Suggestions For Improving The Organization Of The Forums

1 reply to this topic

#1 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

I’d like to open by saying I think the forums are, on the whole, structured and operating well. However, I do think there is always room for improvement and I’d like to discuss what the forum users might like to see tuned a bit in regards to forum organization.

Here are my suggestions:

ComStar Focus Group - The name is not meaningful to folks not well acquainted with the lore (and then it’s a stretch). Suggest “News Bulletin Feedback Threads”

Guides & Strategies - Not a change per se, but this forum could use (in my opinion) a little more moderation. I think there are a lot of posts that don’t meet the criteria of a guide or strategy and which would be a better fit for “BattleMechs” or “General Discussion” forums.

BattleMechs - Needs a statement of purpose. I would suggest this should be a forum for discussing BattleMech issues of a general nature, and perhaps a name change to “General BattleMech Discussion” is appropriate. Also, it’s not clear based on the content of a large number of the posts in this forum that having this as a sub-forum of “Guides & Strategies” is the best place for it. Alternatives would be to make it its own top level forum or make it a sub-forum of “General Discussion”. Whether such a promoted version of this forum belongs in Training Grounds or MWO Universe I am neutral on.

BattleMechs sub-forums - Rather than being specifically about mech builds, I believe the scope of these sub forums should be expanded to discussions about BattleMechs that are specific to a certain weight class, e.g.. “Light Mech Builds” becomes “Light Mech Discussion & Builds”.

Game Balance - I’d like to suggest that a specific forum to discuss game balance issues be created. There tend to be frequent, redundant, balance discussions in “General Discussion” and I think having a place to organize these posts distinct from “General Discussion” would reduce the clutter and help focus the discussion. This new forum could be a sub-forum of “General Discussion” but I think putting it in the top level “Support & Feedback” area is probably most appropriate.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

Good plan!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users