• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

We currently have 2 types of special mechs:
- Heroes (or equivalent) which boost C-Bill income
- Champions which boost XP

With CW on the horizon, why not create a new type: Loyalty Mechs
Same principle as with Champions (no new geometry, just existing mechs) but they would boost loyalty points income during CW.

There are for sure players which would invest money to speed up their loyalty points income.
No PTW argumentation as its the same category as Champion mechs.
No new design as geometries and skins are the same as current mechs.

#2 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostJohnyBlack, on 20 November 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

We currently have 2 types of special mechs:
- Heroes (or equivalent) which boost C-Bill income
- Champions which boost XP

With CW on the horizon, why not create a new type: Loyalty Mechs
Same principle as with Champions (no new geometry, just existing mechs) but they would boost loyalty points income during CW.

There are for sure players which would invest money to speed up their loyalty points income.
No PTW argumentation as its the same category as Champion mechs.
No new design as geometries and skins are the same as current mechs.

They have that. I'm not sure if the Clan "Invasion" variants do this but the Phoenix mechs do.

#3 JohnyBlack

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

Problem is nobody can by them anymore....
And I understood that the Phoenix mechs are providing an initial pile of loyalty points and are not going to work like current Hero or Champions mechs.

#4 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostJohnyBlack, on 20 November 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Problem is nobody can by them anymore....
And I understood that the Phoenix mechs are providing an initial pile of loyalty points and are not going to work like current Hero or Champions mechs.

I'll have to go back to check, but the (P) variants were originally supposed to give an LP bonus. Depending on package, they also came with up to 4 hanging medallions that grant an LP bonus.

*edit* It's not entirely clear, but Paul's CW update on October 22nd has the latest update I could find: http://mwomercs.com/...pdate-oct-22nd/

The way I read the comments there and in the Phoenix FAQ page is this: (P) variants grant 10% LP bonus in your chosen faction. The bronze medallions Grant a 2.5% LP bonus in the faction they're cast in (Davion grants Davion LP, etc.), which can stack with the (P) bonus above. At start of CW, there will be a one-time lump sum injection to owners of the Phoenix loyalty booster pack (I don't recall which packages this applies to) for us to decide where to allocate the LP. Since Paul also said every pilot's faction choice will be reset, it remains to be seen whether we'll be able to divide those points between factions or have to dump them all in one pot.

Edited by Blalok, 20 November 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#5 JohnyBlack

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

It is not possible to buy the Phoenix package anymore.
So, for people which do not own it (did not want to buy it at that time or joined after the Phoenix package was available) there is no possibility to invest money to speed up loyalty points income.

Therefore, I would still advocate a possibility to buy Loyalty Mechs (or medallions).

The buyers of the Phoenix package would still retain the bonus for early adopters - which is the LP lump sum which they get granted beginning of CW.

#6 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:39 AM

Well, i have been testing my phoenix variants in CW the last few days, dropping in CW matches with a full Phonix mech drop deck, to see if its worth running them for their LP bonuses, but i got no LP bonuses or even a mention of them in the end of match screen as mentioned in the relevant command chair post last December;

http://mwomercs.com/...ints-clarified/

So what's the deal here?

#7 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostButane9000, on 20 November 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

They have that. I'm not sure if the Clan "Invasion" variants do this but the Phoenix mechs do.

I don't know about the "Gold" Clan Invasion Mechs (not willing to spend $500 for them) but the Al-La-Carte and Package Mechs come with 1 Champion for each Chassis which provides the standard Champion Boost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users