#41 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 06 April 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Wow....awesome list Gargoyle. Where in the world did you find that? So many names, but it was really nice to see all the old House Marik and then Merc friends. Quality work. I remember it used to take forever to get Col. from Lt. Col. in FWL.

I used to create intelligence reports using the promotion lists. Because of that I have a collection of old promo lists that I saved over the years. We'd use the information to establish who was in command of which unit(s) so we would know the forces they could field in response to an attack.

- Garg.

#42 Rogan Lysis

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

@GargoyleKDR, how far back do you have these lists?

#43 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

The bulk of my promo list files I have handy go back to 1995. I might have back to 1992, but those would be on my back-up disks, and time consuming to restore.

#44 Dalfsson

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

hiya Brewer! i still remember the CC shaped burns on people's backsides from the old EGA battletech. :rolleyes: i stuck thru GEnie, AOL, and gamestorm, all in HK.

i had fun most mornings on gamestorm and AOL- i was one of the in game staff (MPBT Sonicrock) and the last lear it was an everyday thing having to boot the room lockers there. i still hate EA for buying up and killing gamestorm.

Tai-sa Dalfsson, 5th SOL (ret)

#45 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

Hmmmm Dalfsson......I know I know that name :rolleyes: Getting old.

#46 Dalfsson

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

anyone ever figure out where the clown prince Li Han Woo went off to? dude could be wicked on the old Genie msg boards. and is there a place here like the old fern bar? i still have a spare SPAM cannon or two to mount under the floor in front of the door to use on interlopers.

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 22 April 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Hmmmm Dalfsson......I know I know that name :rolleyes: Getting old.

#47 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

We made a Skippy's Fern Bar thread on the Fan Fiction forum I think, but you'd have to dig it up :rolleyes:

#48 Ito Ogami

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Howdy all,

GargoyleKDR, thank you for the roster, it brought back some memories and some old names I had forgotten.

Again, thank you.

Ito

Edited by Ito Ogami, 02 June 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#49 Ito Ogami

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Howdy,

Whatever became of Skippy and Yarmor?

Ito

#50 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

View Postbane, on 12 March 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Ah, the good old days of large bills and hating Davion scum. It was amusing when we first overran all of Davion space for more then a week, leaving them one planet to work from, which really meant they would log in, see all the color RED and just log back off again.

I still don't know how Rude Rich put up with dealing with the people in Davion for as long as he did.

Well, duh. That was when we cunning Capellans showed off the infamous MW1 jump bug and shared it with our allies in the Combine.

And then it was swarms of flying Jenners swarming over every destroy base mission we could get our hands on, swallowing FedRat planets like so many fortune cookies...until we politely told the powers that be how it worked and the rollover happened. Ah, I remember the Liao BBS. Good times, that.

#51 Amergin

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Gargoyle, you deserve a medal for finding that list.

Where are those screen shots?

-Pilot formerly known as 3836 Grendel

#52 BlackWidow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostMetro, on 02 November 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

No, unfortunately he isnt. Roger emailed me to let me know someone had taken his name, so you will find him under BW-IB

Good to see ya Brewer.

"His" name? HA! I beg to differ it's "her" name and it's mine! I also personally challenge anyone to a Mech-off! Unless you played BT when it was still called BattleDROIDS.....I doubt many here can say they have more history than lil' ol' me.

#53 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

View Postwanderer, on 03 June 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Well, duh. That was when we cunning Capellans showed off the infamous MW1 jump bug and shared it with our allies in the Combine.

And then it was swarms of flying Jenners swarming over every destroy base mission we could get our hands on, swallowing FedRat planets like so many fortune cookies...until we politely told the powers that be how it worked and the rollover happened. Ah, I remember the Liao BBS. Good times, that.

This would have been an unrelated story. The Combine didn't use any "bugs" during the takeover of Davion space. There was a bug that was discovered using abandoned merc units that some individuals in House Davion had used loading up all of the border planets so that it really only took a single lance being moved to a planet and a couple of missions to offset any advances your opponents had made. Since it was a long standing bug and had been abused pretty badly, I, along with the help of ALOT of other people, setup to "demonstrate" the bug by lining all of the Dragon's border worlds similiarly. We didn't really make a secret of it, even engaged a number of "merc units" that were mostly made up of Davion players second accounts. The day we scheduled to do it, there was a system reset and strangely enough the bug was corrected. Considering we had a boatload of people all having logged in to demonstrate this, we decided we should demonstrate on New Avalon. The result was the Dragon holding all of Davion space for the better part of a month(I mispoke in my previous post listing a week). RR was offline over this period, unfortunately, as he did deserve to sit on New Avalon and stomp a few mechs.

