Myst Lynx

111 replies to this topic

#41 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 24 November 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

On this point, both me and my immediate superior officers like that hardwired CAP :)

what i DONT like is that it does nothing if you equip ECM

#42 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 24 November 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

what i DONT like is that it does nothing if you equip ECM

What i like is that it is a way to replace one of the two ECM modes without having to add it and its omnipod, which limits your weapons choices greatly. You can run a light hunter without ECM, for example .

#43 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 24 November 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

What i like is that it is a way to replace one of the two ECM modes without having to add it and its omnipod, which limits your weapons choices greatly. You can run a light hunter without ECM, for example .

Light hunter: better in the fenris, or stormcrow, or any number of other mechs

Light brawler: better in the firestarter, or jenner, or erm, anything that doesnt have ALL its firepower in its gigantic arms

ECM PPC sniper: the only role where it isnt massively outclassed by another chassis. Spider is the only competition, and which is better is touch and go. (extra speed vs Clan PPC extra dmg)

literally its ONLY unique good feature is its amazing jumping ability. any role that doesn't make use of that is wasting the mech imo

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 24 November 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#44 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

View Postchaas, on 24 November 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

From Sarna:

Broken lore was a particularly important point for many Clanners when the first wave hit. PGI took that to heart and learned well that particular lesson. Now that the lore is inconvenient, it seems the community wants to break the lore again. The community is acting like a bunch of women. We need to make up our damn minds.

I think you mean the community is acting like a bunch of men. Typical. ;)

#45 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 24 November 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Light hunter: better in the fenris, or stormcrow, or any number of other mechs

Light brawler: better in the firestarter, or jenner, or erm, anything that doesnt have ALL its firepower in its gigantic arms

ECM PPC sniper: the only role where it isnt massively outclassed by another chassis. Spider is the only competition, and which is better is touch and go. (extra speed vs Clan PPC extra dmg)

literally its ONLY unique good feature is its amazing jumping ability. any role that doesn't make use of that is wasting the mech imo

Luckily a light often makes use of a decent speed (after speed tweak) and an amazing jumping capability :) The new map seems to be made just for the Mist Lynx. The Ice Ferret would not fare quite so well without JJs against Spiders, Jenners and Firestarters.

#46 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:06 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 24 November 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Luckily a light often makes use of a decent speed (after speed tweak) and an amazing jumping capability :) The new map seems to be made just for the Mist Lynx. The Ice Ferret would not fare quite so well without JJs against Spiders, Jenners and Firestarters.

Fare quite so well? lmfao

go fight an 8 SPL Firestarter A in your Mist Lynx and tell me how you do.

Hint: its 25kph faster, doesnt rely on only arm weapons, has more armour (because its 10 tons heavier), has way better cooling and has more firepower. Youll lose, horribly.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 26 November 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#47 Reaper3015

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

Just a thought. Use the clan lights to support heavies and assaults and let the clan mediums do the scouting. How. Stay WITH the assaults/heavies instead of running off and work WITH the assaults/heavies to take down targets.

#48 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

Could be an idea, but I don't see the usual pugs doing that...
I'll give it a try thought.

#49 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostPostalPatriot, on 19 November 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

While there balancing speed how about making your xl's explode when you lose a torso, fair trade.

How about just not give you guys the choice to change engines?

While they are at it, how about they lock the JJs, BAP, ECM, and SHS or DHS stock numbers into your mech and prevent you from upgrading to doubles? They could also prevent you from changing to endo/ferro and lock the occupied internal slots for those too while they are at it?

TL;DR: QQ elsewhere troll.

#50 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostGyrok, on 26 November 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

How about just not give you guys the choice to change engines?

While they are at it, how about they lock the JJs, BAP, ECM, and SHS or DHS stock numbers into your mech and prevent you from upgrading to doubles? They could also prevent you from changing to endo/ferro and lock the occupied internal slots for those too while they are at it?

TL;DR: QQ elsewhere troll.

They could also lock the weapons used. If you have a small laser, you cannot change it.
After all, it was like this in the Lore.

#51 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 26 November 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

Fare quite so well? lmfao

go fight an 8 SPL Firestarter A in your Mist Lynx and tell me how you do.

Hint: its 25kph faster, doesnt rely on only arm weapons, has more armour (because its 10 tons heavier), has way better cooling and has more firepower. Youll lose, horribly.

All true, but i still have Clan streaks :P

Btw, Mediums can deal with lights. Lights are actually pretty effective against heavier 'Mechs. Check this video for proof! :D
http://youtu.be/QJIM3bYY1ME

#52 Foxtrot Tango

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

I've been using the Mist Lynx the way Reaper3015 mentioned above. I found out pretty soon after getting it, that the Lynx was going to have a hard time being used as a scout or light-hunter(at least with my mediocre skills). I've been using them primarily to support assaults by adding additional firepower and/or ecm cover. Other times, I'm just an extra pair of eyes watching their rear and making enemy lights think twice about harassing attacks. My JJs are used to either get a better angle of fire or to get out of the way. Is it the "right way" to use the Mist Lynx? Not sure. Do I get kills? Rarely. But, I get lots of assists, survive, and increase the survival of the teams heavy hitters.

#53 CmdrA

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

People just need to find where it lays in terms of play. As a spotter and sniper it does well enough. I've wittled down assaults with just the ERLL alone with ECM combined from a high point where i can't be reached. It's not meant to harass like a fast paced commando can do, its more meant for cat and mouse tactics and spotting due to its incredibly small size. 25T mechs aren't going to be meant for doing much more than that imho.

