Are you Warden or Crusader?

107 replies to this topic

#1 BlazeKaiser

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Wardens are generally more peaceful and far less harmful to the IS people, as they believe ist their destiny to restore the Star League and save the Inner sphere.

Crusaders are more aggressive, believing that the Inner Sphere is a territory to be conquered and the Clans should destroy Inner Sphere cultures.

#2 Nereshad

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

I didn´t spend much thought on this until your question. It is a difficult one. Do you support the multicultre Inner Sphere or do you want a Dictatorship like the Crusaders.

I´m more of a Inner Sphere Player. :) So that Question doesn´t come up for me.

#3 KageRyuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

I ain't no filthy clanner scum, I'm an IS Merc through and through.

Edited by KageRyuu, 26 June 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#4 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Although an IS type, I'd have to say Warden as my two favorite clans (Wolves and Bears) are both wardens.

#5 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

Crusader, I read about all the factions we can choose from and now I want to destroy them all! :(

Edited by Fresh Meat, 26 June 2012 - 12:49 AM.

#6 Cyber Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts
  • LocationArc Royal

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

Warden, see sig below :(

#7 JackCrow

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostBlazeKaiser, on 25 June 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Wardens are generally more peaceful and far less harmful to the IS people, as they believe ist their destiny to restore the Star League and save the Inner sphere.

Crusaders are more aggressive, believing that the Inner Sphere is a territory to be conquered and the Clans should destroy Inner Sphere cultures.

I would be a Crusader, but I disagree with your description of the two philosophies. All Clanners, warden or crusader wish to see a restoration of the Star League, the two factions just disagree on how to accomplish that.

Wardens interpret Nicholas Kerensky's vision as follows; the Clans exist to protect the Inner Sphere from an external threat.

Crusaders believe that Kerensky formed the Clans so that they could return to the Inner Sphere, defeat the corrupt houses and reestablish the Star League and restore the golden age of humanity.

#8 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Crusading Warden of sorts, we should return to the IS to protect its people from the evil of the house lords and their constant wars.
We should also be teachers to show the militaries of the IS that trial based combat will save many innocent lives.

#9 JackCrow

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

What's funny is that unlike the IS, the Clans actually elect their leaders. Albeit, you have to be in the Grand Council to vote, but it is closer to democracy than some self appointed royalty.

#10 Krubarax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 329 posts
  • LocationGBG, Sweden

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

Warden
But not completly unCrusadered :(

Some people deserves the rage of the Bear

#11 Devlin Davion

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

Clanners are all freebirth STRAVAG! :(

#12 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

Warden. But sometimes the IS does need a bite on the behind from Wolf. I'd be more than happy to help put down a corrupt house or too in the IS though.

#13 BlazeKaiser

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostJackCrow, on 26 June 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

I would be a Crusader, but I disagree with your description of the two philosophies. All Clanners, warden or crusader wish to see a restoration of the Star League, the two factions just disagree on how to accomplish that.

Wardens interpret Nicholas Kerensky's vision as follows; the Clans exist to protect the Inner Sphere from an external threat.

Crusaders believe that Kerensky formed the Clans so that they could return to the Inner Sphere, defeat the corrupt houses and reestablish the Star League and restore the golden age of humanity.

I tried to use general words. The Crusaders are quite varied. The Smoke Jaguars are the most extreme crusaders, know for their hatred of IS culture and having slaughtered IS civilians because of rebels.

The Nova Cats are a good example of Warden. They turned their backs on the rest of the Clans to be part of the Second Star League.
Clan Wolf had the greatest success during the Invasion, despite doing numerous things to stall, such as creating the Wolf's Dragoon's, giving the location of certain clan worlds to the Second Star league and so on.
Ghost Bear actually moved most of their people to the IS and created a joint Clan-IS nation.

#14 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostBlazeKaiser, on 25 June 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Not really. All Clans be it wardens and crusaders believe that their destiny is to save the IS and restore Star League. They only disagree with when to return to IS.
The wardens did not support the invasion not because they are peaceful, but because they are isolationists.
Warden attitude is pretty much like this : IS people are not our problem, why bother with this invasion! we are a superior society better kept in isolation to keep ourselves pure and untainted. We will restore Star League when the IS is ready for us and want us to return.

Don't confuse Warden Clans with Clan Wolf in Exile :D . The real Warden Clans are not fond of IS at all. Clan Coyote is one that showed it to extreme level,when Clan Cloud Cobra allowed some religious representatives from IS to attend a kind of spiritual event on Babylon. The Warden Coyotes were so offended by the presence of those IS "surats" that the saKhan of Coyote lead an attack against CCC in 3062.

The Crusaders on the other hand consider the warden's isolationist attitude to be a threat, since sooner or later the IS will stumble into the Clan homeworlds. Thus the crusaders decided it is better for the clans to attack first then conquer IS and restore the Star League by force. Thus removing the threat of contamination by "curing or saving" the barbarians by turning them into clan citizens by force.

----
Although I like all Clans be it wardens or crusaders, I prefer the Crusaders simply because human history has shown that prolonged isolation leads to stagnation and decline :(

Edited by Taigen, 26 June 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#15 JackCrow

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

Great post.

#16 Squidhead Jax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

While I only completed the Mechwarrior 2 campaign as the Wolves, I think as a clanner I'd fall into the Crusader camp.

The Inner Sphere are a bunch of schmucks. Can't stop fighting even after we give them a common enemy.

#17 Ori Klein

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

We are Warden. There is no question.

#18 Fl3tcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I am a MechWarrior of the Inner Sphere, and, I will defend it from the clans as such!

#19 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Staunch Hell's Horses Warden the Inner Sphere needs to be taught how they are wrong, not slaughtered needlessly, the clans teach to not waste and look at how many lives were thrown away when the clans invaded, connecting peacefully with the IS as the Ghost Bears, Snow Ravens, and Sea Foxes eventually did is the right way to go, from there we will have more numbers, learn their style of warfare, and close suply lines from which we can attack Terra and seize if from the true enemies of Kerensky's children COMSTAR!

#20 Goldfinger

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBlue Tanuki Sake House, Luthien City

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

None of the above.

For honor and The Dragon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users