Mouse Sensitivity Levels And Zoom / Adv. Zoom

7 replies to this topic

#1 0rca

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

How can I change mouse sensitivity for advanced zoom?

Omicron.log reports:

<19:20:46> Initializing AI System
<19:20:46>	 i_mouse_smooth = 0 [DUMPTODISK]
<19:20:46>	 i_mouse_accel = 0 [DUMPTODISK]
<19:20:46>	 i_mouse_accel_max = 0 [DUMPTODISK]
<19:20:46> [Warning] Unknown command: gp_mech_view_look_sensitivity
<19:20:46> [Warning] Unknown command: gp_mech_view_zoom_level1_sensitivity_modifier
<19:20:46> [Warning] Unknown command: gp_mech_view_zoom_level2_sensitivity_modifier
<19:20:46> [Warning] Unknown command: gp_mech_view_zoom_level3_sensitivity_modifier
<19:20:46> [Warning] Unknown command: gp_mech_view_zoom_transitiontime

So those options are gone? Why?

#2 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

I don't know, but looking forward to the Black Friday next week, i'm really thinking about buying an 8 button "gamer" mouse, with a DPI resolution switch. This resolution switch might help a lot with adv zoom, i think. Anyone uses it?

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

No idea, sorry!

I'd file a support ticket and perhaps check Karl Berg's thread

#4 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

I bought a Steelseries Sensei with a DPI switch and it works great. I usually just leave the DPI on lowest, sometimes I'll toggle it higher for piloting assaults. I like the senei because the button layout is symetrical, the buttons are in the same location on both sides, which helps with making weapon groups and firing behind cover, and knowing which side of the mech the weapons will fire from.

#5 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

With a gaming mouse you can probably change the dpi on the fly with the manufacturer's tool. Might need to macro to get the functionality you want though.

#6 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostAssmodeus, on 21 November 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

I bought a Steelseries Sensei with a DPI switch and it works great. I usually just leave the DPI on lowest, sometimes I'll toggle it higher for piloting assaults. I like the senei because the button layout is symetrical, the buttons are in the same location on both sides, which helps with making weapon groups and firing behind cover, and knowing which side of the mech the weapons will fire from.

Great! I hope to find one low priced on the Black Friday!

#7 0rca

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

Guys, I have Razer Naga, and I actually can set some button to "toggle DPI while pressed" (and I use it that way for now), but I can not use this button anywhere else, since it's captured by razer driver. And razer macros is nothing but "keypress-replay", I can not add some complex (lol) behavior, like "on press set DPI to x; send Y keycode"...

After hours fighting AutoHotKey trying either trigger razer key handlers or solve this entirely on the side of AHK ... I gave up. So now I have 2 active buttons binded to parts of a single onpress/onrelease action: toggle DPI, send to MWO client to trigger zoom in/out...

If some gaming mouse has this "sniper button", can be macroed beyond stupid key-press-script... I'd really like to know about it :)

Thanks in advance!

#8 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostAscaloth, on 21 November 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Great! I hope to find one low priced on the Black Friday!

I bought the more expensive non-RAW version but I don't even use the extra features. If I was to go back in time and buy it again, I would indubitably get the RAW version and save a few bucks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users