I've had games where i've gotten 500+ damage just by constantly shooting an ERLL at big mechs when they aren't looking or preoccupied with other mechs. It's a wonderful little chassis that I adore how worth while its jump jets are. Most other mechs can't even remotely come close to doing what it can. Though I will admit I 1v1 solo'd a hunchback 4p in brawler quarters with an ERLL only and won in the outcome without losing my arms.

Once its speed tweaked its a bit better than it was stock 113kph. 124 isn't the fastest but its still pretty fast enough for me to say, You can't catch me easily.

#54 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:06 AM

the more i play this mech the more i really really like it, 4 erml with range module is awesome.... dont even mind ecm 1 erll 1 erml... the jj flight of thing make up for its lack of speed though it does run hot specially considering the jj's add to heat

also ecm CAP and adv sensor range make for an awesome spotter

Edited by Summon3r, 26 November 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#55 Bulvar Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:08 AM

I play my Mouse Minx, with a Lrg Pulse and a small laser.....(least until they fix the ARM SIZED MOUNTS).

Sneek and peek shooting, using the Lrg pulse range and cool-down modules until the said arm gets snipped off.

the Small laser is there as a back up as and when required.

This mech, as are a good number of clan mechs loosing out at the moment due to two factors....certain clan mechs own their class and cannot be seen past.

clan quirks are not implemented.

Clan mechs do not have the FLD that IS mechs have due to burn time, range is mute as the maps in general are to small to use the clan weapons to full effect (IS mechs should be ripped to shreds between 500-800 meters, yet often that is not the case due to where combat is engaged or the maps make-up).

we shall see what the future holds.

#56 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

I am not here to defend my angreh kitteh again, but I do have a question for all of you nay sayers.....

I keep seeing comparisons to firestarters and spiders, but those are both heavier mechs, how about this, someone with the mist lynx buys all the commandos (25 tons is 25 tons)

I would do this, but I am biased towards commandos as well, currently I have 2 in my mechbays and neither holds a candle to my mist lynx, perhaps all of you guys complaining about the mist lynx should understand that it is a far better ecm carrier than the commando is. and that is the mech it should be directly compared to.

6 tons available from stock
COM-1B

5 tons
COM-1D

8 tons
COM-2D

9 tons
COM-3A

5 tons
DEATH'S KNELL

then you have the mist lynx
7.5 tons
MIST LYNX MLX-PRIME

so in the end, it has about the same amount of space available for equipment, but can jump. most of the commandos weps are arm mounted, and I digress, there is a missile launcher slot in the belly of some of the commandos. then to compare equal speed mechs, the Death's Knell comes with the same size engine stock... TDK arm only weps... lacks jump...

Before all of you claim my data is incorrect or whatever, it is all there in digitized links. Before any of you continue the mist lynx is useless, remember: The TDK has a max firepower based on space and weight limitations of 24, my personal mist lynx has a firepower of 37, and even after she runs out of ammo for the srms, I still have 21 firepower. oh, and I jump... did I mention, jump?

So as you can see if you actually compare the mech to its direct competition, it far outweighs its IS counterparts... I am truly sorry for all of you who haven't figured that out yet

Edited by Uminix, 26 November 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#57 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

Too slow and not much armor, useless mech for me. Same problem with the Ice Ferret.

#58 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostUminix, on 26 November 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Commandos are also bad mechs

Look, its true, the commando sucks too. at least that has quirks though... and thats all anyone is saying, the MLX needs quirks.

Or just sod it, release the arctic cheetah and we can all stop trying to make bad mechs work.

#59 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

Only reason I am not selling the Lynx or the Ferret is because the worst mechs get the best quirks. Come Clan quirks, I am curious to see what they will get.

That said, I feel like the Lynx and the Ferret would have been so much better had they had even a single additional hardpoint. Too bad that would not jive with the existing variants.

#60 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostUminix, on 26 November 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

I am not here to defend my angreh kitteh again, but I do have a question for all of you nay sayers.....

I keep seeing comparisons to firestarters and spiders, but those are both heavier mechs, how about this, someone with the mist lynx buys all the commandos (25 tons is 25 tons)

I would do this, but I am biased towards commandos as well, currently I have 2 in my mechbays and neither holds a candle to my mist lynx, perhaps all of you guys complaining about the mist lynx should understand that it is a far better ecm carrier than the commando is. and that is the mech it should be directly compared to.

6 tons available from stock
COM-1B

5 tons
COM-1D

8 tons
COM-2D

9 tons
COM-3A

5 tons
DEATH'S KNELL

then you have the mist lynx
7.5 tons
MIST LYNX MLX-PRIME

so in the end, it has about the same amount of space available for equipment, but can jump. most of the commandos weps are arm mounted, and I digress, there is a missile launcher slot in the belly of some of the commandos. then to compare equal speed mechs, the Death's Knell comes with the same size engine stock... TDK arm only weps... lacks jump...

Before all of you claim my data is incorrect or whatever, it is all there in digitized links. Before any of you continue the mist lynx is useless, remember: The TDK has a max firepower based on space and weight limitations of 24, my personal mist lynx has a firepower of 37, and even after she runs out of ammo for the srms, I still have 21 firepower. oh, and I jump... did I mention, jump?

So as you can see if you actually compare the mech to its direct competition, it far outweighs its IS counterparts... I am truly sorry for all of you who haven't figured that out yet

Seriously dude, don't change MY words

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 26 November 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Look, its true, the commando sucks too. at least that has quirks though... and thats all anyone is saying, the MLX needs quirks.

Or just sod it, release the arctic cheetah and we can all stop trying to make bad mechs work.

I really wish this forum would include your "quote" from me....

Edited by Uminix, 26 November 2014 - 03:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users