Dead Mech Standing

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kelbor

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:59 PM

Why is it in most matches where a Dire Wolf dies on level ground, the mech rarely falls down. I can't tell you how many times I come across a DW and can't tell if he is disco, overheated, or dead. All I'm asking is that dead mechs should fall over (gyro failure tends to do that).

#2 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

There definitely needs to be extra force applied to the death dealing location.
IE: A locust that dies of legging should get its legs sweeped from under him. A DWF that gets cored should be launched back.

Edited by Burktross, 22 November 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#3 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

hell no, cuz that would rid my favorite tactical combat move!

works great if your mech is missing a side torso or arms, smoking away... then you go power down NEAR a few other real Dead mechs and look DEAD yourself. Then when those last 2-3 enemy mechs walk past you, NOT noticting you... you power back up, get the DROP on 1 of them, killing one from behind. Then maybe even killing a 2nd b4 the others NOTICE you! :) This tactic ADDS to much FUN in MWO. Try it!!!

#4 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:12 AM

Greetings all,

From BattleTech technical info, once the power to the myomers bundles is terminated there are 'locks' that engage to hold the legs in whatever position they were in before the power down.
- Reference gyros just failing, unless they are physically damaged they should continue to 'spin' for some time, now whether this directional power or movement can actually still be used is another thing. But as long as the reaction wheels are moving, a gyro is somewhat working.

The BAP is key in locating powered down Mech's, even scattered in about apparently dead chassis. The BAP is a hunting tool.

9erRed

#5 Ljusdahl

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

No, I like it!

#6 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

I like that dead mechs don't always fall down. We're talking about a machine losing power, having security locks engage to minimize further damage. Actually, I'd like to see it happen more often !

#7 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

B-b-b-but mah kill satisfaction.
If x4 ppcs rocket into a DWF core, it damn well should fall flat on it's back.

#8 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

I rather like the unpredictability of what position a Mech may take upon death. I think it adds to the combat and the game's immersion.

As far as that dead Dire goes, just toss a laser in its direction. If your reticle lights up, then it's alive. If not, then it's dead. Problem solved.

#9 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:59 PM

Greetings all,

Not always so with firing at Dead Mech's, there are components that can still be 'blown off' that chassis.
- Arms and side torsos can be struck and destroyed even after the chassis is indicated as destroyed or non-combat effective.
- You may also see the indication of a 'hit' on the reticle if the chassis part is not destroyed.

Just saying, as even 'what appears to be' a dead Mech still shows 'hit' strikes.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 23 November 2014 - 01:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users