100 Damage Or Less Matches

40 replies to this topic

#21 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

It can happen to anyone...

A month or so back, I had an insanely good game - 700+ damage, 4 or more kills, etc. in a medium mech if I recall... Next game, I died with 0 damage after eating 10,000 LRM's and 1 NARC beacon.

It happens.

#22 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

I hate it when I get <100 damage and only 3 kills. I feel like I let the team down by not taking longer to kill mechs.

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 08 December 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#23 Hamish McPiton

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFishing out of my cockpit hatch.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

I had one with the OP back some time ago - Ran off the side of "the hill" on Alpine and by the time I ran all the way back around to the battle, climbed up and caught up with the fight that was going away at high speed (it was a stomp with us winning) I got lined up with the last one on the enemy team from 600+ meters away and fired off what would be the kill shot and... saw it hit a split second after one on our team killed him. Que the victory music and watch as my score was exactly 0 damage. Wow, that will take the wind out of your sails - a win and you didn't even need to be there. Got to shake those off and move on.

#24 Kiblams

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:18 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 08 December 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

It can happen to anyone...

A month or so back, I had an insanely good game - 700+ damage, 4 or more kills, etc. in a medium mech if I recall... Next game, I died with 0 damage after eating 10,000 LRM's and 1 NARC beacon.

It happens.

This is pretty much my experience with my Wolverine, I am either wrecking face or stumbling into a group of enemies by accient and dying with next to no damage dealt (taking evasive action only works 1 in 10 times).

I still really enjoy myself regardless, even if I do curse at myself for getting myself into bad situations.

#25 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

Sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail. (not much fun being the nail :blink: )

#26 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:49 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 07 December 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Hello, my name is 3xnihilo and I had a zero damage score in a CN9-AH last weekend...

Hello 3xnihilo! :D

#27 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

Definitely happened to me more than once, and I'm not a terrible pilot. My problem is that I usually run either Locusts or Commandos. I can usually get a couple kills and clear 300 damage in the little guys, but there are games where I'm spotting, or pause behind cover to type a message to the team (PUGLYF), and the cover isn't as good as I thought...

BAM!!

8,000,000-POINT ALPHA FROM A WHALE

It happens.

#28 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

this always happens to me when i try to pilot Atlas

bad positioning or teamwork and its all over.. either do really well and turn the tide of battle or uselessly die contributing little damage lol

#29 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostGamerGirlGundam, on 09 December 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

this always happens to me when i try to pilot Atlas

bad positioning or teamwork and its all over.. either do really well and turn the tide of battle or uselessly die contributing little damage lol

Assaults are all about positioning. In a bad position, and there is normally very little you can do to recover... Assaults also need a good amount of support, no matter what the pilot may tend to think.

#30 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

I think it is fair to at least acknowledge why it happened, in an honest fashion, when it does.

Neither "I suck" nor "My team sucked" is the correct cause of these incidents.

Like, for me, I should probably write "I will not try to do a hit-and-run directly through a mass of enemy mechs when running a Jenner" about 400 times on a chalkboard, because despite *knowing* I should not do this, I still occasionally do. :D

#31 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 10 December 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

I think it is fair to at least acknowledge why it happened, in an honest fashion, when it does.

Neither "I suck" nor "My team sucked" is the correct cause of these incidents.

Like, for me, I should probably write "I will not try to do a hit-and-run directly through a mass of enemy mechs when running a Jenner" about 400 times on a chalkboard, because despite *knowing* I should not do this, I still occasionally do. :D

Yup!

#32 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

I've had my fair share of sub 100 damage games, but only a couple have been due to death.

Most of them, I've discovered, occur when I put on my Command Mech Pants ™ and spend the match calling shots rather than shooting myself.

#33 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostLordMelvin, on 12 December 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

I've had my fair share of sub 100 damage games, but only a couple have been due to death.

Most of them, I've discovered, occur when I put on my Command Mech Pants ™ and spend the match calling shots rather than shooting myself.

Would that more advanced players would do this. 2 matches yesterday, 1st paid attention and kicked ass, 2nd didn't and died after scoring a whopping 36 points. OH Yeah! 36 points!!! Admit it you're jealous...as well you should be. :lol:

#34 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

How to avoid 100 points or less matches?

1) don't be one of the assaults left behind, and,.....

2) don't go back to cover them when the whole other team is descending upon said assaults.

#35 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

I don't understand...

A couple of months, i was doing over 1000+ damage and 4 kills at least...

Now i'm just in a loosing streak with mediocre 100-200 ish damage and ZERO win.

Seriously, i've played 10 games right now and lost 10 times...

#36 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:31 AM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 23 November 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

I've had streaks like that...probably not all day long, but certainly times where no matter what I do the losses pile up. Still, calling the rest of the team useless never really seemed to help much.

My worst so far in 2 years or so worth of games was a 26 match streak where the closest my side got was a 12 vs 6 at the end. 26 matches! But who's counting... :(

#37 Arc Viper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

I've had those matches I feel I sucked in (<200dmg). It's usually because I get too ballsy as a light or I get into the wrong place at the wrong time. Most of the time it's because my team sucked as a whole and was disorganized. It happens. Sometimes it's not even your fault.

#38 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 13 December 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

How to avoid 100 points or less matches?

1) don't be one of the assaults left behind, and,.....

2) don't go back to cover them when the whole other team is descending upon said assaults.

Oh, heavens... point 2... I've lost track of the number of times I've rushed back to aid the team's left behind assaults only to die in the process of protecting them.

I'm not sure which is worse: watching them then die a few seconds later, or watching them live the whole match while hiding behind a rock and scoring 20 damage for the whole game.

#39 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

Got 22 damage in a Thud last night on frozen.

Props to the enemy, they went all the way around down below and came up behind us.

I was the first to die. Reticle said i was getting hit from the front but no one was in front of me.

'Duh', turned around there was a Victor right behind me.

We got ambushed and was down @ 2-7. The rest of the team did fight hard and it ended 9-12, so props to them.

I obviously did nothing that match, other than pad someone's score.

#40 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

getting narced at caustic or alpine produces these games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users