- - - - -

Upcoming Challenge

19 replies to this topic

#1 Flattoecory

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

So for the upcoming challenge you will receive a victor if you meet the 20 points. Question i have is, is it worth it? I remember the old mechwarrior games i used to play and the victor was pretty great. Is it still decent? Just trying to decide how much i will allow myself to piss off the wife.

Edited by Flattoecory, 21 November 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#2 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:47 AM

Lets say it this way.... you might think about which restaurant to take your Wife out on Monday... Better make it an expensive restaurant. ;)

#3 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:47 AM

Would you not play the game if the Victor was not worth it? This challenge is so easy to beat that I'll give it a try, even if they offered me a Locust. Statue. For in the cockpit.

I haven't played the Victor after its negative quirks were removed but before those quirks: yes, it was worth it.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 21 November 2014 - 02:49 AM.

#4 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:50 AM

as much i love all that Jokes, be serious, RL always first.

Meanwhile i get the Victor yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D

#5 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:58 AM

Even the Vicor is a nice one, i would never p*** of a Wife. They can be much more devasting as a Victor ever can be. :ph34r:

But the XL and and .. the Mechbay.... uhmm welll hard to decide. :D

#6 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:13 AM

Ah, the wife topic...
Man, it will just earn you like 4 weeks sleeping on the couch.
But a free mech!!
So your choice should be clear.

#7 Flattoecory

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:19 AM

Ok good cause i was really looking forward to getting a victor, even just to mix up my play style a bit. Recently been tooling my firestarter to run around like a heavy. IE stripping off jj to make room for large lasers and the like. I know. Not the most efficent way of running my little mevh but undeniably fun/funny.

Edit. And dont worry about the wife im bigger than her so she cant physically kick me out of bed and i wont leave willingly. My back and all

Edited by Flattoecory, 21 November 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#8 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

Victors are one of the best IS mechs. And the champion comes with an XL350 and its own mech bay, making it a really sweet reward for players starting out.

#9 War Kitten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUnder a Cat

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:16 AM

Greetings All,

Am I the only one here with a wife that has no problems w/me doing this challenge as long as I can respond if she needs me?
(she is a disabled diabetic),

I think that this is just an excuse to keep me out of her hair so she can go back on twitter and go back to b*tch slapping anti 2nd Amendment people....hey, whatever works! B)
Was thinking about trying Assaults at some point anyways.....nice to hear that the Vic is a pretty good mech.

War Kitten

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:26 AM

The Victor is a very solid mech, now that it has had it's former negative quirks removed. with a large engine and jump jets, it plays like a more armoured Heavy. Definitely worth trying it in my opinion!

#11 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

Now that's just great I'm trying to stay off MWO till Tuesday as it's my wife's B'day weekend!

Gonna have to resist jumping in my LRM boats and spamming them until i die to then drop straight into the next LRM boat and repeat. I see my CPLT A1 and GRF-3M getting used almost exclusively if i can play this weekend.

Edited by mad kat, 21 November 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#12 Flattoecory

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Ok so just saying as a new player, definately having some trouble with this challenge. I am enjoying working towards a goal though. And the wife seems to understand the value of trying for this.

#13 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:52 AM

Good Luck for you Pilot.

We all know the difficultys to get these Kills and Asissts as we where new to the Game.

#14 Flattoecory

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

Well actually the biggest problem i have is the surviving part. I like being in the middle of the action too much.

Edited by Flattoecory, 22 November 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#15 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:26 AM

Remember, the wife can only leave you once. We have MWO almost every weekend :)

#16 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostFlattoecory, on 21 November 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

Ok so just saying as a new player, definately having some trouble with this challenge. I am enjoying working towards a goal though. And the wife seems to understand the value of trying for this.

I am a vet, maybe not a awesome vet.. But i know how to play.. and it took me a while.. 80 Matches.. I played my light, which i ended up getting so many matches with out a kill.. (even if i did 500+ damage) I stick with groups, and the heavy fire power people always end up getting it from me.. (though some of my lights are more pin-point, higher hitting, like with SRM's.. But i was using some more support stuff.

I finally had to switch mechs to get it done.. Something that could kill easier.. But i have to ask.. Did you make it to the end and get your reward?

PS.. Wives are a lot like playing "banished" If you wait to try to fix things once they gone bad it is way to late... Keep that wife faction high with random acts of listening... and your weekend mech challenges should be good, just don't forget to take out the trash. :P

Edited by JC Daxion, 24 November 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#17 Flattoecory

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:31 AM

No i didnt get the grand prize,had plenty of kills but only survived one match. The problem is i have a hard time letting wounded prey go. Specially if im the one that did the most damge. Which i suppose is why im most interested in upping my weight class. One more alpha is usaully easier to attain the three or four more. I roll currently with two firestarters,was working on eliting them but maybe now ill just buy a bigger mech. That vet t ime is handy.

Also spent some time with the inlaws so no worries about the wife.

#18 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

Wounded prey is often running back towards the red team; following it to finish it off is really ill-advised in most cases! I also had to learn the hard way not to compromise my position too much. But don't feel too bad about the challenge; this one was pretty hard for most players and I suppose not at all very friendly for new players. I hear they are going to repeat it (perhaps) next weekend. I made the challenge so perhaps I'll go in for maximum support.

The Firestarter is really a great mech and will teach you many things about the game. It is fast, good weaponry and difficult to take out due to poor hit registration; but it is still a light so keep moving and try to stay with your team. If you manage to survive until late in the match than you find it excels at finishing off damaged opponents with its light (sort of) weaponry.

Moving to a different weight class also means learning to play that weight class. MWO is really several games at once so don't get your hopes up too high. My first matches in assaults were really awful... :)

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 25 November 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#19 Flattoecory

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

I have really enjoyed the firestarter it is a nice little guy. And i am trying to curb chase instinc . Thanyou so much for the advice i truly appreciate it.

#20 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostWar Kitten, on 21 November 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

Greetings All,

Am I the only one here with a wife that has no problems w/me doing this challenge as long as I can respond if she needs me?
(she is a disabled diabetic),

I think that this is just an excuse to keep me out of her hair so she can go back on twitter and go back to b*tch slapping anti 2nd Amendment people....hey, whatever works! B)
Was thinking about trying Assaults at some point anyways.....nice to hear that the Vic is a pretty good mech.

War Kitten

Give your wife a thumbs up for me! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users