreat and hopping on the next pond with ecm isn't realyl hard.

#56 Temptis

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

issues with the new map:
- the minimap needs reworking. with so distinct elevation levels, the minimap should reflect that instead of showing all areas in the same uniform shades of grey
- green fog.. really?
- invisible walls/getting stuck on rocks/trees

issues with the Mist Lynx
- fixed CAP, quickly baptized FAP on twitch/ngngtv combined with the weaponles ECM arm is a joke. Normaly you would equip either but not both, especialy on a mech that has so limited tonnage to play with in the first place. Probably the first ECM capable mech where you can not be upset for nobody using ECM on.

#57 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:27 AM

I've noticed that "Ultra AC/5s equipped to the SHD-2H (including Champion and Phoenix versions) will now always display the proper weapon model.".

My Cicada always shows having machineguns equipped. Even if I mount the AC/20. I want my enemies to fear my medium-wannabe-light. Please fix the weapon model not showing :(

Edit: Here's another map in which using LRMs seems useless. The more maps with hard covers all over there are the less people learn about using that cover properly. I gave up using LRMs long ago because you can use them in 4 situations only:
1) Something bigger is capping a point in Conquest
2) Some Leeroy gets on a wide open patch of terrain
3) The map is Caustic Valley, where a regular brawler has really hard time surviving. Even Alpine Peaks offers plenty of steep terrain as cover.
4) You use LRM5 and only use it to get assists on mechs that are not in your LoS.

Edited by Uthael, 19 November 2014 - 03:43 AM.

#58 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

View PostUthael, on 19 November 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

I've noticed that "Ultra AC/5s equipped to the SHD-2H (including Champion and Phoenix versions) will now always display the proper weapon model.".

My Cicada always shows having machineguns equipped. Even if I mount the AC/20. I want my enemies to fear my medium-wannabe-light. Please fix the weapon model not showing :(

Edit: Here's another map in which using LRMs seems useless. The more maps with hard covers all over there are the less people learn about using that cover properly. I gave up using LRMs long ago because you can use them in 4 situations only:
1) Something bigger is capping a point in Conquest
2) Some Leeroy gets on a wide open patch of terrain
3) The map is Caustic Valley, where a regular brawler has really hard time surviving. Even Alpine Peaks offers plenty of steep terrain as cover.
4) You use LRM5 and only use it to get assists on mechs that are not in your LoS.

I probbly need to get my head arond the cover a bit more but i found cover from Lrms less effective then it seems, lrms seem to go threw serten things like the dead centipede thing, I ducked behind it thinking it would protect me and found the lrms just went strait threw it, the trees can help but not always, the main difficulty would be maintaining locks, iv only used an lrm 5 so far so having a faster rate of fire has probably helped.

#59 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:32 AM

Hoping i can fix my desktop tonight so i can actually play the new map with something resembling graphics.

Playing last night on the laptop i discovered its a rather difficult map to play in a light as you keep crashing into trees and the corpse of the biggest centipede i've ever seen. Gonna be superb for heavy mechs though with big punch pinpoint damage weapons like ac20 and lpl.

Got to find this atlas now:
http://youtu.be/-dnm-PNOTcQ?t=2m42s

Edited by mad kat, 19 November 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#60 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostEric Wulfen, on 19 November 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

ROTFLMAO War Thunder the game where the devs NEVER do anything that the players want, the game where EVERYONE complains that the silver lions are so sparse that it is laughable, the game which is so pro Soviet that it hurts (Yak 9 or Yer or how about a T54 or IS4 anyone) and do not get me started on the team killing and so called specials that "happen" there and before you yell that I have no idear what I am talking about, I am level 82 there and gave up in disgust after the 1.34 patch I still have over 400 days of Prerium (which boosts your earnings by 200% and still give you ****** rewards) Try playing that crap game without Premiun Tier 4 and above, the rep costs alone eat up anything your "earn".

Pretty true about that pro Soviet thingy. I personally think War Thunder gets boring after sometime as upgrading weapons and new planes doesn't make a big difference in variety.

MWO on the other hand, has no PvE content but at least it has pretty good variety from mechs to weapons. I guess every game has it's boring part, same goes for Hawken.

Edited by Jeffrey Wilder, 19 November 2014 - 05:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users