- - - - -

Do Clan Pre-Order Modules Need To Be Unlocked With Gxp?

5 replies to this topic

#1 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

I'll be finishing upgrading my Clan Wave 1 packages in the next 2 weeks, so I was wondering if I should wait 'til I have the modules from the packages or go ahead and unlock stuff like speed retention etc. with GXP.

Do I need to unlock the modules I get before I can use them?

When I get them, do I need to unlock the skill before I can purchase more modules or will I need to spend 15k GXP to be able to purchase a second Radar Deprivation, etc.?

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:28 PM

Well, it's funny...

You get the "limited edition" version unlocked and in your inventory, but if you ever want to buy more of the same module, you'll need to unlock it with GXP to buy copies of the "regular" version. None of those modules is very useful, so I've actually never unlocked any of them.

Edited by Terciel1976, 19 November 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

I used some of the modules, but yeah I didn't see much use in them... I actually forgot they came with the Clan wave I pack until this thread.

#4 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

I think your question was answered, but just incase :)

The limited edition (LTD) modules that you receive with the clan package(s) can be used on any Mech and swapped out between them.

The regular modules require GXP to unlock and C-Bills to buy and use.

So, if you want more than just one of the four LTD module type(s), you will have to go the GXP and C-Bill route. Otherwise, you can swap out the LTD modules between Mechs.

Hope that helps and Happy Hunting to you,
Ayrmoon

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostKoniving, on 19 November 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

I used some of the modules, but yeah I didn't see much use in them... I actually forgot they came with the Clan wave I pack until this thread.

Yeah. The four in Masakari were pretty useless. I used Shock Absorbance for those few weeks when lights would break their legs running over a pebble, but the others I can't see paying GXP/CB for ever. Enhanced NARC and AMS Overload are good enough if you're using those systems, but those are not systems I use much (or at all) and Speed Retention is probably the single worst module in the game. "Hey, if you're about to die, under extreme circumstances, this might help!" Yeah, no. The 15kph stunlock really needs to be removed and I think exactly no one would complain that its removal invalidates this module.

Gold mechs did include the essential Radar Deprivation, but 15,000 GXP can be had cheaper than $260, IMO. And I can't imagine anyone not wanting multiples of Radar Derp. I have four, all ready for CW. :D With Adv Seismic, it is simply required equipment.

#6 Cessair Huxley

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:01 AM

The AMS Overload one is okay. I think the other two were like Speed Retention and that other one for falling damage. If you have nothing else they're fine, but you'll probably use the usual Seismic/RadarDerp combo eventually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users