21 replies to this topic

#1 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

One of my biggest turn offs is the ability or small lights to shrug off a full alpha to the center torso with no damage. Last game I had to do the old "lag shoot" of half a mech space ahead of a raven in order to gets hits to actually register.

I think hit reg should be one of those continuing always improving and news updates things, if only to keep the population happy.

#2 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

There's only so much you can do with cheap servers running on low fps I reckon.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

They're not going to do anything until way after CW.

#4 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:10 AM

Koshi registers damage just fine...

#5 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

It was finally acknowledged as a bug shortly before the 18th release. I would hope that they fix it for the next patch because I am sure that I am not alone in not playing nearly as much. Less players makes collecting empirical data more difficult, especially for matchmaker data. Also, newbies who experience it are probably turned off because they think they can't hit anything and don't return. So fixing it would be to their advantage.

All I know is that I really hate being fodder. Not being able to be as aggressive as usual is one thing because you can't hit anything anyway. But not being able to even defend yourself? Now that STINKS.

#6 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

With my sub fifty ping, I can say that I don't think it's just an issue with connection. I only have issues with SRMs, but sometimes I wonder how some lights survive laser alphas to the face too. It seems to be about the number of SRMs hitting at once, SRM16 alphas sometimes seem to do less damage than srm8+srm8.

#7 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

Hitreg still being big issue nr.1 and nothing since the introduction of HSR (over a year ago) has ever been done to improve anything about it. I know i know, i´m supposed to shut up and buy a few virtual 3D models for the price of a (used) car, so i´ll keep things short:

Very disappointing state of the game

#8 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:05 AM

I feel that hit reg become less "registration" then before patch - a lot of games where i hit (and it shows flash for it on enemy mech idicators) enemy mechs with my ac20 and they just keep running - "best" was TBR who eat 2 hits of ac20 in red CT and still was running...

#9 Quicks

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

I Agree Lasers hit registers all screwy, ballistic bit better but also not that great. Only thing that works kinda good is missle's no wonder why everybody is playing with LRM's.

#10 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostQuicks, on 20 November 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

I Agree Lasers hit registers all screwy, ballistic bit better but also not that great. Only thing that works kinda good is missle's no wonder why everybody is playing with LRM's.

Its generally been worsening and im encountering this problem as well. half of my stuff isn't registering due to the recent patches. Devs need to fix this right now.

#11 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

I've had some recent issues with PPCs passing through mechs without hurting them, but it's nothing like it used to be with SRMs. Improvement has been the trend so far in my experience with the exception of the desync issues we had for a while, and I expect the trend to continue.

#12 squigbeast

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:46 AM

Just stood behind a direwhale and missed 2 ac20 shots while both of us were stood still. Hit reg is failing big time this weekend. for the record game 486706678946897641

Edited by squigbeast, 22 November 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#13 Eric Generic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:32 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 19 November 2014 - 04:10 AM, said:

Koshi registers damage just fine...

That's because it's too slow to benefit from lagshield.

#14 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

Yeah this is becoming more frustrating for me as well. I sometimes get 0 hit reg on Cents and lights. And I sometimes don't get credit for a kill! It was one on one, me against another guy, i took him out and got no credit for the kill. I sent in a ticket to support and all I got back was "check the stats page" with a link to the stats page gee THANKS!!

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 22 November 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#15 Thecure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

Trying to XP my Thunderbolt 9S and get the benefits of the ERPPC quirks but they seem to be RNG based. Hitreg <50%, heatreg 100%...

#16 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

AC20 on my YLW has been flying through people point blank. Or taking 5+ shots to crit an open CT.

#17 TheAtomiser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

Lots of people in my unit -myself included - have been experiencing some bad hit reg issues recently.

Not sure what's going on but maybe PGI needs to invest in some high ping servers. Hit reg seems to be worse when lots of people are firing at the same time.

#18 ohtech

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'm in Australia on a ping of normally 253 and from time to time definitely have this problem.
As an example: in one match I legged a Cicada and then whilst it was stationary concentrated on the other leg. No hits registered, not even a scratch. I had to wait for a team mate to come and do my work.

Sometimes it seems okay, but other times far from it.

#19 ohtech

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

Just to add to this:

Returned to playing my Jenner K after a spending some time in some heavier mechs and have discovered that all hits I take damage front CT. True they add damage to whatever was hit, but the CT takes the brunt of it.

Eg. I move well behind cover out of line of sight by the time the enemy has even got a shot off (so at best maybe hit a side torso or arm), and still take the bulk of damage to front CT. I can be running obliquely away from an enemy and still the majority of damage goes to front CT.

Is this a new hitreg bug affecting "high" ping players or is something else going on?

#20 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hittreg realy need an Check. It seems it is getting more worse atm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users