#54 Takashi Fuchida

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Misssouri

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

I also played Battledroid... oddly enough i just got done listing my history on the battletech MU*'s listings.. i would prolly challenge your history and addle brained fanatacism to the battletech universe }:D ... I also played many years ago on genie and rememebr having a $750+ bill and playing late late into the night and oddly just sitting and chatting for most of the time.

~Taka

#55 CgMass

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOK

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

GargoyleKDR you don't happen to have any lists from '96 do you?

#56 Creed Buhallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

At a convention in Phoenix (I believe it was a CopperCon) I organized and ran a tournament for this using Michael Stackpole's account. We had to cut it off because it ran long and he got annoying, but it was fun as hell ;)

Note for reference: When borrowing someone else's GEnie account, don't make your tournament double elimination...

#57 Theo WG

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationRome, GA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Man that's an old list. The Wild Geese were listed as M&M III at that time :P

I know you're out here Kinnison. Let's get the band back together. --==WG==--

HONK!

RANK IS FOR WEENIES!

#58 ScorpionTBC

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Wow, thank you Gargoyle. There are a lot of names I remember here. The nice thing is, so many of us are still working as a group:
The Bloody Clans:
Lieutenant Colonel 3578 Ice <<TBC>> (Major General ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 2691 Dutchman*PUCK* (Colonel ret.)
Chu-sa 4341 Draco <<TBC>>
Major 5453 9 L Dean <<TBC>>
Lieutenant Colonel 3782 Necroscope (Lieutenant General ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 5570 Skald (Lieutenant General ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 1565 Khyron
"Lt. Colonel 3043 M&Ms Melt, PERIOD!"
Lieutenant Colonel 3932 Agent <<TBC>> (Colonel ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 2262 BaronThudd <<TBC>> (Major General ret.)
The Bloody Clans II:
Lieutenant Colonel 4882 Phantom <<TBC>> (Colonel ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 6581 Candyman <<TBC>> (Major General ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 3817 Mad Dog<<TBC>> (Major General ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 4535 Grey Fox <<TBC>> (Major General ret.)
Chu-sa 1014 Fireblade <<TBC>>
Lt. Colonel 2547 Ginter <<TBC>>|||
Lt. Colonel 6376 Bloodfang <<TBC>> (Sho-sho ret.)
Lt. Colonel 4562 Ogre<<TBC>>
Sho-sa 3428 Ug Mugsley <<TBC>> (Tai-i ret.)
The Bloody Clans III (The Clans):
Leftenant Colonel 5097 TopCat Chen <<TBC>>
Lt. Colonel 3202 Grahame <<TBC>> (Regimental Colonel ret.)
Leftenant Colonel 1275 Stavros <<TBC>> (Colonel ret.)
Leftenant Colonel 2239 Sgt. Shultz
Colonel 3312 Trag <<TBC>>
Colonel 4684 GraveSpeak (Hauptmann-General ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 6918 Berserker <<TBC>> (Lieutenant General ret.)
Lt. Colonel 1955 Scorpion (Colonel ret.)
Leftenant Colonel 2099 dimwit (Colonel ret.)
Leftenant Colonel 2304 Pinhead<<TBC>>
Bloody Clans IV (Honorbound):
Colonel 1521 Byrd <<TBC>> (Senior Colonel ret.)
Lt. Colonel 1502 Trag
Colonel 3161 Reichwolff <<TBC>> (Kommandant-General ret.)
Chu-sa 5215 T.Stryke <<TBC>>
Lt. Colonel 2796 Beowulf <<TBC>> (Regimental Colonel ret.)
Lieutenant Colonel 2906 Hunter (Colonel ret.)
Lt. Colonel 1298 Shadow Chaser <<TBC>> (Regimental Colonel ret.)

Edited by ScorpionTBC, 07 August 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#59 Gideonwolf

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

You guys slay me.. hard to believe my old Gideonwolf from the Crucis lancers is listed somewhere..

:D thanks guys this made my day..

Gideonwolf, formerly of Crucis lancers and original Wolves Dragoons!

#60 Kinnison

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

So many familiar names, so long ago. My computer and both my backups gave up the ghost long ago, and I lost ALL my GENIE archives. That includes so much hilarious fiction in the Ghost Mech Bar. I do still have the Cloning of Li Han Woo story <EG> and the Death of the Wild Geese.

Sadly, this game has proven I am so very rusty. I haven't played computer Battlech in 10 years. But it was fun seeing Ice, Reichwolff and a few others of The Bloody Clans in one of my battles. Probably the first time ever we fought on the same side...lol

Kinnison

P.S. Theo
The Band! The Band!

We need Fisher, Dark Elf and a few others yet. I still remember those early Sunday morning runs. Good times. Good times.

Edited by Kinnison, 09 August 2012 - 02:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users