4 replies to this topic

#1 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

I am thinking about picking up the new hero shawk if it goes on sale over Christmas. Does anyone have any opinions about the mech, first impressions, is it effective, negatives, etc.? Thanks in advance!

#2 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:50 AM

Do not own it but I think it should be effective, especially if you do not use missiles a lot on the shadowhawk and like having lasers instead. I think it can be quite effective with a couple of SRM's, AC 10 or LBX 10, and 4 med lasers.

#3 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostSword of Morning, on 20 November 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

I am thinking about picking up the new hero shawk if it goes on sale over Christmas. Does anyone have any opinions about the mech, first impressions, is it effective, negatives, etc.? Thanks in advance!

It's a SHD-2D that trades a missile point for an extra energy point. I wouldn't play it stock, I'm not a fan of LRM5s or SRM2s, so I'd pull those for an SRM4. That should leave an extra ton so add a 4th JJ and a quarter ton of armour for the legs. Once you get the 2x basics you could probably consider pulling the extra heat sinks for an extra SRM4 with a ton of ammo. That would give you a good point blank brawler, but head might well be an issue.

I prefer the 2D with an AC/10, 2 MLs, an ER LL and an SRM4 which provides a better curve for using your weapons. I suppose you could do AC/10, 4 MLs and a pair of LRM5s for range to balance out the heat issues.

#4 GLIZZY GULPER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 140 posts
  • LocationN/A

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

It can 4 Medium/AC20, which is somewhat unique, I suppose.

#5 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostTal Ravis, on 26 November 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

It can 4 Medium/AC20, which is somewhat unique, I suppose.

Sounds hot. Interesting, but very hot.

You could do Standard 200, AC/20 (3t), 2 SRM4 (2t), 2 MLs & 4 JJs. Your left side is going to get heavily targeted. This way if someone does blow out your AC/20 instead of just being down to 2 ML, you've got 2 MLs & 2 SRM4s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users