Monitor Readouts For Map And Weapons?

No replies to this topic

#1 Nikko Cortez

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

Currently designing a simpit for running triple 1080 surround and an additional mini monitors for displaying other readouts like the map and weapons. Is there any way to do this within the game or will i just have to run specialized software for mirroring the screen?

You would have thought this would have already been implemented with the Artemis concept from Razor that fell through. But if it must be software driven are there any suggestions? The only thing I could dig up was Actual Windows or something of the like.

I am planning on running up to four mini monitors displaying the Map, Weapons, Mech Health and Target mech paper doll. Not sure if Actual Windows could support this many mirrors or how much resources it would eat up in the system. I am planning on a dedicated Intel X58 computer solely for this setup. Mostlikely running a quad core i7/Xeon equivalent or possibly a Six Core if it's needed. I have about 5 X58's to choose from my collection ranging from the EVGA X58 Micro through the EVGA 4-Way Classified depending on whether i need the extra GPU Horse power or not.

***Edit*** So I sat down and started to tinker with Actual Window and the mirror effect works but I can only generate one. This would mean I would probably have to start looking into multiple machines feeding off of a stream/live feed and pull from that... One heck of a bulky system for a Sim-pit.

Here is a screen image of what I have running. I may have to dig more to see if there are better ways t refine the secondary monitor image.

Posted Image

If there are better programs please let me know! As of right now I can only mirror one window which leaves the weapons and paper dolls out at the moment.

Edited by Nikko Cortez, 23 November 2014 - 04:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users