71 replies to this topic

#61 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

View Postlegatoblues, on 06 January 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

Marmite

Dont get me wrong I love the thing but wish it was more than a comedy ride.

Also just gone on sale, says alot about income it's producing.

#62 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

every clanmech that went available for MC was on sale as it came out......
guys..... srsly.....

also: myst lynx does not have the screwed up lagshield/hitreg failures as commandos, lolcusts, firestarters etc.
thats the only reason.......especially firestarters and spiders are completely messed up atm. and everyone knows it.

#63 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

Honestly, I think the Mist Lynx is a pretty good mech. It's the first clan light mech that can keep up with firestarters and jenners, and even though it can only hold a max of 8 tons of weaponry, we're talking about clan tonnes. Clan weaponry. That in itself is an advantage. One of the only advantages IS lights had over clan lights was speed. But now the Mist Lynx(and kind of the Ice Ferret) can negate that advantage. The Mist Lynx is kind of a revolutionary light mech.

#64 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

View Posttiyos1017, on 08 January 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

Honestly, I think the Mist Lynx is a pretty good mech. It's the first clan light mech that can keep up with firestarters and jenners, and even though it can only hold a max of 8 tons of weaponry, we're talking about clan tonnes. Clan weaponry. That in itself is an advantage. One of the only advantages IS lights had over clan lights was speed. But now the Mist Lynx(and kind of the Ice Ferret) can negate that advantage. The Mist Lynx is kind of a revolutionary light mech.

and on which not existign hardpoints do you put them?

ever seen the lolcust with 3 mdiums 3 shorts? thats firepower. the lnyx has crappy preset stuff with crappy hardpoints, it is in comparison not good. the mlx has to sue those heat inefficient clanstuff which is not working for mechs liek lights. ISlights cna do everything better than the mlx.

#65 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:33 AM

Consider the fact that 1 clan medium is pretty much equivalent to an IS Large laser. ML can have anything up to 40 damage alpha with SRMs. That's pretty wicked.

Still not saying it is a good light in the current meta, but it has more potential in this regard than the other clan lights. They are mostly support while the MLX can to a certain degree play the "tiny anklebiter" role.

#66 FindersWeepers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the CIA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:40 AM

The mist lynx is an interesting mech in the same way as the locust used to be and the commando before that.it forces you to look at not how you play the game, but WHY. I play MWO for fun. ML is fun. Locust is fun. But not for everybody.

#67 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

View PostSep, on 14 January 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

The mist lynx is an interesting mech in the same way as the locust used to be and the commando before that.it forces you to look at not how you play the game, but WHY. I play MWO for fun. ML is fun. Locust is fun. But not for everybody.

Your fun is not the same as everyones else's. I get the most fun out of options, building mechs and tweaking, testing, repeating. My most fun mechs I own is a close tie between Jenner K, Jaeger and hellbringer, because they offer loads of options if you fancy a change with the same frame. Not only that they have a role to play that the currant meta's will appreciate in a game.
Myst lynx has none of these, small if none exsistant options and a role that is much better filled by another mech. The only thing I like about it is the size and looks, but thats irrelevant for fun, 2 JJ is fun, more is a waste. And CAP when the thing cant keep up with ecm lights?
The entire mech just seams pointless to me when clans have a huge whole for a fast light to fill, still!

#68 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

View PostHot Kid, on 22 November 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Thank you for this fantastic guide!!!!

I learned so much from your detailed instructions!!!!

You are my hero!!!! You are so good, nearly as great as the guys at pgi themself!

Sarcasm of the year award goes to.......

........So obvious even Sheldon Cooper could get that. :lol:

#69 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:27 AM

what fun? yolu can not even make much with the MLX to start having fun. this mech is nearly a forced stock mode mech because ther eis nearly anything locked on it. and even with the omnipods every 3 chassis variants IS light mech has more options than the MLX.

the only fun is skyrocketing it with its JJ's and enjoy the mpas, which I do in the testing ground.

#70 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:10 AM

tried these again yesterday for a while...they still sucks horribly. the only worth they have is a ERLL ECM sniper and then you just hope an IS light doesn't come hunt you to instadeath.

#71 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostTidy, on 15 January 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

Your fun is not the same as everyones else's. I get the most fun out of options, building mechs and tweaking, testing, repeating. My most fun mechs I own is a close tie between Jenner K, Jaeger and hellbringer, because they offer loads of options if you fancy a change with the same frame. Not only that they have a role to play that the currant meta's will appreciate in a game.
Myst lynx has none of these, small if none exsistant options and a role that is much better filled by another mech. The only thing I like about it is the size and looks, but thats irrelevant for fun, 2 JJ is fun, more is a waste. And CAP when the thing cant keep up with ecm lights?
The entire mech just seams pointless to me when clans have a huge whole for a fast light to fill, still!

Then the Mist Lynx is not for you, Tidy. You kind of missed the point entirely here. What Sep is saying is that some players can have fun in a Mist Lynx, and those players should get and keep it. Not everything in the game has to be fun for everybody- but everybody should be able to find something fun in the game to do.

One part of the game or one way of playing being not fun for you is not a fault in the game or a fault in anything else, but you're acting as though it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users