BattleTech - GENIE

64 replies to this topic

#61 Fuzzbone

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Talk about a "Blast from the Past" Just found out about this today from the former LoneRanger. You people have WAY better memories than me!

Not sure how powerful a PC this game needs - I got off the upgrade train years ago and mostly play (when I can find time given I'm middle aged and have young children) on Xbox360.

All the best to my fellow old-timers (GET OFF MY LAWN!)

Slide of House Kurita/FRR

#62 Shengir

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

K-wa all... just a note to say I am here... now what in the hell did GEnie do with my damn mech...

#63 Langkard

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

I played for a bit 1993-94 on GEnie. I see some names that are familiar. I tended to bounce around from House to House and then quit for a few months paying off some of those atrocious GEnie CC burnout bills (more from playing some of the other games like HYW). I think Maui was head of the Steiners and Rude Rich was Kurita and Graham was the leader of Liao? I don't remember the other house leaders. Some of the other names I recall are Ace Hunter and Tripper. Nice to know some of the other old folks are still wandering around.

#64 Daylar

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

Late to the topic, sorry.

I not only was a player of the GEnie version, with the handle Bullet_Bait (same as in Air Warrior), I'm also the person that got ball rolling on having it developed in the first place.

At the time, I was GEnie's Games producer, a some-time fan of the BattleTech miniatures, a reader of the novels and a huge fan of Activision's original 1989 Mechwarrior. After talking to Activision and hooking them up with Kesmai for some conversations, all I had to do was stand back and watch the magic happen. And magic is what Kelton, John and the rest of the crew at Kesmai excelled at, :D.

So, my part in the history was quite minimal, but I'm still proud of what came of it. Of all the games I was involved in at GEnie, the original MPBT was my favorite. You can imagine how happy I am that the spirit of it lives on.

I bought a Founder's package early on, but am just now finding the time to start learning the game (long story). Right now, I am the suckage; give me a couple months... and I'll be the slightly older suckage. Damn kids.

-B_B

#65 Notrich

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

Wow Daylar, if all that is true... can't thank you enough for getting the ball rolling back then.... Loved the GEnie game (had a hard time with prices though).

The one thing I loved about the game was the house forces list... all the known units just waiting to be filled up (or is my memory playing tricks on me... searching google now and can't find any screen shots of that - wow... old age is bad).

Back then I was in House Kurita... one of the sword of light units.

Edited by Notrich, 22 March 2015 - 04:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users