How long does a given mech last?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Chip Geek

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

What happens to a mech when it's killed in battle? Is that mech never to be used again or is it repairable in the MechLab?

In other words, do I need to carefully protect my special Founders mechs from dying (becsause once they're killed I can never use them again) or can I blaze into my first battle knowing that I'll always have my Founders mechs as long as I have enough C-bills to fix them up? Is there any scenario where the mech is not repairable?

#2 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Mechs never die, but their armor has to be replaced. You can just keep playing one game to the next but you wouldn't have armor and you would lose. But you still could do it. This is what I understand, not guaranteed fact.
99% sure that devs said you will never lose a mech though.

Edited by Team Leader, 25 June 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#3 Phasics

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Repaired and back for more, you'll never lose a mech

#4 Voyager I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

I do wonder if we'll be allowed to lose weapon systems.

Some of them can get...expensive.

#5 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 25 June 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Mechs never die, but their armor has to be replaced. You can just keep playing one game to the next but you wouldn't have armor and you would lose. But you still could do it. This is what I understand, not guaranteed fact.
99% sure that devs said you will never lose a mech though.

You can never lose a founders mech, they are always with you(Yay all im really gonna use at first is the Jenner and Catapult, till i can get a Cicada, which means i wont be spending any C-bills on anything but repairs :))

#6 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostVoyager I, on 25 June 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

I do wonder if we'll be allowed to lose weapon systems.

Some of them can get...expensive.

I hope so...

#7 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Anything can be destroyed from what I understand: Heat Sinks, Weapon Systems, Gyros, engines, entire limbs...everything can be repaired from match to match though.

#8 ArcaneIce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

You'll never lose a mech. Too lazy to find the dev that talked about it but the basic implication is that after a battle, if you got completely torn up, your mech will be fixed to its minimum point so it can be used for the next battle but you wouldn't really even be a threat unless you actually fix your mech completely. And yes I know, that was a giant run on sentence :)

#9 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, Florida.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

As stated, you will never lose your mech. They only take certain amounts of damage before they can no longer fight. After the round you get everything going again and jump back onto the battlefield. According to what we've been told by interviews.

Just like World of Tanks.

Edited by Risky, 25 June 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#10 Hyperius

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

You can't permanently lose anything as far as I understand. Anything destroyed during a match is repairable afterward, if you have the c-bills that is.

#11 Calisrue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hopefully they actually add armor repair in automatically at the end of the match as a c-bill cost - it would be annoying seeing people running around with unarmored mechs on your side(maybe a reportable offense?).... again thats hoping that teh c-bill prize for losing a match is enough to cover repairs...

#12 Phil To Kill

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

If it [blows up :)] you don't lose it or anything, you just got to repair it :blink: hurray for repairs!

#13 Snipah

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbove your head!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

What about being able to Salvage the other sides "lost weapons" and or mech chassis' ~evil Grin~ especially for us Mercs.

Top player, gets first pic, and down the winning list salvage rights go (automatically issued of course)

#14 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Well once you have leveled up a chasis all the way you can no longer get more Pilot points from piloting it thus can no longer unlock more modules with it.

You can still earn money with it, but as far as pilot growth is conserned it is a used up husk.

#15 Game_Overture

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

Is the eject option still in the game? Does that play any role in salvage?

Edited by Crescent Fresh, 25 June 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#16 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

There is no salvage in the game and no trading. Income rates are carefully regulated.

#17 Vander StarStrife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

There is no salvage in the game .....

Edit: Bah, beaten to it :)

Edited by Vander StarStrife, 25 June 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#18 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm all up for repairs, bad actuators that affect the mech, weak heat sinks, etc but I've a question.

Any idea on how the game will handle those players that aren't good at this kind of game but love it? I don't want this game to turn into a Diablo 3 on inferno mode where you can literally go broke keeping up with repairs. And if the only way to make money is to win, knock out other mechs, etc, I might find myself in a hole with a barely functional mech that I can't repair because either it, or I can't fight well enough to make money, keep up repairs and buy better gear.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 25 June 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#19 Gorith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

seeing non-stock weapons need ot be replaced out of combat if they were destroyed would help balance stock setup vs custom... more power but more risk.

Edited by Gorith, 25 June 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#20 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Other MW games once its destroyed its gone but that would not work for a online pvp game. So no worries other than the repair bill which should be hefty. However, the awnsers for repair are still unknown!

Edited by Johnny Reb, 25 June 2012 - 08:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users