- - - - -

Problem With Downloading

68 replies to this topic

#1 UniverseITA

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

Since yesterday I try to download the client but that I could not play because the client tells me an error...
The error is about a problem with download especially for the corrupt file of MD5.
I have tried and i'm trying to download the client but nothing!

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

After checking the hardware forum the md5 error is usualy due to a bad patch so first could you go to control panel (off the start menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7, or off the charms bar in Windows 8 (mouse to top right corner will bring up a side bar, click on settings then control panel)
then go to add or remove programs (in xp) or programs and features (vista, 7 and 8) then click on Mechwarrior online and click uninstall

after this try reinstalling.

if the above does not work

it looks like you have already tried re downloading the installer, and had the same result, is this correct?

does this error flash up immediately you launch the installer or is it when you hit install, or when you first hit patch?

what are the specifications of your PC, useful information would include:
Processor
amount of RAM
graphics card
amount of free hard drive space (or SSD space)
Version of windows (e.g. windows 7 home premium 64bit)

find this in system properties, (in xp, vista, 7 open up the start menu and right click on "computer" or "my computer" then select properties, in windows 8 open up windows explorer (the symbul that looks like a suspension file) then right click on computer and select prolerties) most of the information will be on the front page, for the graphics card go to device manager (a link on the left in Vista 7 and 8, hardware tab in xp)

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

You can try running the repair tool by using the "gear" icon at the uper right of the Patcher.

You may need to run a clean install of the game, which means first you'd need to uninstall anything you've downloaded so far. a program like CCleaner can help with this.

Best of luck, keep us posted with your progress.

#4 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Does the default windows uninstaller do the job as well as CCleaner? I've always relied on it thus far.

#5 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

Having a problem similar. Computer tells me I have a "Fatal error" when trying to re-install the game (wiped after it started crashing to desktop during Login). Will "resetting" the computer to original settings help? It's a family computer with lots of files, so I can't clean wipe it.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:46 AM

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 22 November 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

Having a problem similar. Computer tells me I have a "Fatal error" when trying to re-install the game (wiped after it started crashing to desktop during Login). Will "resetting" the computer to original settings help? It's a family computer with lots of files, so I can't clean wipe it.

Do not reset the computer to original settings,
resetting the computer to original settings usualy will result in wiping all your files, it restores the disks to what they were like when you purchase the PC (as in with none of your files, pictures, music, videos, games or other programs on it).

instead if the uninstall did not work install "Glary Utilities" or "CCleaner", bing sure to untick any offers to install additional programs during the installation, then run with default settings. Those programs scan your computer and fix errors.

After they have ran you should be able to reinstall.

incidentally running one of those and defragmenting your hard drive (if you have an Solid State Drive do not defrag it) once a month will keep your computer running fast.

#7 UniverseITA

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the valuable advices!
Thanks to you now I can play.
I'll see you in battle ^^

#8 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

I will give this a try. Thanks for the 'resetting' advice!

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

Windows will not allow you to defrag a solid state drive.

#10 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

Tried the "cleaner".... No joy. :(

#11 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 24 November 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Tried the "cleaner".... No joy. :(

Let me see if I understand your problem.

You have uninstalled the game and downloaded again?

When you try to reinstall you get the MD5 error?

or

Have you reinstalled, but the game won't load?

Jody

#12 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:45 PM

Jody, I wiped the game (manually because the Remove programs would not work) and then went to re-install the game and get a message titled "Fatal Error" which has a "log" file attached explaining why... but I don't really understand / read it well.

I have run the C++ / NET / DirectX updates as recommended in the Workarounds section, and since the game isn't on the computer the Repair Tool doesn't work.
Also ran McAffee, and tried rolling back "updates".

Today I ran the CCleaner as recommended by another helpful player, but I got the same "Fatal Error" message when I tried to Install the game...getting discouraged!

Any thoughts on what I could try next?

Edited by William Slayer, 24 November 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#13 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:24 AM

Try this Revo Uninstaller. There might be some parts of MWO still on the PC since you couldn't remove using the Add/Remove Programs. It will also get rid of registry entries on the game.

http://www.revounins...e_download.html

This helps when Add/Remove programs won't uninstall something. Obviously, use the free option and uncheck during install anything that is add on (like Ask toolbar and such). It gives helpful advice when uninstalling as to what exactly it will do. I recommend it to all of my less than expert family and friends when they have issues and haven't had a complaint.

Afterwards, try temporarily disabling McAfee during install (re-enabling after install of course). See if that helps.

Edit: and if still no joy, can you copy/paste the log file? At least the beginning so we can see what prompted the fatal error?

Edited by Golrar, 25 November 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#14 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostUniverseITA, on 22 November 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Since yesterday I try to download the client but that I could not play because the client tells me an error...
The error is about a problem with download especially for the corrupt file of MD5.
I have tried and i'm trying to download the client but nothing!

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot.

I had this too a few weeks ago (after a clean new system install).
After some tries with the md5 error,
i dont used "patch",
i used the repairtool.

No problem downloading all files with the repairtool.

#15 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 24 November 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

Jody, I wiped the game (manually because the Remove programs would not work) and then went to re-install the game and get a message titled "Fatal Error" which has a "log" file attached
Any thoughts on what I could try next?

Wow, that is a tough one. Let me research a bit and I'll get back to you.

Jody

#16 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

Thanks for the support guys. Love this community. Golrar- I tried to paste the log file in, but for no reason I can figure out it wont paste into this forum!?! And you can't attach files...:-( Galenit- glad you got it to work! However, I do not have the game on the computer currently, as I wiped it! My current problem is the reinstall. Jody- really sorry to stump folks with this...that was not my intention! Double thanks for checking into this.

Any one has a clue as to how I can get you guys that log file that shows the reason for the fatal error?I certainly made sure to save it.

#17 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:52 AM

How did you try to paste the log file? As an attachment?

#18 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

I just tried downloading the game again, got the same Setup Failed - Fatal Error message.

Opened the log file and did a simple "copy" and "Paste" after highlighting everything. As I attempt to "paste" to this screen it simple seems to close the Paste box, and nothing appears here in the Forum chat!?! Weird, because I can copy and paste it to a Word document... is there some block on the website from doing a Paste?

#19 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

Try to copy/paste to a text file in notepad. Then copy from that to the forum. Don't worry about using a quote or anything, just paste the first 10 lines into the body of your reply. Keep it simple.

Did you try the Revo Uninstaller before downloading again?

Also, this might sound strange, but is your PC wired to your internet connection or wifi? Perhaps some wild packet loss going on? The MD5 error is a checksum error, which usually means something got corrupted during download or was incomplete. Packet loss could cause this in extreme cases.

#20 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostGolrar, on 25 November 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

Try to copy/paste to a text file in notepad. Then copy from that to the forum. Don't worry about using a quote or anything, just paste the first 10 lines into the body of your reply. Keep it simple.

Did you try the Revo Uninstaller before downloading again?

Also, this might sound strange, but is your PC wired to your internet connection or wifi? Perhaps some wild packet loss going on? The MD5 error is a checksum error, which usually means something got corrupted during download or was incomplete. Packet loss could cause this in extreme cases.

I did in fact try the cleaner you suggested. And tried reinstalling the game no dice. I also tried your suggestion about copying and pasting into a document. Then, copy in this forum. Again, no dice!?! So weird.lastly, im wired to my internet connection it is not a wireless connection. Again, thanks for all the suggestions guys, I wish some of this great advice was working!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users