#1 Fantastic Ergo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 242 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWolf City, Arc-Royale

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

Another Clan light that disappoints me. There are 3 Clan lights and I haven't really found any of them to be at all balanced to their counterparts on the IS. And the Miss Lynx has a nice look but is so fragile and having all 3 variants force the BAP make it even harder, being stuck at a slow speed for a scout light in MWO and force BAP doesn't make sense. What's up with the armor as well? if you max it out there is .30 something left.
Has anyone found any good use or build for these other than exploring training grounds with so many jets? am just disappointed that so far I have not one light in the clan arsenal that I can be exited to take out of the mechbay.

Edited by Fantastic Ergo, 19 November 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#2 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yeah 4 Er Mediums works well because unlike the srm builds you won't have to get close with paper thin armor on a slow mech. It's terrible with heat but it's what I've found works best. Zap and hide because your life depends on it.

#3 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

this mech is not a speed demon, it is a dancer, you can literally dance across the battlefeild if you play smart, I have had great sucess with this mech so far (4ML is good imo)

#4 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostFantastic Ergo, on 19 November 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Another Clan light that disappoints me. There are 3 Clan lights and I haven't really found any of them to be at all balanced to their counterparts on the IS. And the Miss Lynx has a nice look but is so fragile and having all 3 variants force the BAP make it even harder, being stuck at a slow speed for a scout light in MWO and force BAP doesn't make sense. What's up with the armor as well? if you max it out there is .30 something left.
Has anyone found any good use or build for these other than exploring training grounds with so many jets? am just disappointed that so far I have not one light in the clan arsenal that I can be exited to take out of the mechbay.

they are like playing a std engine commando with locked JJ and bap....play it as such and u will be ok. but i cant find a single build that is better than the 4ermeds with tc mk1 and cermed range mod to give it the mid-long poke n tickle. with speed tweak, it has a use, albeit a situational use.

maybe the IS light mechs should have their speeds reduced *base engine sizes or overall speeds?) to match canon more closely? that would definately make mediuum mechs worth their weight in gold (moire than they are now)

hope the light mechs get balanced for cw, but not holding out hope

#5 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

I will agree this mech will have a hard time being "Competitive" so to say, but it fits my play style all too well

#6 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

Being able to swap out the engines and not having fixed jump jets locking up tonnage has a pretty big impact on your options and flexibility. It'd be nice if we had a couple side torso omnipods with no jump jets and some hardpoints instead.

#7 Muncehead

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWorcestershire UK

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

Being able to 'bounce' around the battlefield makes this a fun chassis for me.

Granted the fact that the ecm omnipod does not allow any left-hand weapons to be slotted but so far, I am finding this a challenging but enjoyable light. I have almost all the locust chassis and this for me is as good a mech as those but with the obvious benefit of the jump-jets the locust could do with.

#8 Source Control

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTOP THE WHINING

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

I was thinking of renaming mine to Mist Stynx. They are so fragile and it's a bad idea to take essentially brawler weapons (SRM) and stick them to this Mech. I've found 4 MM works best as others have said: hide, shoot, RUN! I've leveled through mine already and will probably not play them again unless they give them 100 points of armor. lol I even swapped the omni pods on it for the added 20% armor boost but doesn't seem to make much of an impact.

#9 N I K O L A I

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

Myst Lynx needs a lot of love... quirks wont help enough i think, maybe if they change some hardpoints and give us ability to remove JJ we could have a decent mech.

Edited by N I K O L A I, 19 November 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#10 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

And some Arm Armor bonus quriks could help...

#11 PostalPatriot

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

While there balancing speed how about making your xl's explode when you lose a torso, fair trade.

#12 Fakirzoran

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTerra/North America/Spokane

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

You are obviously missing the point of Clan Light Mechs. They only support the Assault mechs. Clan medium mechs are the Clan Scouts.

#13 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostFakirzoran, on 19 November 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

You are obviously missing the point of Clan Light Mechs. They only support the Assault mechs. Clan medium mechs are the Clan Scouts.

Finally...someone who knows their lore

#14 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostPostalPatriot, on 19 November 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

While there balancing speed how about making your xl's explode when you lose a torso, fair trade.

but that wouldnt match the lore closely, especially since clan mechs cant change engines.

clan lights aint scout mechs, i agree. Is light mechs can run in and out of a major brawl with no worries (barring huge pinpoint alpha to a component) due to the HSR/lagshield/whatever you want to call it. i just want balance for them, especially in the current quirkaggedon.

#15 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:41 PM

I find clan lights work best as light cavalry applying support to assaults and Heavies but maybe that's just me.....

#16 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

If LT/RT pods with energy hardpoints were available it would be nice so that you could run ECM and still have 4 CERMLs or CSPLs.

As it is though I will just let it be a hangar queen like the Ice Ferret. I just like the Adder so much better. Not that its bad but for me and my playstyle I just can't adapt to such a small loadout as you're limited to when taking the ECM arm.

#17 s0hno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

There are 3 Clan lights and I haven't really found any of them to be at all balanced to their counterparts on the IS.

I agree. The Lynx is just too slow considering its' extremely low armor. The jump ability is nice, but hard to use effectively for the same reason. Compared to the Firestarter (which is, one must admit, overpowered), the Lynx is useless junk...

Edited by s0hno, 19 November 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#18 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

Well, I did liked the others light mech.

But not this one.

When does the Hellbringer come out again? I don't have the date in mind. :/

#19 s0hno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:23 AM

You are obviously missing the point of Clan Light Mechs. They only support the Assault mechs.

That is true. Nevertheless, I don't know how a mech that feels like it had no firepower, is slower than any medium mech, and explodes on the first hit is supposed to support on the field... Maybe someone will show me how someday; until then, the Lynx goes back into the chamber.

#20 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:01 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 19 November 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Well, I did liked the others light mech.

But not this one.

When does the Hellbringer come out again? I don't have the date in mind. :/

The one good mech in wave II comes out on december 2nd

The only way the mist lynx is getting saved for me (outside of some god-tier quirks) is if they add the F right torso omnipod. Its horribly out of timeline, but allows ECM in the torso, so you can have guns in each arm and ECM. Unfortunately there are zero MLX omnipods from any timeline with weapon hardpoints.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users